• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: ALDS - M's at Houston

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given our past exp at this level:

1995, Beat Yankees, lose to Cleveland
2000, Beat ChiSox, lose to Yankees
2001, Beat Cleveland, lose to Yankees

Past performances pretty much show that one series is our limit in postseason.

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raleigh strikes out on a called strike three, argues about it. They don't even bother showing the k zone replay and just show some camera view from 40 feet off and then instantly commercial.

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Show it with the k zone you fucking idiots, they keep showing it from stupid ass angles and talking about it.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SHGetSwept.png

10HtownRebs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,298,636.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing but respect Seattle... Really good team you have...

This series is far from over..

Seattle will be electric when the series moves to your house.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given our past exp at this level:

1995, Beat Yankees, lose to Cleveland
2000, Beat ChiSox, lose to Yankees
2001, Beat Cleveland, lose to Yankees

Past performances pretty much show that one series is our limit in postseason.
Because we just get enough talent to get in but not win it all. I posted earlier how even with Griffey, JRod, Randy, Ichiro and Felix we never added to the overall talent pool. We always did just enough. This offseason was no different. This trade deadline was no different. This offseason will be no different. We have our shiny new prize in JRod so no need to add talent. Fans will come and make up bullshit logic and this ownership like the past will smile all the way to the bank. Fun year, but this is as good as it will get is my guess.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because we just get enough talent to get in but not win it all. I posted earlier how even with Griffey, JRod, Randy, Ichiro and Felix we never added to the overall talent pool. We always did just enough. This offseason was no different. This trade deadline was no different. This offseason will be no different. We have our shiny new prize in JRod so no need to add talent. Fans will come and make up bullshit logic and this ownership like the past will smile all the way to the bank. Fun year, but this is as good as it will get is my guess.
This isn't the same ownership as our ghosts of the past so I'll hold judgement until I see it. I understand building from the farm out. They've done that and got some of the core they wanted.

They have added vets, but didn't go big until Castillo. It would be bad to follow-up those efforts with staying around 100m total payroll.

If they don't go bigger this off-season I'll be right next to you banging on them for it. There just won't be an excuse.

Stanton has said they want to go for a championship run, so I'll give them the chance to prove it.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will disagree, the 95 team was better than the Indians or Braves. Griffey being out killed the pitching staff. 97 and 2001 was because of Howie and Chuckie for being irrelevant businessmen over actual sports owners. Connie Mack would’ve been jealous of how those two ran the Mariners from 94-2002.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robbie ray ..needs one more pitch

4 seam fastball..
Slider..
Sinker..

These can look like verry simular pitches.

But knuckle curve..might look a bit like a sinker...from robbie..that would not do the same thing..

Change up..from 4 seamer..

Get guys timing..off..of what he throws

La blanc..LHP..knows...every pitcher
Has to remake.themselves..at times..

Last edited:

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But nothing but props for Alvarez. Jerry has made over the roster but he needs to find more offense where they can’t be afraid to pitch to someone. And maybe find a lefty to go with Munoz for next year.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
H
But nothing but props for Alvarez. Jerry has made over the roster but he needs to find more offense where they can’t be afraid to pitch to someone. And maybe find a lefty to go with Munoz for next year.
Like ...wade la blanc says..ya have to remake yourself sometimes....

While Robbie Is at the top...he needs a mixer..
But yeah...jedi will get hitters..maybe a pitcher.or 2.but they don't need maney.

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I hope that guy leaves the Astros when he has a chance... I would really like to be able to somewhat root for him instead of hating him by association.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly you tip your cap to the guy. He's good. Ray threw a crap pitch to him but Castillo didnt. 98 off the plate is something that shouldnt be hit out.

And for those clamoring to walk him every time, Im sorry but thats dumb. This isnt a Mike Trout situation where you can pitch around him to face a guy like Jared Walsh. Bregman is a good hitter and he showed you why by homering and getting an RBI single off our best reliever. Tucker who is the following hitter is also great. They are a great team and Alvarez is a top 3 hitter right now. There's such a thing as good process poor results and its playing out here.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not gonna tell people how they should feel about this. If you are pissed and want to say same old Mariners, I get the logic and understand.

The reality it this is realistically the opening of the window. Last year they played above their heads, this year they showed they were a good team.

While they are a good team, Houston is a better team. The gap between them is getting closer but it still exists, with arguably the biggest part of the gap including playoff experience. Included in the people lacking playoff experience is Scott Servais.

You could say you wish we got the 6 seed and avoided Houston as long as possible but I never felt that way. They needed to play Houston and get this experience and see what it takes the be a championship level team. This is the team they ultimately have to figure out how to beat and get past. The first year in the playoffs in 21 years, it probably was not realistic to expect them to ride this all the way. Only the Royals I think managed to do something like that. Speaking of the Royals, the year they won it all they played Houston in the Division Series. The Astros were two innings away from winning that series in 4 and completely choked in the 8th inning and lost the series. That was their first year in the playoffs with that core and two years later they won it all. My point is its natural for this stuff to take time.

Regardless I am going to hope like hell they find a way in Game 3 because I have tickets for Game 4 and would love to see them in person. If it doesnt work out, which I cant say I am expecting at this point I am feeling as hopeful and as confident as I have ever felt as a Mariners fan for what's ahead. I really do think this is just the start.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will disagree, the 95 team was better than the Indians or Braves. Griffey being out killed the pitching staff. 97 and 2001 was because of Howie and Chuckie for being irrelevant businessmen over actual sports owners. Connie Mack would’ve been jealous of how those two ran the Mariners from 94-2002.
People think that was a great team because we had some great players on it but as a 'Team' we had a ton of holes. Pen was put together with paperclips and rubber bands, our starting staff was Randy and an overrated Benes and a couple marginal. Lineup was very good with a couple holes. Indians manhandled us that series with Omar single handedly turning every ground ball into an out.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't the same ownership as our ghosts of the past so I'll hold judgement until I see it. I understand building from the farm out. They've done that and got some of the core they wanted.

They have added vets, but didn't go big until Castillo. It would be bad to follow-up those efforts with staying around 100m total payroll.

If they don't go bigger this off-season I'll be right next to you banging on them for it. There just won't be an excuse.

Stanton has said they want to go for a championship run, so I'll give them the chance to prove it.
He has said that for how many years? How does signing good players keep you from rebuilding or retooling or ???. He has shown nothing more than any of the other past owners. This offseason will be the ultimate test. I prefer to say nay until proven wrong. Glad I am the only one with distrust.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the M's are the only playoff team without a win in the division round. All 3 of the other series are 1-1.

#Seausfall

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the M's are the only playoff team without a win in the division round. All 3 of the other series are 1-1.

#Seausfall
I mean they are arguably playing the top team but sure

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Max schrock former of cinncinnati
Now relaesed..
Could work at tacoma..he is from bremerton..

I suppose now a free agent....gota have a back up anyway..
Only 26 at bats at MLB this year

Last edited: