• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alex Smith Tired Of The BS!!!

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I found this amusing, on MSN.com they titled the link to the FOXSports story of Smith's trip to Miami as "Star QB visiting Dolphins?"

i wouldn't call smith a star qb. but he looked like a star qb beating the saints. most people who follow the team can't shake the past few years

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Smith signs with the Dolphins and Niners fail to land Manning, then sign Hasselback to give CK another year.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What a stupid article. I bet my life any WR on our team is gonna defer to Manning. He has earned that respect across the league.

the more important part is how Harbaugh and Manning will work out? will Manning defer to Harbaugh?

we already know Harbaugh isn't an "air it out" type of coach, can Manning adapt to less passing attempts, or will he eventually voice his opinion?

as long as we're winning, these things don't flare up, but no guarantee we win over 10 games?

btw - did Randy Moss have clashes with Brady?

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my opinion, $8m/season was and is very fair for a QB who isn't the star of the offense. Smith arguably had his best season, but it is pretty much a joke of a year when you set it up next to Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Stafford and Eli.

In this league, with the rules set up to make QBs shine... a QB making 10mil+ should also be throwing around 30 TDs. Yes, I know the WRs weren't very good so I give Smith a break about his high teens TD passes. Just my opinion that a QB should produce the 30 TDs to get paid 10mil per season.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
In my opinion, $8m/season was and is very fair for a QB who isn't the star of the offense. Smith arguably had his best season, but it is pretty much a joke of a year when you set it up next to Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Stafford and Eli.

In this league, with the rules set up to make QBs shine... a QB making 10mil+ should also be throwing around 30 TDs. Yes, I know the WRs weren't very good so I give Smith a break about his high teens TD passes. Just my opinion that a QB should produce the 30 TDs to get paid 10mil per season.

ok, if $8M was reasonable, then we accept the consequences of this QB 'controversy'.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no wr's and vernon had an off year during the season. plus early in the year vernon was blocking more until miller went in there. a normal year from vernon and smith gets 20 tds. still less than the 30 u want, but given the design of the offense, who's gonna get 30?

moss and manningham should give more opportunities for plays to be made in the passing game. assuming moss doesn't dog it.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather have CK just start if we cant get Manning, I think he is ready and he will be better than anyone thinks.

What makes you think hes ready?? He had a whole 5 attempts spread out through the entire season and they haven't practiced in since Jan.

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What makes you think hes ready?? He had a whole 5 attempts spread out through the entire season and they haven't practiced in since Jan.

Just an opinion. I think he has what it takes. I liked him in college and I think he will be good. You can't prove yourself until you play. I personally think he will be good.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith is visiting the Seahawks next.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm sure Baalke/Harbaugh had considered the consequences of jumping into the Peyton "fray"? they must've have looked ahead at all the possibilities which includes signing neither QB? so the possibility of obtaining Manning outweighed the possibility of getting neither.

the 49ers are just doing what they see best for the TEAM, now and next few years. Alex Smith is doing the same and what any of us would do.

i felt somewhere around $10M a season for Alex seemed reasonable? Alex Smith isn't as money focused, he just wants respect after the season he just had. so is $8M/season reasonable, or insulting?

ok, if $8M was reasonable, then we accept the consequences of this QB 'controversy'.

What if it was something like 8 million guaranteed? I don't know, I just think it was either the agent being over-optimistic and Alex being too trustful or it's about the guaranteed money because of its implications of intentions for Kaep. I don't think Alex himself is thinking "8 million, give me some respect!" I think he was either thinking he doesn't want to be a one-year bridge and backup to Kaep or backup to Manning (though at the time of the offer 8 million does seem prohibitive of getting Manning, too). He'll work hard for the on-field competition, he wants the off-field to be harder than easy.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the more important part is how Harbaugh and Manning will work out? will Manning defer to Harbaugh?

we already know Harbaugh isn't an "air it out" type of coach, can Manning adapt to less passing attempts, or will he eventually voice his opinion?

as long as we're winning, these things don't flare up, but no guarantee we win over 10 games?

btw - did Randy Moss have clashes with Brady?

How do we know Harbaugh isn't an air it out type of coach? Was Luck a dink and dunker at Stanford? Plus it's not like the Niners have had WR's that merit going deep alot. They have some now.

Plus I think Manning wants to throw less. Keeps him upright. Play action with Manning is just sick.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is all about the GTD. GTD shows your commitment level. Our offer allowed us to cut him and not take big hits to the cap.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do we know Harbaugh isn't an air it out type of coach? Was Luck a dink and dunker at Stanford? Plus it's not like the Niners have had WR's that merit going deep alot. They have some now.

Plus I think Manning wants to throw less. Keeps him upright. Play action with Manning is just sick.

many say luck's numbers are lower than they should be because of the more conservative gameplan stanford runs.

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the San Francisco 49ers jumping into the race for Peyton Manning's services, free-agent quarterback Alex Smith is making a play of his own.

NFL Rumor Central
ESPN Insider can help you keep up with the latest twists and turns of NFL free agency. Check back often for the latest buzz. Rumor Central

Smith is flying to Miami to visit Sunday with the Dolphins, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

The 49ers have been working to re-sign Smith, the No. 1 overall draft pick in 2005 who made a comeback in 2011 under first-year coach and former NFL QB Jim Harbaugh, and Smith has acknowledged he was happy with their three-year offer

That's fine.

He may be tired of the "BS" but I am tired of the lack of production in the red zone and the team trying to cover up his weaknesses.

Sorry but I have never been a Smith fan. Last year's success was more about the defense and less about Smith and the O. Sure he had a few clutch performances. Still not enough for me to drink the Smith kool aide.