• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alex Smith Tired Of The BS!!!

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you thinking it would be retarded makes me like the idea even more.

CK for MVP 2013!

just like i said smith would be our best option for 2011. although we wouldn't be having this conversation is we traded for brees before the 2004 season like i wanted.

handing the keys to a super bowl contender to a qb with no nfl experience is just asking for trouble

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just like i said smith would be our best option for 2011. although we wouldn't be having this conversation is we traded for brees before the 2004 season like i wanted.

handing the keys to a super bowl contender to a qb with no nfl experience is just asking for trouble

So either he will never get a chance with us or we wont be super bowl contenders in 2 or 3 years??

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was very happy hearing Smith was going to visit the Dolphins and Seahawks.

1. It might mean Manning is coming here.
2. It shuts up *some* people who kept saying that Alex would get no play - haven't seen many here, but elsewhere that are obtuse about it. Not saying Alex is covetted, but it did get kind of annoying. I thought it was obvious that 1) people were waiting for Manning (Flynn didn't get play from anyone until after Manning started to nix teams), 2) everyone thought Alex was coming back so it would be a waste to spend much effort on him, especially since he's not a HOF QB. 3) Condon was obviously busy. and 4) We don't hear private conversations of interest everytime.
3. It means that Alex has some backbone in that he won't just accept a backup job to Manning. He might accept a spot where he must compete for the starting position, but he's no Matt Leinart, who signed to backup a set Schaubb (pre-injury he was durable, right?)

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So either he will never get a chance with us or we wont be super bowl contenders in 2 or 3 years??

no, we need to throw kap in the slow cooker so he can bring the flavor later.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thought that the Dolphins will sign Alex Smith to be their starter is laughable. Manning will most likely not want to come out and live in the San Francisco lifestyle; I don't see him as that type of guy. If Smith is smart, he'll just wait it out again and take the contract the Niners offered him. He won't get close to it elsewhere.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man this is worst case for me. I definitely don't think we'll get Manning and now we might lose Smith as well. That freaking sucks. If these guy screw up a NFC Championship team by screwing around with Manning and not getting him then I'd be pissed. Why mess with a potential championship team?

I'm just not sure about rolling the dice on Kaepernick

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
many say luck's numbers are lower than they should be because of the more conservative gameplan stanford runs.

Hmmmm. Luck had a pretty high YPA for his college career. He had a higher YPA(almost a yard better) then Barkley last year. Think Stanford's run game keeps Luck's numbers down.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man this is worst case for me. I definitely don't think we'll get Manning and now we might lose Smith as well. That freaking sucks. If these guy screw up a NFC Championship team by screwing around with Manning and not getting him then I'd be pissed. Why mess with a potential championship team?

I'm just not sure about rolling the dice on Kaepernick

You know what though, they had to try. You gotta give 'em credit for that. They saw the opportunity and went for it and they tried to do it discreetly.

Last edited by a moderator:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This absolutely confirms it for me that it was about the guaranteed money, NOT about the 8 million per year overall.

Barrows cites sources saying Smith is ticked off with the 49ers for what he perceived as a gap between their public comments and the contract offer they made him.

Can we now stop saying that Alex is looking for 10 million or just a big pay day? It's clear to me that he wants a commitment and he might not get it. Maybe a compromise, but definitley not a cave-in.

Edit: Rethought it over, there is an interpretation of "public comments" meaning Harbaugh saying he was elite, etc. I just don't think Smith is like that. But he might take issue with "Alex is our guy" and then getting a one year "our guy" deal (GTD) and making it look like a 3 year deal. I say, take it, prove it, make it hard for them, and earn a big pay day. But I can't blame him 100% for where he's at, only a proportion of that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmmm. Luck had a pretty high YPA for his college career. He had a higher YPA(almost a yard better) then Barkley last year. Think Stanford's run game keeps Luck's numbers down.

uhm....maybe u should have watched the games

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read that we would maybe interested in Josh Johnson from Tampa bc Harbaugh coached him at SDSU

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cool me too, i guess that gives me all the validation i need, and proves me right.

We seem to have a very well built team with a chance to have a nice window, at what point does kaep stop being inexperienced to play for this contender? do we just wait until this team falls apart and he no longer has a strong supporting cast? How do you intend to get him that experience with out playing him? unless the coaches see a major flaw in his game i see no reason to fear putting him in.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
many say luck's numbers are lower than they should be because of the more conservative gameplan stanford runs.

And those who say that are idiots. Andrew Luck was 3rd in the PAC-10 in attempts and first in passes of over 25 yards in Harbaugh's final year at Stanford.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not gonna lose any sleep over losing Smith if Manning doesn't sign. I didn't want Alex back either way.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And those who say that are idiots. Andrew Luck was 3rd in the PAC-10 in attempts and first in passes of over 25 yards in Harbaugh's final year at Stanford.

again, watch the games

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cool me too, i guess that gives me all the validation i need, and proves me right.

We seem to have a very well built team with a chance to have a nice window, at what point does kaep stop being inexperienced to play for this contender? do we just wait until this team falls apart and he no longer has a strong supporting cast? How do you intend to get him that experience with out playing him? unless the coaches see a major flaw in his game i see no reason to fear putting him in.

throwing a guy out there before hes ready just to get experience can result in 2-4 years of him taking his lumps. if we bring in a guy like hasselback, if kap can't beat him out then he isn't ready to start.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again, watch the games

I've watched every single Stanford game since Harbaugh was their coach. I've closely followed Andrew Luck since the third college game of his career against San Jose St. And I'm giving you hard stats that prove that Harbaugh wasn't conservative at Stanford.

You're just making shit up to make excuses why Alex was the one of least used starting QB in the league last year. In fact, the only QB who was asked to pass less than Alex was Tim Tebow.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I've watched every single Stanford game since Harbaugh was their coach. I've closely followed Andrew Luck since the third college game of his career against San Jose St. And I'm giving you hard stats that prove that Harbaugh wasn't conservative at Stanford.

You're just making shit up to make excuses why Alex was the one of least used starting QB in the league last year. In fact, the only QB who was asked to pass less than Alex was Tim Tebow

But Tim Tebow won a tight playoff game against an elite defense in the final seconds, how many other players have done that? :fish2: