• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alex Smith Tired Of The BS!!!

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was an NFL offense. It wasn't a spread offense. That doesn't make Harbaugh conservative.

Why is this so hard for you to understand?

it comes down to the play calling. while bradford was putting up 50 a couple years earlier, luck is putting up 30. going full throttle part of the time is conservative in ncaa

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
throwing out stats that include all the cupcakes makes no sense either. half of every teams schedule are basically 2nd rate teams.

If half of all schedules are that way, then there really is no reason not include all the games. It isn't as if Luck had an advantage by playing cupcakes the other QBs didn't.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
it comes down to the play calling. while bradford was putting up 50 a couple years earlier, luck is putting up 30. going full throttle part of the time is conservative in ncaa

So Michigan with Denard Robinson is conservative?

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
it's an option offense...

Yeah. But they don't throw it 50 times per game.

You said Oklahoma, in the spread, is not conservative throwing 50 times per game, but Stanford, with a pro style is.

So I'm assuming you are treating all offenses as equal.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. But they don't throw it 50 times per game.

You said Oklahoma, in the spread, is not conservative throwing 50 times per game, but Stanford, with a pro style is.

So I'm assuming you are treating all offenses as equal.

well, michigan would need an actual qb in order to throw 50x a game. luck, bradford, etc would look kinda funny trying to execute the offense robinson does. he's basically a running back

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He didn't need Luck to throw it 50 times a game. You can't compare the PAC-10 to the Big-12. Big-12 was riddled with pass-happy offenses and horrible defenses. Teams needed to score a lot of points to keep up with opponents. The PAC-10 was/is a much more controlled conference, and within that conference Harbaugh proved he was anything but conservative.

You have no grey area or middle ground. You're saying Harbaugh is conservative because he didn't let Luck throw it 50 times a game. Do you realize how fucking stupid you sound?

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bradford had 50 touchdowns because he was in a spread offense. luck was in a more ball control offense that called for execution. there's a reason why luck didn't win a heisman, it came down to the design of the offense.

Southern9er

Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That's ridiculous. Alex is the one that should be grateful to have gotten chance after chance after he was one of the biggest disappointments in 49ers draft history. This franchise does not owe him anything. Yes, he's a great a guy, a nice guy, a good locker room presence, but that doesn't and shouldn't change anything.

I've repeatedly recognized that Alex has improved. But I'm not exaggerating it as much as you are. He was much better this year in limiting turnovers and taking what defenses give him - but he actually averaged LESS yards and TDs per game than he did last year under Singletary. And quite frankly, I don't think it's ridiculous to think that Kap can do the same thing in Harbaugh's simple, fishnet offense designated to limit what Alex did as much as possible.

How much am I exaggerating it?

I think Alex is very grateful, but when you see an athlete stick with his team and (vice versa) that says something. I value that and combined with his improvement I believe he will only get much better. I think he can become really good this year given the opportunity with this team. I don't think he's peaked, last year was better than we could reasonably expect.

Finishing #9 for regular season passing is pretty good I think, don't you? Last year he was #21. Pass attempts were limited for obvious reasons for the 2011 season, but pull it forward and he's nearing the 4000 yd mark. Top 10 QBs averaged 536 attempts, Smith attempted 445 which is 20% less. If we pass as much as the top ten avg then Smith's numbers are, 327 for 536 attempts 3733 yds / 20 TDS / 6 INTs. If he did that in one year with Harbaugh imagine what he will do this year?

Cherry picking a single stat from his performance last year is argumentative, he also threw for 800 more yards and had half the INTs. If we compare let's do all the numbers. The ENTIRE team, coaching included, had a massive problems getting TDs inside the redzone. YDS and TDs are low, but how much is that play calling?

We won't know about Kap until we see him for a season...he could perform like Dalton, he could be a disaster. How do you know that Harbaughs offense "...was 'designated' to limit at Alex did as much as possible?"

Southern9er

Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He didn't need Luck to throw it 50 times a game. You can't compare the PAC-10 to the Big-12. Big-12 was riddled with pass-happy offenses and horrible defenses. Teams needed to score a lot of points to keep up with opponents. The PAC-10 was/is a much more controlled conference, and within that conference Harbaugh proved he was anything but conservative.

You have no grey area or middle ground. You're saying Harbaugh is conservative because he didn't let Luck throw it 50 times a game. Do you realize how fucking stupid you sound?

Interesting comment (and I agree)...what do you think if you apply that argument to Kap and his time in the WAC?