• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: ALDS - M's at Houston

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck you Servais you are the biggest idiot fuck in MLB. Please quit so we don't have to deal with your fucking stupidity. M's bullpen was trash in September. Sewald and Ray both were trash in September. Sewald and Ray were both trash in Toronto. And those are the guys you have in there in the 9th. Pulled Gilbert after throwing 84 god damn pitches knowing the bullpen has been fucking ass. Fuck off Servais and gtfo.

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we are done this post season. NO WAY the Mariners recover from that demoralizing loss.

Ray was up 0-1 in the count and you know Alvarez was sitting dead red fastball.

Options:

1. Throw him a big sweeping slow ass slider and let him wave / whiff and miss it then you are up 0-2 in the count.

2. if you are going to throw a fastball... DO NOT throw a center cut cookie, middle middle to a good fastball hitter.

3. 1st pitch was a fastball and he barely missed it. Raleigh should have known do not follow that up with another fastball.

Ahead the entire game until the final pitch. What a way to lose a game. I just do not see how they bounce back from this.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that is the lets go home signal..
They did it in style...

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck you Servais you are the biggest idiot fuck in MLB. Please quit so we don't have to deal with your fucking stupidity. M's bullpen was trash in September. Sewald and Ray both were trash in September. Sewald and Ray were both trash in Toronto. And those are the guys you have in there in the 9th. Pulled Gilbert after throwing 84 god damn pitches knowing the bullpen has been fucking ass. Fuck off Servais and gtfo.

Agree completely. Both Sewald and Ray struggled up north. And ironically it was them who blew the lead and the game a few days later.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they will need to win 3 strait know

Or lose 2 more....

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team saved these two idiots in Toronto only for Servais put them both back in key roles to blow a game they should have won.

Insane result to an otherwise well played game, what a waste.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much shit are Jerry and Scotty going to drag us through. I pretty much knew when "shit for brains" Servais started playing musical chairs with the relievers that we were going to be fucked....once again. The team hss so jelled together that it's a shame Servais has blown it for them. No way is the morale going to come back after this terrible fucked up loss. DFA Servais and get a competent manager for what's left of this team. GAWD!!!!!!!!

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they would have won this one the odds
Would be good to win this searies...
Now they are not...

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they will need to win 3 strait know

Or lose 2 more....
How profound- how the hell did you figure that out?

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
somebody better apologize to Ray and tell him...

He's just not worth the contract he signed. At all.

AceKeptic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha. The knocked out verlander..
They should have won that game.
Yeah, we knocked out Verlander...and for WHAT?

Way to kill the buzz for today, guys...and quite possibly the WHOLE FUCKING SERIES.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can't squander an opportunity to beat their ace. that's what really gets me. and it's not like it gets a lot better with who we face next, either.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the kind of loss that sinks a team. It's honestly be surprised if they manage 1 win now just to give the fans 2 home games.

Really was a back breaker.

AceKeptic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much shit are Jerry and Scotty going to drag us through. I pretty much knew when "shit for brains" Servais started playing musical chairs with the relievers that we were going to be fucked....once again. The team hss so jelled together that it's a shame Servais has blown it for them. No way is the morale going to come back after this terrible fucked up loss. DFA Servais and get a competent manager for what's left of this team. GAWD!!!!!!!!
And he's up for Manager of the Year honors? I hope they reconsider after this.

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should have threw a fast ball up and in to induce a swing and a miss to end the game. Why throw a slider in the strike zone when you are ahead in the count ?

Throw a pitch he cannot hit and likely swings at. he swung at a fastball up and in whiff earlier in the game.
Referencing to Pena's at bat in the 9th. I think the count was 1-2 when he hit that slider for a base knock to bring up Alvarez.
He ( Pena ) hadn't done jack shit the whole game. he was 0-4 and had not even come close to a base hit prior to that 9th inning at bat.

Sewald grooves him a semi hanging slider right in the heart of the plate and their shortstop laces it up the middle that brings Alvarez to the plate to eventually hit the game winning home run.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I knew they could not go passed.
Alvarez and win
And I knew they were in trounle in the 8th

But i stil thougjt they would win....

See it ain't over till it's over

And they still have a chance to take
One in houston...
And still a chance to win the s earies
Just not as good of one...
And verlander is prob..not happy either
And if it goes 5..he will pitch again
Better to win or lose it before game 5

Last edited:

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't even thinking for injuries. I was more upset with the blocking of. Not sure how that can be legal. Why not just have a fat man lay on the base?

yea I have often wandered in the past what would be the repercussions against a middle infielder who just drops a leg across the front of the entire base once he sees the throw from the catcher is on target.

I honestly do not know if there is anything in the rule book that addresses that. As happened today, it has happened on occasion many many times, just seems to happen that way once every 30-40-50 steal attempts vs a design play to block the bag. I will say, it is quite effective at getting the runner out.

But if you do run it as a play regularly, you better have a bunch of middle infielders in the pipeline because runners will come in with spikes hard to stop the offending team from doing that again.

AceKeptic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the kind of loss that sinks a team. It's honestly be surprised if they manage 1 win now just to give the fans 2 home games.

Really was a back breaker.
Then again, in the long run, this team has ALWAYS been about false hope. String us along, then betray.

You can try to shelve the memes, retire the analogies from sources past, but somehow, they find a way to revive them.

It seems that disillusion is all they know. Just so happens that "Disillusion" is a perfect selection for this team: