• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alex Smith Tired Of The BS!!!

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also think Smith is gone at this point and one of the following guys will be on the roster with Kap and Tolzien (spelling?):

Manning (50%)
Hass
Josh Johnson

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex seems like a great guy but this is a good thing

Southern9er

Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Not with Kap and Tolzien...9ers F'ed this away if they come up the loser in the Manning sweepstake...and in the process burned a guy who was an exceedingly dedicated and tenacious 49er.

If Smith walks and we don't get Manning we come out of this the loser...unless we have someone else on the radar. Regardless of what people think about Smith it is undeniable that he was the starting QB for a team that went to the NFC championship and led several 4th qtr comebacks including that stellar one against Brees and NOLA.

If we get Manning, awesome...but I value Smiths dedication, committment and loyalty to the 49ers.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
stanford was more execution than pushing the ball downfield. it was never a high flying spread offense like u see at so many schools now.

That's doesn't mean Harbaugh is conservative. It's not like it's either you're spread, or your conservative. Like I said, when Harbaugh was HC Luck was 3rd in attempts in the PAC-10. Luck threw more than Darren Thomas running Chip Kelly's spread offense. Luck also threw more 15+ and 25+ yard passes than anyone else in the conference.

Just admit you were wrong and move on.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What's not known at this point is how much guaranteed money was in the contract offer, which would show the level of commitment to Smith.

The 49ers figured that their offer was more than Smith would get on the open market. They may have miscalculated on that, and besides, with Smith it's never been about the about the money. He went his first few seasons with the 49ers without even buying a car. He funnels a very large portion of his earnings into his charity, The Alex Smith Foundation, which benefits foster children in California.

49ers Blog and Q&A: Report: Dolphins negotiating with Alex Smith

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kawakami:

The more I think about this, the more I'm convinced there's a strong Kaepernick component to this. 49ers don't want to block his path.

Good. This is exactly my line of reasoning. We miss out on Manning and we have CK. He was always the insurance policy. He's not gonna set the league on fire, but I don't think we'd have a worse offense than 26th in the league with him in there, either.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not with Kap and Tolzien...9ers F'ed this away if they come up the loser in the Manning sweepstake...and in the process burned a guy who was an exceedingly dedicated and tenacious 49er.

If Smith walks and we don't get Manning we come out of this the loser...unless we have someone else on the radar. Regardless of what people think about Smith it is undeniable that he was the starting QB for a team that went to the NFC championship and led several 4th qtr comebacks including that stellar one against Brees and NOLA.

If we get Manning, awesome...but I value Smiths dedication, committment and loyalty to the 49ers.

As opposed to CK's dedication, commitment, and loyalty? No one is denying that Alex is a great guy off the field and in the locker room, but let's not act as if he's the only good guy in the league.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we lose out on all the QBs then we have money to play with. Which is never a bad thing.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Anyone judging the Niners' supposed 3 yr./24 mil deal, or Smith's response, without knowing the details has *zero* idea how NFL contracts work. For all we know it could have allowed them to cut him tomorrow without paying a dime.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
No one is denying that Alex is a great guy off the field and in the locker room, but let's not act as if he's the only good guy in the league.

Nice job pointing that out Clyde. Don't let a positive remark go unchallenged!

LOLOLOL.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice job pointing that out Clyde. Don't let a positive remark go unchallenged!

LOLOLOL.

I'm not challenging it, but I feel like some are loyal to Alex because he's such a good guy. I agree that he's a good guy, but that doesn't mean his replacement won't be, and at the end of the day it's play on the field that matters most.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Peyton doesnt sign then I got no problem rollin with Colin Kaepernick as our starting Qb in SanFran, Harbaugh can make any Qb good #49ers

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After arriving in Miami early this morning, the 49ers free-agent quarterback is in negotiations with the team, the Denver Post’s Mike Klis reported, citing an NFL source. Per the report, Smith is being offered a multi-year deal worth about $8 million annually.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If we lose out on Smith and Manning
What are the chances we take Tannehill if he falls that far?

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we lose out on Smith and Manning
What are the chances we take Tannehill if he falls that far?

We wont, we will roll with Kap and maybe get Johnson from the Bucs

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ben Volin (Palm Beach Post):

I know for a fact that Smith didn't sign the 49ers contract offer because he knew they'd be interested in Manning. Wants to play in 2012

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ben Volin (Palm Beach Post):

I know for a fact that Smith didn't sign the 49ers contract offer because he knew they'd be interested in Manning. Wants to play in 2012

An 8 million dollar backup?

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Alex Smith willing to be Niners’ backup plan to Peyton Manning - Inside the 49ers

It only took Alex Smith a few hours to get over his anger at the Niners for pursuing Peyton Manning, apparently.

According to Jason Cole, Smith will not sign with the Dolphins unless the Niners sign Manning. Even if the Dolphins offer more than the Niners, Smith wants to be in California. In other words, he wants to swallow his pride and win.

Now, Smith has to wait like the rest of us for Manning to make up his mind.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Smith willing to be Niners’ backup plan to Peyton Manning - Inside the 49ers

It only took Alex Smith a few hours to get over his anger at the Niners for pursuing Peyton Manning, apparently.

According to Jason Cole, Smith will not sign with the Dolphins unless the Niners sign Manning. Even if the Dolphins offer more than the Niners, Smith wants to be in California. In other words, he wants to swallow his pride and win.

Now, Smith has to wait like the rest of us for Manning to make up his mind.

Smart man, although, I'm not sure how long Miami will wait. I can't imagine they feel good about them being his backup plan.