• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NFL Quarterback Carousel

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And as unimpressive as Cam was last year he was coming off injury and learning a tough system. The Pats need to get FA WR s IMO BB cannot draft WRs. I too feel Cam will be back, I don't like it but I think it happens.

Cam is like Obama.
I don't want him as my QB, but I will support him if he is.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Lynch said for the second time, "Jimmy Garappolo will be the 49ers quarterback in 2021, If he's healthy."

What he's saying is that the 49ers are looking for a quarterback that will stay healthy in 2021 and will keep JG if there is no other option. Reports are that Lynch is trying to find someone with a QB who they can trade JG to and across the board, no one is interested in trading their quarterback for JG. Hate him or love him, BB would love to have him back. Can he stay healthy for an entire year? Who knows? Would he be a better risk than Alex Smith? Probably yes. Better risk than Ryan Fitzpatrick? That might be a coin flip. I think Fitz would be comparable and about $17M cheaper.

The Falcons and Vikings are looking for potential trade partners. Kirk Cousins and Matt Ryan are both free agents in 2022 and neither team is looking forward to being left holding the bag. The 49ers are continually trying to get Cousins but the Vikes don't want JG but will take him if Kittle is involved and the Sf won't do that. Falcons are looking for a 2021 1st round pick but no one is willing to give up a first. The Patriots might be in play if the Falcons seriously get off their asking price and are willing to take a 2nd round pick. BB would rather it be a 3rd rounder all things considered.

Here's the biggest problem for BB nd the patriots. He will not be able to convince any top tier players to sign with the patriots if they don't have a quarterback in place. There has been no confidence shon publicly for Jarrett Stidham since last May and they won't be able to sell him this late in the game.

C'mon Bill, there re pieces out there to be had. You may be already making something happen or you may already have a deal done. If you haven't, time is fleeting and you need to get moving.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Lynch said for the second time, "Jimmy Garappolo will be the 49ers quarterback in 2021, If he's healthy."

What he's saying is that the 49ers are looking for a quarterback that will stay healthy in 2021 and will keep JG if there is no other option. Reports are that Lynch is trying to find someone with a QB who they can trade JG to and across the board, no one is interested in trading their quarterback for JG. Hate him or love him, BB would love to have him back. Can he stay healthy for an entire year? Who knows? Would he be a better risk than Alex Smith? Probably yes. Better risk than Ryan Fitzpatrick? That might be a coin flip. I think Fitz would be comparable and about $17M cheaper.

The Falcons and Vikings are looking for potential trade partners. Kirk Cousins and Matt Ryan are both free agents in 2022 and neither team is looking forward to being left holding the bag. The 49ers are continually trying to get Cousins but the Vikes don't want JG but will take him if Kittle is involved and the Sf won't do that. Falcons are looking for a 2021 1st round pick but no one is willing to give up a first. The Patriots might be in play if the Falcons seriously get off their asking price and are willing to take a 2nd round pick. BB would rather it be a 3rd rounder all things considered.

Here's the biggest problem for BB nd the patriots. He will not be able to convince any top tier players to sign with the patriots if they don't have a quarterback in place. There has been no confidence shon publicly for Jarrett Stidham since last May and they won't be able to sell him this late in the game.

C'mon Bill, there re pieces out there to be had. You may be already making something happen or you may already have a deal done. If you haven't, time is fleeting and you need to get moving.

Have a guy connected to the Falcons. They hired Arthur Smith to work with Matt Ryan. I have a hard time seeing them trade him after that was the entire purpose for hiring the coach in the first place. Throw in then the cap situation they find themselves in and it is almost impossible to trade Matt Ryan. They would have a $44 million dead money hit if he was traded before June 1st.

Vikings with Kirk Cousins would be in a little better situation to trade him, but have a hard time seeing them do it then take on Jimmy G's cap hit in return. Again would take a huge trade to make it worth their time. This is why you rarely see the player for player trades in the NFL.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have a guy connected to the Falcons. They hired Arthur Smith to work with Matt Ryan. I have a hard time seeing them trade him after that was the entire purpose for hiring the coach in the first place. Throw in then the cap situation they find themselves in and it is almost impossible to trade Matt Ryan. They would have a $44 million dead money hit if he was traded before June 1st.

