• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Offseason... FA, Draft, Staff, Camps, Etc

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The excitement of the upcoming season is upon us.......:drink:

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it is official Wilson is the starting QB. Honestly never doubted that.

Also

Signed to practice squad:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson announced the starter, as if this wasn't already predetermined back in April.

Meanwhile nobody really talkin about...

• Seumalo leaves practice today with pec injury & is undergoing tests... FML
  • Broderick Jones is struggling so bad he doesn't even know his position.
  • WR depth is still a major concern.
  • No extensions for either Cam nor 'Muth.
This is shaping up nicely

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers OL is suddenly perilously thin...

Seumalo IOL - guessing he winds up on PUP
Herbig IOL - IR
Cook OT - IR

That leaves:
IOL - Daniels, Frazier, McCormick, Anderson, McCollum
OT - Jones, Moore & Fautanu (not 100% yet)

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson announced the starter, as if this wasn't already predetermined back in April.

A big problem here is Troy's injury keeping him out and keeping the Steelers from executing their plan to put Broderick in at LT.

Brod can play RT better than Moore, but Moore just can't play RT at all. Both should be considered LT only, and best 5 means that Brod has to suffer until Troy gets back.

That said we all saw how Broderick played in-season last year. I'm not worried about him busting right now. whatever position he gets to play.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A big problem here is Troy's injury keeping him out and keeping the Steelers from executing their plan to put Broderick in at LT.

Brod can play RT better than Moore, but Moore just can't play RT at all. Both should be considered LT only, and best 5 means that Brod has to suffer until Troy gets back.

That said we all saw how Broderick played in-season last year. I'm not worried about him busting right now. whatever position he gets to play.
This is their major issue, having to use your best LT at RT.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah waiting to announce Wilson as the starter was odd, we all knew that was the outcome.

Glad Seumalo isn't season long, as for Jones I really wish he would have just stayed at LT but losing Fautanu all training camp killed that. Worried now Fautanu will struggle since he didn't have playing time.

No clue why Watkins was cut since they have no WR depth. My only assumption is they think Wilson will compete right away or were waiting for a cast off come cut day from other teams?

Lack of extensions does not bode well for their morale but hopefully it will push them to have great seasons. Unfortunately, that might price them out of Pittsburgh.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So this saga gets even uglier, honestly at this point the best to do from the Steelers is this
Scared Homer Simpson GIF by reactionseditor

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah waiting to announce Wilson as the starter was odd, we all knew that was the outcome.

Glad Seumalo isn't season long, as for Jones I really wish he would have just stayed at LT but losing Fautanu all training camp killed that. Worried now Fautanu will struggle since he didn't have playing time.

No clue why Watkins was cut since they have no WR depth. My only assumption is they think Wilson will compete right away or were waiting for a cast off come cut day from other teams?

Lack of extensions does not bode well for their morale but hopefully it will push them to have great seasons. Unfortunately, that might price them out of Pittsburgh.
Bothers the f*ck out of me how badly managed the offense has become over the last 5+ years... And this was supposed to be the offseason they flipped that script. But as time wears on it becomes more apparent that its just the same old story. Really hope they find someone this week to fill the void at WR. Thought they would have taken a stab at Noah Brown. They might be putting all their eggs in the Aiyuk basket, which will cause them to overpay.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bothers the f*ck out of me how badly managed the offense has become over the last 5+ years... And this was supposed to be the offseason they flipped that script. But as time wears on it becomes more apparent that its just the same old story. Really hope they find someone this week to fill the void at WR. Thought they would have taken a stab at Noah Brown. They might be putting all their eggs in the Aiyuk basket, which will cause them to overpay.

I called suicide hotline……they put me on hold

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pickens is going to be double and triple teamed almost every pass play, as they haven't proved any other option was a threat to a defense. This is going to be way more of the same old crap different year.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So this saga gets even uglier, honestly at this point the best to do from the Steelers is this
Scared Homer Simpson GIF by reactionseditor
Aiyuk has made this as ugly as he can... Their FO has to be completely tired of him. But their SB window is still open. Trading him doesn't really help their case. It's a stalemate. Lynch appears content to force the kid to make the decision. Steelers aren't budging on their offer. If Aiyuk wanted the Steelers then the deal would be done. My guess is he continues the holdout into the season.

Can't for the life of me agree with the Steelers putting all their eggs in this basket. They are ignoring the 2nd wave of FA and passing on viable talent for the sake of catching this high profile fish, that appears to be a pipe dream.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel for this man... Deserves nothing but the best. True professional in all approaches to the game.

Steelers obviously not doing anything with their money until they figure out this Aiyuk situation. Putting guys like Cam on hold.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So whats the holdup with the Practice Squad?

All the other 31 teams have basically filled their PS, while the Steelers are chillin over here with just 2 dudes?

WTF am I missing here? Is the FO on vacation?