• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 Offseason... FA, Draft, Staff, Camps, Etc

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep it is official with the signing of Kwiatkoski.

Sorry every time I see that last name I only think of the god awful d-man the Penguins had for a little while (IE..he only played one game for them).
Miller just couldn’t get healthy. But You know what this likely means… Another season of Gunner Olszewski. Or maybe the hype over that unknown Dez Fitzpatrick is real. Would love to see someone like Hakeem Butler stick around, but they have a lot of big bodied dudes with speed. Guess they weren’t shy about using Claypool in the slot so that gives me some hope.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean at least lie to us and say put points on the board… that could at least be interpreted as ST points only lol
Well his last name is Canada. He might think they can score a single on a punt.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well his last name is Canada. He might think they can score a single on a punt.
FF to 1hr 38min 25sec mark.

Listening to Canada... he clearly isn't going to change much with this offense. He is going to force feed the run game, once again. Sure glad they revamped the OL. MAYBE, just maybe he will be less predictable. But I doubt it.

And LOL at them callin out Canada for sounding like a College or High School coach when talking about development. And saying everything we've been thinking for years since he took over. Matt Canada is not suited for the professional level with his scheme & approach to developing an offense. As they said, it's a win now league. How many coordinators are afforded 3-4 years to build a competent scheme?

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I mean they probably will have a few on the practice squad if either gets hurt, so I see no issue with it.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I mean they probably will have a few on the practice squad if either gets hurt, so I see no issue with it.
Well, I think they still view Connor Heyward as a HB in the event they need someone. Reports at camp have seen him taking snaps with both the TE's & RB's. Could honestly be the new FB now that Derek Watt is out of the picture (for now). Not sure what to think yet of the Pottebaum dude in that role.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I think they still view Connor Heyward as a HB in the event they need someone. Reports at camp have seen him taking snaps with both the TE's & RB's. Could honestly be the new FB now that Derek Watt is out of the picture (for now). Not sure what to think yet of the Pottebaum dude in that role.
Like you, I see Heyward more in the backfield than lining up at TE. Pottebaum looks like a true FB and what makes me sick is I have a feeling, if he makes the team, every time he lines up in the backfield it will be an obvious handoff to the HB. Thanks, Matt Canada!

Truly think they are in a good spot and really hope they don't bring back Snell or Watt. Neither can add any value moving forward and just take a roster spot away.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like you, I see Heyward more in the backfield than lining up at TE. Pottebaum looks like a true FB and what makes me sick is I have a feeling, if he makes the team, every time he lines up in the backfield it will be an obvious handoff to the HB. Thanks, Matt Canada!

Truly think they are in a good spot and really hope they don't bring back Snell or Watt. Neither can add any value moving forward and just take a roster spot away.
Very true on the FB position. It's too obvious whenever they deploy a FB, and they rarely ever use them effectively anyway. Hopefully now that they have an OL that should be able to create some room they may be able to use the FB more.

Only value D Watt had was on ST.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone see that pickens had the lowest expected catch rate in the league last year.?

Anyone worried we arent hearing more hype on him?

Anyone use any steeler specific apps?

Thanks

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone see that pickens had the lowest expected catch rate in the league last year.?

Anyone worried we arent hearing more hype on him?

Anyone use any steeler specific apps?

Thanks
2 things that come to mind when I think of Pickens' lowest expected catch rate... 1) His offense (scheme, usage & a rookie QB) did him no favors and 2) this says a lot about his route running ineptitude. If a defender has a WR blanketed then the expected catch rate takes a massive hit. In short, Pickens was rarely creating separation.

I'm hearing & seeing plenty of hype. Recent reports talk about his preparation towards this year being a lot different. Allen Robinson & Kenny Pickett both talked about him in recent interviews. Even Pickens himself talked at length in recent interviews about what he's doing to be better prepared this season. Pickens has been 'in the lab' working hard on the little things with his route running.

If Pickens can become a modest route runner then the only thing holding him back from being a top 10 WR is his offensive coordinator (and the possibility of his QB regressing).

Not really using steelers apps. Just the team app to watch interviews. I have an iPad that I'm constantly surfing on though for Steelers news (BTSC/sbnation, SteelersDepot, SteelerNation, StillCurtain/fansided, twitter & reddit are my main sources).

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 things that come to mind when I think of Pickens' lowest expected catch rate... 1) His offense (scheme, usage & a rookie QB) did him no favors and 2) this says a lot about his route running ineptitude. If a defender has a WR blanketed then the expected catch rate takes a massive hit. In short, Pickens was rarely creating separation.

I'm hearing & seeing plenty of hype. Recent reports talk about his preparation towards this year being a lot different. Allen Robinson & Kenny Pickett both talked about him in recent interviews. Even Pickens himself talked at length in recent interviews about what he's doing to be better prepared this season. Pickens has been 'in the lab' working hard on the little things with his route running.

If Pickens can become a modest route runner then the only thing holding him back from being a top 10 WR is his offensive coordinator (and the possibility of his QB regressing).

Not really using steelers apps. Just the team app to watch interviews. I have an iPad that I'm constantly surfing on though for Steelers news (BTSC/sbnation, SteelersDepot, SteelerNation, StillCurtain/fansided, twitter & reddit are my main sources).
Oh good then. Maybe im just slow on the hype. But im still all in on pickens being elite. Hopefully his routes clean up, he wasnt that awful in college.

Where do you frequent on reddit?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh good then. Maybe im just slow on the hype. But im still all in on pickens being elite. Hopefully his routes clean up, he wasnt that awful in college.

Where do you frequent on reddit?
Just the main r/Steelers & r/NFL stuff. The Steelers reddit is very active and honestly do a fantastic job mining material. The r/NFL is sort of a cesspool but sometimes you come across some interesting stuff.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just the main r/Steelers & r/NFL stuff. The Steelers reddit is very active and honestly do a fantastic job mining material. The r/NFL is sort of a cesspool but sometimes you come across some interesting stuff.
Ill check it out, im becoming a reddit fan.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what's up, pups

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats shaking bacon?
Just counting down the days until Latrobe, my man. Although, having the Reds not suck while I await football is kinda nice, at least so far, lol

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just counting down the days until Latrobe, my man. Although, having the Reds not suck while I await football is kinda nice, at least so far, lol
Counting down until the kenny pickett hype train begins