Vikings with Kirk Cousins would be in a little better situation to trade him, but have a hard time seeing them do it then take on Jimmy G's cap hit in return. Again would take a huge trade to make it worth their time. This is why you rarely see the player for player trades in the NFL.
They really should change the way the cap works with trades and structure it like the NBA where outstanding future cap dollars can be traded too when the value on each side is equivalent. That would probably create more trades and at a minimum create more interesting trades. They could leave out aspects like bringing back cap exceptions the way the NBA has salary exceptions, but in all it would create a better situation for teams to create a roster they want without changing much structure on the players side. Maybe throw in a bone that any player traded has that year's salary guaranteed to prevent teams from trading players they already plan to cut in order to fulfill the cap amount being traded.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They really should change the way the cap works with trades and structure it like the NBA where outstanding future cap dollars can be traded too when the value on each side is equivalent. That would probably create more trades and at a minimum create more interesting trades. They could leave out aspects like bringing back cap exceptions the way the NBA has salary exceptions, but in all it would create a better situation for teams to create a roster they want without changing much structure on the players side. Maybe throw in a bone that any player traded has that year's salary guaranteed to prevent teams from trading players they already plan to cut in order to fulfill the cap amount being traded.
That's the business end of it.
League and union agreed to it.
I try not to make a habit of telling millionaires and billionaires how to run a business.....

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the business end of it.
League and union agreed to it.
I try not to make a habit of telling millionaires and billionaires how to run a business.....
Do you get a lot of opportunities to restrain yourself?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Curran of NBCSports has been calling all of the free agent quarterbacks to ask how they feel about coming to the Patriots. Of course Ryan Fitzpatrick said that as they stand right now, he wouldn't consider the Patriots.

So for the next week and a half we'll hear about every quarterback who doesn't think that he would come to Foxboro if they don't improve the WRs.
Of course he wrote an article today call out BB because he hasn't addressed the media since February 4th. Sure Tom, he wants to answer a thousand similar questions about whether or not he wants to bring Cam back and how he feels about Brady winning ring number 7.

I hope he refuses to even answer one question from now until March 7th 2022.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems the prognosticators have every available QB potentially heading to NE. I see it being less and less likely the Pats take a FA QB

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Curran of NBCSports has been calling all of the free agent quarterbacks to ask how they feel about coming to the Patriots. Of course Ryan Fitzpatrick said that as they stand right now, he wouldn't consider the Patriots.
Priceless... Reminds me of the ugly girl without a prom date stating how she would NEVER consider going with the captain of the football team.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots pretty much have the OL in place and that should be an extremely attractive part of any QB consideration about coming to NE. Only an idiot would believe that there won't be some changes in the WRs.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots pretty much have the OL in place and that should be an extremely attractive part of any QB consideration about coming to NE. Only an idiot would believe that there won't be some changes in the WRs.
I don't hate the cast of WRs. Assuming we get JE11 back at least 80% of him old self? Harry gets one more year before trading him for a bag of kicking tees. Focus on a dominant TE next. Plenty of decent WRs available in both the draft and FA to improve this WR Corps.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't hate the cast of WRs. Assuming we get JE11 back at least 80% of him old self? Harry gets one more year before trading him for a bag of kicking tees. Focus on a dominant TE next. Plenty of decent WRs available in both the draft and FA to improve this WR Corps.
I might rather have the kicking tees now instead... at least those don't need to be fed.

I hope Harry can prove this statement wrong, but so far he's really earned it.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edelman, Meyers, Harry, Gunner, Zuber, Marquise Lee, Davis are the signed WRs on the Patriots roster. Depending on how BB and Josh view these guys and the the Special Teams value, maybe four or five will still be here in September.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edelman, Meyers, Harry, Gunner, Zuber, Marquise Lee, Davis are the signed WRs on the Patriots roster. Depending on how BB and Josh view these guys and the the Special Teams value, maybe four or five will still be here in September.
The question marks are Edellman and Harry.
Will Edellman even return? Is so will he be able to cut in order to gain his seperation?

Harry can he even become a good #2 or even a #3?

Assume Edellman returns healthy, Meyers is our #2. Then maybe Harry? Hopefully Lee could be a 2 or 3 we just don't know what we have there? Gunner is a nice piece to have but never going to be a 3 or higher. Zuber another huge question mark.

If NE can find a quality TE and a legit #2 WR in FA then I'll call it a succesful FA season.

Build the defense thru the draft and the opt out returnees.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question marks are Edellman and Harry.
Will Edellman even return? Is so will he be able to cut in order to gain his seperation?
Edelman says that he is totally healthy and expects to return to the Patriots.

That is, of course unless Brady tells the Bucs GM to bring JE11 to Tampa Bay or else.

Harry knows that he'll be playing for his NFL career this year. If he can't break the mold he's cast, he's done. No one will want him except Walmart.