• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers' off-season; Cap Space $8,346,186.00

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
How 'bout this:

The Niners draft Eric Reid, and their 2 starters at safety are E. Reed & E. Reid. :)

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How 'bout this:

The Niners draft Eric Reid, and their 2 starters at safety are E. Reed & E. Reid. :)

How about they draft Reid and Rambo. Cut Whitner and groom Rambo for life after Reed.

bigninerfan56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about they draft Reid and Rambo. Cut Whitner and groom Rambo for life after Reed.

Trade Rambo for Phillip Thomas and I'm on board. To be fair, I haven't studied Rambo much at all.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Non-Goldson options for 49ers
March, 12, 2013 9:47AM ET
By Tim Kavanagh | ESPN.com

The San Francisco 49ers made one of the more shocking moves of the offseason on Monday, landing veteran WR Anquan Boldin from the Baltimore Ravens in exchange for a sixth (!) round pick in April's draft. But they've got some more work to do, and that begins with their continued negotiations with pending FA S Dashon Goldson; the two sides have until 4 p.m. EST to get something worked out.

If they don't -- and Goldson chooses another team -- the Niners will now have a substantial need at safety. According to ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter, there's a belief in league circles that the 49ers could target Ed Reed as their replacement for Goldson if the latter gets away.

There are a slew of other options available, of course, so if it's not Reed or Goldson, the Niners could consider Glover Quin, Louis Delmas, LaRon Landry or one of the others. The excitement figures to continue in the near future for the defending NFC champs.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JLC also mentioned Landry as a possibility for us. I would despise that. He is a SS and has always been terrible in coverage IMO even in his college days.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Four suitors for Ricky Jean Francois?
March, 12, 2013 12:57PM ET
By Tim Kavanagh | ESPN.com

While the San Francisco 49ers have put out the welcome mat for Anquan Boldin this week, they'll be bidding some other players adieu in the coming days. The trade sending Alex Smith to the Kansas City Chiefs will become official as of 4 p.m. EST Tuesday, and impending free agents Dashon Goldson, Delanie Walker and Ricky Jean Francois (amongst others) will be left to roam the free agent market if they don't have a new deal with the Niners by then.

In the case of Jean Francois, a versatile D-lineman who can slot in as either a 3-4 DE or a DT in a 4-3 alignment, it appears he's going to be patient in making his decision. Ian Rapoport of NFL.com reports that RJF will be making visits to interested teams, which at this time includes the Eagles, Colts, Saints and Titans. It's unclear what his salary demands are, but if interest really runs at least four teams deep, he should get some decent offers in the coming days.

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Just bring back Goldson!!!!

or else, drafting one becomes a top need.

I don't think it's that easy. What if he's set on being the highest paid safety? Two years ago, the Chargers signed Weddle to a 5 year, $40 million dollar deal. I can't remember the guaranteed amount off the top of my head. Goldson was said to be looking for that type of money last year. Would you match or exceed that for him? It's awfully steep with other deals already on the team and key players due for extensions in the future.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't think it's that easy. What if he's set on being the highest paid safety? Two years ago, the Chargers signed Weddle to a 5 year, $40 million dollar deal. I can't remember the guaranteed amount off the top of my head. Goldson was said to be looking for that type of money last year. Would you match or exceed that for him? It's awfully steep with other deals already on the team and key players due for extensions in the future.

yep, next off season free agency (our own players) will be tougher. Baalke has to keep next season in mind too.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is currently 14 players under contract for the 2015 season and 6 under contract for 2016. We don't have loads of long term money locked up so I don't see how re-signing guys will be a problem. Willis' huge cap hit is behind us. Justin is coming off the books. TB and Mrat have this handled.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There is currently 14 players under contract for the 2015 season and 6 under contract for 2016. We don't have loads of long term money locked up so I don't see how re-signing guys will be a problem. Willis' huge cap hit is behind us. Justin is coming off the books. TB and Mrat have this handled.

extend Kaepernick

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
extend Kaepernick

Now see this only deepens my intrigue of your knowledge - on the one hand you want to draft Kap's replacement, but here you now want to extend Kaepernick's contract - Shouldn't we wait to see if we draft his replacement first?

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i can't help but feel the next FS would be a downgrade from Goldson unless its a real talent....

*sigh*

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is today the day that the Alex Smith trade becomes official? Or is it March 18th?