• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alex Smith Tired Of The BS!!!

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Smart man, although, I'm not sure how long Miami will wait. I can't imagine they feel good about them being his backup plan.

The thing is, what choice do they have? He's the (distant) second best QB available right now and they're out of the Manning race. If Manning signs with us and Smith goes back to Miami, are they going to turn him away?

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It only took Alex Smith a few hours to get over his anger at the Niners for pursuing Peyton Manning, apparently.

According to Jason Cole, Smith will not sign with the Dolphins unless the Niners sign Manning. Even if the Dolphins offer more than the Niners, Smith wants to be in California. In other words, he wants to swallow his pride and win.

Now, Smith has to wait like the rest of us for Manning to make up his mind.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some reason I'm not buying his opinion.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's doesn't mean Harbaugh is conservative. It's not like it's either you're spread, or your conservative. Like I said, when Harbaugh was HC Luck was 3rd in attempts in the PAC-10. Luck threw more than Darren Thomas running Chip Kelly's spread offense. Luck also threw more 15+ and 25+ yard passes than anyone else in the conference.

Just admit you were wrong and move on.

i think the offense harbaugh ran limited luck. i also think it robbed luck of winning the heisman. i'm not gonna admit i'm wrong when that's my take on the stanford offense.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It only took Alex Smith a few hours to get over his anger at the Niners for pursuing Peyton Manning, apparently.

According to Jason Cole, Smith will not sign with the Dolphins unless the Niners sign Manning. Even if the Dolphins offer more than the Niners, Smith wants to be in California. In other words, he wants to swallow his pride and win.

Now, Smith has to wait like the rest of us for Manning to make up his mind.

coming 2nd place to manning is nothing to swallow your pride about. the media is milking this way too much

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think the offense harbaugh ran limited luck. i also think it robbed luck of winning the heisman. i'm not gonna admit i'm wrong when that's my take on the stanford offense.

Your take on Stanford's offense was that Harbaugh is conservative. That's wrong, even if it's your opinion. There's a clear difference between running a pro set and being conservative.

Harbaugh's offense limited Luck, now? Harbaugh's offense is one of the prime reasons why Luck is so highly touted.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your take on Stanford's offense was that Harbaugh is conservative. That's wrong, even if it's your opinion. There's a clear difference between running a pro set and being conservative.

Harbaugh's offense limited Luck, now? Harbaugh's offense is one of the prime reasons why Luck is so highly touted.

luck would thrive in almost any system that doesn't require the qb to run the option. but if u had luck, why run the option? he could prolly put up 30 td's playing with air force.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
luck would thrive in almost any system that doesn't require the qb to run the option. but if u had luck, why run the option? he could prolly put up 30 td's playing with air force.

You're holding Harbaugh to college Standards. Harbaugh might be on the conservative side in college because of all the spread offenses, but that doesn't mean he's conservative by NFL standards.

- In Harbaugh's last year Luck was 3rd in the PAC-10 in attempts.
- 1st in 15+ yard passes.
- 1st in 25+ yard passes.
- 1st in yards per attempt.
- 2nd in 15+ yard passes on first down.
- 1st in 15+ yard passes on second down.
- 1st in 15+ yard passes in opponents' RZ.
- 2nd in attempts in opponents' RZ.

And this is all considering the fact that Stanford had games won at halftime (52-17 against Sac St., 35-0 UCLA, 68-24 Wake Forest, 41-0 Washington, 42-17 Arizona, etc.) that Harbaugh pretty much shut Luck down in the 3rd or 4th quarter.

Now get your head out of Alex's ass and admit your wrong.

Southern9er

Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
As opposed to CK's dedication, commitment, and loyalty? No one is denying that Alex is a great guy off the field and in the locker room, but let's not act as if he's the only good guy in the league.

Yes...this ABSOLUTELY...CK has been with the team for less than 12 months as a #2 QB...you can't be serious...comparing the two is impossible for a rational person. And he is one of the very few to stick with a team considering all he's been through, it speaks VERY highly of him...I NEVER said he was the ONLY one...just commented on his loyalty, commitment, and tenacity...again I value that...

Define "good guy"...I don't believe CK is ready to lead this team yet and I think we would be much better off with Smith next year. Smith's contribution to last season now seems completely forgotten, for crying out loud he led the team to the NFC Championship game, now people want to say thanks, but no thanks? Had his moment against the Saints when WE ALL (me included) said prove it and he did it. I am looking to what Smith can become, with finally a good situation; however, I think we are parting with him right at the time when he FINALLY has the opportunity to do something good, to become what people wanted out of him.

If we get Manning out of this I will be ecstatic...sad for Smith, but there can be no hard feelings to be replaced by a future Hall of Famer and one of the greatest QBs ever...I simply value and appreciate Smiths devotion to a team that essentially set him up for failure...but he stuck with it.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes...this ABSOLUTELY...CK has been with the team for less than 12 months as a #2 QB...you can't be serious...comparing the two is impossible for a rational person. And he is one of the very few to stick with a team considering all he's been through, it speaks VERY highly of him...I NEVER said he was the ONLY one...just commented on his loyalty, commitment, and tenacity...again I value that...

Define "good guy"...I don't believe CK is ready to lead this team yet and I think we would be much better off with Smith next year. Smith's contribution to last season now seems completely forgotten, for crying out loud he led the team to the NFC Championship game, now people want to say thanks, but no thanks? Had his moment against the Saints when WE ALL (me included) said prove it and he did it. I am looking to what Smith can become, with finally a good situation; however, I think we are parting with him right at the time when he FINALLY has the opportunity to do something good, to become what people wanted out of him.

If we get Manning out of this I will be ecstatic...sad for Smith, but there can be no hard feelings to be replaced by a future Hall of Famer and one of the greatest QBs ever...I simply value and appreciate Smiths devotion to a team that essentially set him up for failure...but he stuck with it.

You're giving credit for Alex for sticking with this team? He's been one of the biggest disappointments in the NFL the last 7 years. It's not like he had a long line of potential suiters if we didn't bring him back.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben Volin (Palm Beach Post):

I know for a fact that Smith didn't sign the 49ers contract offer because he knew they'd be interested in Manning. Wants to play in 2012

An 8 million dollar backup?

For the first year and then based upon the reports the guaranteed was low so there virtually was no second year. I think you might take that financial risk for the football gain and then have Smith there if the health risk pops up. That would be an ideal situation for the Niners, but Smith is not going to be a backup to Manning and/or a bridge to Kaep without it actually being a decision. It's plausible that Alex comes out gets 25 TDs, 8 INTs, 3500 yards, 94 QBR and is replaced because the guaranteed is so low and Kaep looks good. So open to a possible bridge but not a no-brainer bridge and I can't blame him for trying. He basically said give me a commitment that means something if Manning is not here or I'm gone if Manning is here. He doesn't have the leverage, but you got to believe it is higher than it has ever been besides after draft day.

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
After arriving in Miami early this morning, the 49ers free-agent quarterback is in negotiations with the team, the Denver Post’s Mike Klis reported, citing an NFL source. Per the report, Smith is being offered a multi-year deal worth about $8 million annually.

priceisrightwin.jpg

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're holding Harbaugh to college Standards. Harbaugh might be on the conservative side in college because of all the spread offenses, but that doesn't mean he's conservative by NFL standards.

- In Harbaugh's last year Luck was 3rd in the PAC-10 in attempts.
- 1st in 15+ yard passes.
- 1st in 25+ yard passes.
- 1st in yards per attempt.
- 2nd in 15+ yard passes on first down.
- 1st in 15+ yard passes on second down.
- 1st in 15+ yard passes in opponents' RZ.
- 2nd in attempts in opponents' RZ.

And this is all considering the fact that Stanford had games won at halftime (52-17 against Sac St., 35-0 UCLA, 68-24 Wake Forest, 41-0 Washington, 42-17 Arizona, etc.) that Harbaugh pretty much shut Luck down in the 3rd or 4th quarter.

Now get your head out of Alex's ass and admit your wrong.

what does alex smith have to do with luck not winning a hiesman because of harbaugh's offense?

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what does alex smith have to do with luck not winning a hiesman because of harbaugh's offense?

You're not fucking making any sense. Harbaugh's offense is conservative because Luck didn't win the Heisman? Are you kidding?

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're not fucking making any sense. Harbaugh's offense is conservative because Luck didn't win the Heisman? Are you kidding?

throwing out stats that include all the cupcakes makes no sense either. half of every teams schedule are basically 2nd rate teams.

Southern9er

Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You're giving credit for Alex for sticking with this team? He's been one of the biggest disappointments in the NFL the last 7 years. It's not like he had a long line of potential suiters if we didn't bring him back.

Yes...without question. Perhaps I understand this far more than you. Interesting you skipped over the part about comparing CK and Smith on this issue...what has CK shown in this department?

Smith's also been one of the NFL's biggest improvement stories in the last 7 years. That's what I see and you don't. I recognize what he did this past season, you and others want to make irrational comparisons and forget about the incredible improvement he had in a single season with Harbaugh...imagine what might happen if he stays...

Again I am NOT adverse to PM coming to SF...just don't want to lose out on both.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
throwing out stats that include all the cupcakes makes no sense either. half of every teams schedule are basically 2nd rate teams.

So we're supposed to ignore ALL evidence that contradicts your statement? Luck threw more than anyone else on first down, attempted more 15+ yard passes than anyone else on 1st and 2nd down, and attempted more 15+ yard passes in opponents' RZ than anyone else.

How the hell is that conservative?

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i watched luck against most of the decent teams and the offense wasn't high flying at all. it was much more of a ball control offense than most offenses. especially one with a heisman candidate.

swap landry jones and luck, and luck walks away with 2 heisman trophies

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes...without question. Perhaps I understand this far more than you. Interesting you skipped over the part about comparing CK and Smith on this issue...what has CK shown in this department?

Smith's also been one of the NFL's biggest improvement stories in the last 7 years. That's what I see and you don't. I recognize what he did this past season, you and others want to make irrational comparisons and forget about the incredible improvement he had in a single season with Harbaugh...imagine what might happen if he stays...

Again I am NOT adverse to PM coming to SF...just don't want to lose out on both.

That's ridiculous. Alex is the one that should be grateful to have gotten chance after chance after he was one of the biggest disappointments in 49ers draft history. This franchise does not owe him anything. Yes, he's a great a guy, a nice guy, a good locker room presence, but that doesn't and shouldn't change anything.

I've repeatedly recognized that Alex has improved. But I'm not exaggerating it as much as you are. He was much better this year in limiting turnovers and taking what defenses give him - but he actually averaged LESS yards and TDs per game than he did last year under Singletary. And quite frankly, I don't think it's ridiculous to think that Kap can do the same thing in Harbaugh's simple, fishnet offense designated to limit what Alex did as much as possible.

Last edited by a moderator:

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i watched luck against most of the decent teams and the offense wasn't high flying at all. it was much more of a ball control offense than most offenses. especially one with a heisman candidate.

swap landry jones and luck, and luck walks away with 2 heisman trophies

It was an NFL offense. It wasn't a spread offense. That doesn't make Harbaugh conservative.

Why is this so hard for you to understand?