• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

August, the Orioles, and the Trade Deadline all arrive: BAL @ TEX 8/1-3

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the plan is to bring up Cole this year and there is some limit on his innings-would hope more than 25- then a call up pretty quick would be out if necessity. Who else Dallas K to eat innings?
The elephant in the room is the team refusing to let Burke start.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

part of the chaos yesterday was TOR trading for a known unvaxxed player.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very excited to start having future pitching roll up

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the plan is to bring up Cole this year and there is some limit on his innings-would hope more than 25- then a call up pretty quick would be out if necessity. Who else Dallas K to eat innings?

With Keuchel and Richards eating innings/starting games, this could get even uglier down the stretch. Dont mind seeing the young guys get chances and take their lumps figuring it out but just watching bad pitching by veteran guys is not "must see tv".

Kind of the same ol' same ol' to keep harping on the FO but if they intend to contend in 2023, there is a whole lot of work that has to be done with the rotation and the bullpen, to keep from being where the team is now, again next year with the absolute zero depth they have available

Reactions: DTC

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Keuchel and Richards eating innings/starting games, this could get even uglier down the stretch. Dont mind seeing the young guys get chances and take their lumps figuring it out but just watching bad pitching by veteran guys is not "must see tv".

Kind of the same ol' same ol' to keep harping on the FO but if they intend to contend in 2023, there is a whole lot of work that has to be done with the rotation and the bullpen, to keep from being where the team is now, again next year with the absolute zero depth they have available

At least we got Martin on the mound today.
Ragans will be fun to watch tomorrow.
Otto needs to make it through 6 innings with only 3 ER. That’s what I’m hoping for.
Dunning is Dunning lol
Not looking forward to Spencer Howard

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i would rather see the young guys and they can release Richards and keep Keuchel down on the farm

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn’t mind seeing Seth Nordlin

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
running a team full of young guys out there is the worst thing the Rangers could do.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
running a team full of young guys out there is the worst thing the Rangers could do.
why? of we are going to depend on them to move us forward then it's time start running them out there. why continue to march the Howard's. Richard's, Keuchel's, etc out there? or are we to continue throwing them out there on some sham hope?

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why? of we are going to depend on them to move us forward then it's time start running them out there. why continue to march the Howard's. Richard's, Keuchel's, etc out there? or are we to continue throwing them out there on some sham hope?

First of all, Howard is one of the "young guys," along with Dunning and Otto. Before Gray went down, 3/5 of our rotation was "young guys" who we are evaluating to see if we can depend on them long-term. And as we have all seen, it's been a mixed bag and we can't rely on any of them to give us at least 6 innings consistently. In a lot of cases, they can barely go 5. That's a big reason why our bullpen is in shambles, because they are overworked.

Secondly, developing pitching prospects is more complex than "let's run them out there and see what they got!" Not to mention, you have to consider how fresh pieces affect the rest of the team. Chances are, you're going to get even shorter outings than you do with Howard/Otto/Dunning, which means more bullpen innings needed from an already overworked pen. You also have to take into account their current workload and how much they have left in their season. And with guys like Ragans, with significant injury history, that is an even bigger factor.

And why do we need to run new guys out there now to know if we can depend on them? There's no one beating down the door, performance-wise. I understand the idea of wanting to see new guys out of curiosity as a peek towards the future, but I don't understand the idea of it being crucial to anyone's development.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My timeline has always been after the ASB for new pitching to roll up and yes they can and should be evaluated and working on stuff at the MILB level. I would assume Ragan’s is ready to come up

When Winn is ready. Ideally when he finds consistent control I will be happy to have him up, maybe this year but hopefully by next year

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My timeline has always been after the ASB for new pitching to roll up and yes they can and should be evaluated and working on stuff at the MILB level. I would assume Ragan’s is ready to come up

When Winn is ready. Ideally when he finds consistent control I will be happy to have him up, maybe this year but hopefully by next year

Now I'm curious - when your timeline doesn't match what the Rangers are doing, does that mean you were off in your guess, or that Rangers aren't doing things properly?

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I'm curious - when your timeline doesn't match what the Rangers are doing, does that mean you were off in your guess, or that Rangers aren't doing things properly?
Ha interesting question.
Maybe the guys just did not develop as anticipated but would have to say my guess was off unless team is just holding back
For example I did not think Winn would have control issues. Hard to judge the team without all the facts. Sometimes something physical happens randomly

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think development should and does happen at the MILB level. For example Bubba was
charged to be selective with more pitches and ultimately get more walks which he did

To me he should be a call up but needs to play. To be able to do that some roster moves will be needed. We have Miller about to come off IL. I guess Hernandez goes back down

Ultimately if I a guy is ready then a bet or two should be released only if it allows needed playing time. Kole is the one glaring at us for this but I have my doubts they will release him

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all, Howard is one of the "young guys," along with Dunning and Otto. Before Gray went down, 3/5 of our rotation was "young guys" who we are evaluating to see if we can depend on them long-term. And as we have all seen, it's been a mixed bag and we can't rely on any of them to give us at least 6 innings consistently. In a lot of cases, they can barely go 5. That's a big reason why our bullpen is in shambles, because they are overworked.

Secondly, developing pitching prospects is more complex than "let's run them out there and see what they got!" Not to mention, you have to consider how fresh pieces affect the rest of the team. Chances are, you're going to get even shorter outings than you do with Howard/Otto/Dunning, which means more bullpen innings needed from an already overworked pen. You also have to take into account their current workload and how much they have left in their season. And with guys like Ragans, with significant injury history, that is an even bigger factor.

And why do we need to run new guys out there now to know if we can depend on them? There's no one beating down the door, performance-wise. I understand the idea of wanting to see new guys out of curiosity as a peek towards the future, but I don't understand the idea of it being crucial to anyone's development.
i doubt there many supporters on this board to see a continuation of Howard. with Gray out 2-4 weeks and Howard's lack of improvement we've got Perez, Dunning and Otto & if we want to see more of Howard, we have a spot in the rotation. i think Ragans has earned a move up to the Rangers over sticking Richards or Keuchel in as a stop-gap pitching. and if after a couple of more disasters from Howard i think Winn has earned a spot up with the Rangers. it is not rushing them up it's a logical move for this time of the year