• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: ALDS - M's at Houston

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea i cant fully digest that until the season is over. I am not at all worried about what they spent on Castillo but the other questions are valid and hopefully can get answered.
lol, I wasn't worried. Just saying I'm be curious to see how they address their farm system. They got 100% out of their deal to get Castillo. They still need to replenish their depth now. We saw how quickly you can get to a panic stage when injures happen and there isn't solid depth to call up.

We can all agree that Toro can't be in this roster next year right? We should all also agree on Santana and Wanker as well.

Then you get into the guys that maybe you can keep, but for sure upgrade if you can like Frazier, Moore, etc.

I have real questions about Haniger and France. JP isn't going anywhere but his production is also a concern.

Do you go after trades and free agents? Or bringing up young talent from the farm?

If they aren't going to dramatically expand payroll, you will have to look to the farm. This is why I have any interest at all at that level.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A xel sanchez..ss aqua sox
Cole young....ss Modesto
Frick...ss Arkansas
Cabellero...ss rainers..
Josh hood.....ss.....ACL

I like to trade..for..ji hwon bea..of Pitt
For a 2 b/ss..left...
And twins Arreaz 2b LEFT..
Which would fill up 2b..ss. for now
Except 3b...AA

While 1 base perez..heads
.for AA...
Captain Spence packard
And Alberto Rodrigez(sooloo)
To add to
Dr deloach..

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariners minors does not need much help..
But
Good thing.they will know More
By the draft..pitching is for sure on the list
And some good hitting..
A couple collage pitchers..a couple hs
A couple infield and a couple of
And you are already..down to 8
add a catcher..and down to 9
A relief pitcher..and you are to 10
Drafts are usually good to the 12
To 14th at least..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have not seen any of the HS guys
Or van scooter LHP
We have Seen Stephen reath..RHP
Both will prob be modesto

Only Jacob mcnairy of alabama..did not agree to terms

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Julio wins rookie of the year..
The mariners get an extra draft pick
In the 1st round...sounds good.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An other bull pen guy..mariners could use

Edwin diaz...free agent
I do think if r oDOn is an interest
Of the mariners..then A pitcher could get traded to accommodate.

.same with sandiego..
I don't think he stays in San Francisco.
I think..he is thinking playoffs...
Playoffs..
Who said anything about playoffs....

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but I think if you can
Go
darvish
Rodon..L/L
Musgrove

Snell..and i think San Diego will trade gonzales for snell..cuz he only has
One more year left..before free agent anyway...
And San Diego has an up and c omming
Left hander..so Gonzales fits for them
Either way..

San Diego needs pitchers to have a chance at it...
Seattle gets snell...and j edi offers him
What he would get next year..
Or whatever..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Castillo
Ray
Gilbert
Snell
K erby.
Boyd
Flexxen.???..FLEX IS STILL GOOD I DK WHY ..THEY DONT VALUE HIM HIGHER
DOLLARD..

Only guy left..is
Hancock...RHp

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bleached report..
Has c arlos cartera to phili....ss.i think that is a good one..in free agents

But they also say twins if that is true.
Then maybe Seattle has a chance at
Arraez

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My draft
#1Rich chowlosky hamilton....ss..ill.go with that
#2Jackson baumister..RHP Florida state

#3 Nolan sauza...infield hawaii..HS

#4 Cole foster....auburn
Inf/ of

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was going to pick a pitcher1st.

It would be ..
nobel Meyer ..........jusuit..portland.

Hs.guy
#14 on prospect lives..list.

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game 1 - Gilbert
Game 2 - Castillo
Game 3 - Kirby ( Brash for back up )
Game 4 - Gilbert ( Castillo / Munoz for backup if it is a must win to get to game 5 )
Game 5 - all hands on deck, whatever it takes to win

Servais needs to be real careful what relievers he marches out there to 'give them an inning of work' because that could cost us a ball game and the series. Skip better think twice about marching Sewald out to the bump to close out a tight game. Astros will score off Sewald.

Servais needs to go with the hot hand, Leave a reliver in for more than 1 inning if his stuff looks good and he is keeping the bats quiet and not walking hitters. His reliever decision making in TOR was a shit show.
Well so far I have nailed: Games #1 #2 #3

My only thoughts are in game 3 that if Kirby gets yanked mid inning with runners on base. Skip uses someone besides Brash to get out of the inning then hand the ball to Brash following inning and leave him in for more than 1 single inning if he is holding them scoreless.

I still see Gilbert getting the nod to start game #4 at home ( fingers crossed it gets played )

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My only thoughts are in game 3 that if Kirby gets yanked mid inning with runners on base. Skip uses someone besides Brash to get out of the inning then hand the ball to Brash following inning and leave him in for more than 1 single inning if he is holding them scoreless.

I still see Gilbert getting the nod to start game #4 at home ( fingers crossed it gets played )
No room for Marco Pull-o. I like that. Just a shame that Servais has final say as to who he wants starting.

To be this nervous because of the fact...well, you can understand that.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if you are to get into a 7 game ALCS with the Yankees, Ray still needs to be a starter there. The Blue Jays and Astros just happen to be awful matchups for him. I do think you should fine a way to avoid him the rest of the series sans mop up duty.
I see it kind of the opposite. IMO if they want Ray to pitch at all in the next round they need to get him back on the mound as soon as possible. Not saying I would want him on the mound but A. With what they paid for him he better be demanding to get the ball and not shying away. B. It is essentially guaranteeing failure as it would be way too much time off plus having zero confidence.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All fantasy trade and all..i prob only hope it's this good..but there are other
Detections to go..

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see it kind of the opposite. IMO if they want Ray to pitch at all in the next round they need to get him back on the mound as soon as possible. Not saying I would want him on the mound but A. With what they paid for him he better be demanding to get the ball and not shying away. B. It is essentially guaranteeing failure as it would be way too much time off plus having zero confidence.
It not ray... it's we know his numbers against astros..

He wants the ball..belive me...

Next year will be diff always is..
But this year...they did the best they could

So far..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I say never quit and I mean that ..could they still win the series..verry tough
Not imp
Impossable..need to win 1 in houston..
Best this next one..the shedule..is not nice..for that game 5..

I would deff not like to go back..
And win or lose the series..in Houston's house.. .

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, I wasn't worried. Just saying I'm be curious to see how they address their farm system. They got 100% out of their deal to get Castillo. They still need to replenish their depth now. We saw how quickly you can get to a panic stage when injures happen and there isn't solid depth to call up.

We can all agree that Toro can't be in this roster next year right? We should all also agree on Santana and Wanker as well.

Then you get into the guys that maybe you can keep, but for sure upgrade if you can like Frazier, Moore, etc.

I have real questions about Haniger and France. JP isn't going anywhere but his production is also a concern.

Do you go after trades and free agents? Or bringing up young talent from the farm?

If they aren't going to dramatically expand payroll, you will have to look to the farm. This is why I have any interest at all at that level.
Gotta say... if they get rid of all of the players you are suggesting above, they will absolutely destroy the chemistry of a club that seems to thrive on their chemistry.

Toro is the only one I would for sure agree on.

JP, Winker & Santana all appear to be clubhouse leaders. JP is going to be and should be back for sure. Winker is under contract (reasonably, it appears to me, for what he is at least capable of) and while I wouldn't hate figuring out an upgrade, I'd still like to give him the start of next season to show if he can produce like he did 2018-2021. Santana... an upgrade would be nice; maybe they can convince him to retire and immediately hire him as a coach.

I think Haniger is gone whether we want him or not, but on a team friendly deal, he's obviously got the ability to be an impact bat. It would be silly for them to move-on from France at this stage, IMO.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta say... if they get rid of all of the players you are suggesting above, they will absolutely destroy the chemistry of a club that seems to thrive on their chemistry.

Toro is the only one I would for sure agree on.

JP, Winker & Santana all appear to be clubhouse leaders. JP is going to be and should be back for sure. Winker is under contract (reasonably, it appears to me, for what he is at least capable of) and while I wouldn't hate figuring out an upgrade, I'd still like to give him the start of next season to show if he can produce like he did 2018-2021. Santana... an upgrade would be nice; maybe they can convince him to retire and immediately hire him as a coach.

I think Haniger is gone whether we want him or not, but on a team friendly deal, he's obviously got the ability to be an impact bat. It would be silly for them to move-on from France at this stage, IMO.
The only guys I said have to go are Toro, Santana, and Wanker.

I know chemistry and defense matter. When I speak of upgrades you can't just look at batting average and home runs. It wouldn't be an upgrade to sacrifice those.

That said, if you don't think you could upgrade almost every spot on the team if the situation and price is right you are missing the mark.

I'm not going to be happy with just a return to the late 90's, make a few playoffs now and then and never win the ALCS. I want more. We've waited a long time. Suffered decades of disappointments.

You won't get to a WS without thinking and reaching for bigger guys.

Again, 6 of the 8 left are in the top 9 of payroll. Your odds go way up.

Don't be afraid to leave our comfort zone.