• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golden State would be really stupid to hand over likely Wiggins, Poole, Wiseman and picks for Durant.
It's not so much stupid as too short sighted. It makes you the favorite to win the next 2 championships but favorites don't always cash. Meanwhile you have basically said screw the future.

I will enjoy rooting for the TOP 5 ALLTIMERS part II if it happens but I hope it doesn't. I like the idea of competing and also working on a bridge to the future, trying to be the Spurs.

But the big 3 are getting older and maybe they don't want to worry about the future they want 6 rings.

Either way the Warriors are in a pretty great spot.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not so much stupid as too short sighted. It makes you the favorite to win the next 2 championships but favorites don't always cash. Meanwhile you have basically said screw the future.

I will enjoy rooting for the TOP 5 ALLTIMERS part II if it happens but I hope it doesn't. I like the idea of competing and also working on a bridge to the future, trying to be the Spurs.

But the big 3 are getting older and maybe they don't want to worry about the future they want 6 rings.

It would be selling yourself to the Devil but they have done it before, so why not again???!!

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be selling yourself to the Devil but they have done it before, so why not again???!!
The thing is, that first go around they didn't sell anything, they signed him as an FA. And we got to see one of the 5 greatest teams ever assembled. You're a good poster so I know you're not one of those bitches who had a problem with a team trying to get as good as possible.

This time they really would be selling the future for the present. I hope they don't, but if they do it will be fun to see the band back together.

FinEndNow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Unless you have other dudes ready to fill in as free agents, that's an insane amount to give up for someone you don't even know will stay healthy or not. Wiggins is only 27. Looney is 26. Poole is 23. Kuminga is 19. Wiseman is 21. Lot of youth. But I guess if you're the Warriors and you don't feel that's absolutely good enough to keep winning over the next 4 years... Sell half the team I guess.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless you have other dudes ready to fill in as free agents, that's an insane amount to give up for someone you don't even know will stay healthy or not. Wiggins is only 27. Looney is 26. Poole is 23. Kuminga is 19. Wiseman is 21. Lot of youth. But I guess if you're the Warriors and you don't feel that's absolutely good enough to keep winning over the next 4 years... Sell half the team I guess.

Meh.

None of the kids have done anything yet

You have only so many years of peak steph

Maximize this and try to develop those later picks as useful bench pieces

Plus, what ring chasers wouldn’t want to go there?

Get it done now and you can get Beverly when the jazz supposedly buy him out.

Just one example

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol

''Do we want to trade away our youngsters, a couple of whom stepped up to the point that we probably don't win the title without them, for a top 5 player in the game that we already won 2 titles with?''

Or

''Do we keep them and still have a great shot at more titles since the kids are likely to be better and we should get something closer to the real Klay next year?''

Sucks to be the Warriors.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

''Do we want to trade away our youngsters, a couple of whom stepped up to the point that we probably don't win the title without them, for a top 5 player in the game that we already won 2 titles with?''

Or

''Do we keep them and still have a great shot at more titles since the kids are likely to be better and we should get something closer to the real Klay next year?''

I mean, it’s Kevin Durant.

To me in the nba you take the top talent and figure out Bench depth later

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some fail in this post to correct:

1. Looney is definitely not getting traded
2. Wiggins definitely is because of the contract and he plays the same position as KD
3. After that it's how much do the Ws have to give up. Poole is a maybe, I'd say Kuminga for sure and one of Moody or Wiseman. And a couple picks. Trading Wiggins, Kuminga, and Wiseman and picks for KD is the kind of thing it would be, with a 3rd team needed.
4. This Ws team is obviously 'good enough' to win, if they stand pat they should be one of the 5-6 contenders next year like they were this year. There was no massive favorite, the Ws got some breaks and won it. The next 2 years they are one of the 5 or 6 again. And then you see if those young guys can turn into another 5 year+ run. That's the way I want it to go
5. However, making this trade does put you back as the #1 obvious favorite for the next 2 years. They won't be as good as 2017 because they are all older (and have had injuries). But that team is the faves again.

So is it worth it to give up competing and growing to compete in the future, to be favored to win 1-2 more rings right now? I say no, but the aging big 3 might be the ones who get to decide.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some fail in this post to correct:

1. Looney is definitely not getting traded
2. Wiggins definitely is because of the contract and he plays the same position as KD
3. After that it's how much do the Ws have to give up. Poole is a maybe, I'd say Kuminga for sure and one of Moody or Wiseman. And a couple picks. Trading Wiggins, Kuminga, and Wiseman and picks for KD is the kind of thing it would be, with a 3rd team needed.
4. This Ws team is obviously 'good enough' to win, if they stand pat they should be one of the 5-6 contenders next year like they were this year. There was no massive favorite, the Ws got some breaks and won it. The next 2 years they are one of the 5 or 6 again. And then you see if those young guys can turn into another 5 year+ run. That's the way I want it to go
5. However, making this trade does put you back as the #1 obvious favorite for the next 2 years. They won't be as good as 2017 because they are all older (and have had injuries). But that team is the faves again.

So is it worth it to give up competing and growing to compete in the future, to be favored to win 1-2 more rings right now? I say no, but the aging big 3 might be the ones who get to decide.

Ideally they’d want to maximize their window.

But who knows

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

Or

I know right - GIF on Imgur

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ideally they’d want to maximize their window.

But who knows
That's what I want too. This is where the team and fans might not want the same thing as the players (big 3). The team I expect wants to keep it going. But the aging core might be wanting 2 more rings and telling the brass do this. And we know players run the league.

But in the end I think it's pretty unlikely. But I love the drama!

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, it’s Kevin Durant.

To me in the nba you take the top talent and figure out Bench depth later
Normally yes but this is more present vs future. It's a pretty interesting dilemma.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Normally yes but this is more present vs future. It's a pretty interesting dilemma.

It’s a nice problem to have and you’re allegedly keeping moody and Baldwin so you do get to kinda split the difference.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's one meaningless summer league game and Paolo Banchero hasn't even played yet, but Orlando passing over Chet giving me whiffs of the Dolphins passing over Justin Herbert for Tua

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s a nice problem to have and you’re allegedly keeping moody and Baldwin so you do get to kinda split the difference.
Yeah they'd have some future left (Poole, Moody) but not nearly a lock to be good anymore.

Like I said, interesting choices

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 26,644.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is from Lake Show Life...so make sure you have a few grains of salt handy.

According to Jason Reed, because the Nets just signed TJ Warren and Edmond Sumner, it may be that they are preparing for trades and suggests that a trade for Kyrie could be ''around the corner''. He says that if the Lakers include Kendrick Nunn and THT, they may be able to get both Curry and Harris.

I guess I could see his point re: Kyrie...not sure why the Nets would want THT and Nunn other than they'd be trading about $27 million in salary for about $15 million in salary...not sure if that works within the cap anyway if they did want them.

Irving, Curry, and Harris? I hate you so very much

Fucking asshole.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah they'd have some future left (Poole, Moody) but not nearly a lock to be good anymore.

Like I said, interesting choices

Maybe enough to add another key contributor to the current title team….

Ok I’ll stop now lol

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

itll be interesting to see what Golden State does going forward anyway.

Wiggins is a UFA after this upcoming year.

Poole is due a huge raise

they just resigned Looney- which was insanely costly even with his modest deal

Wiseman is due a substantial raise- they have to pick up a 14 million dollar option on him by the end of October or he becomes a UFA after the year.

Wiseman's 14 million will likely cost about 60 million in actual incremental dollars (if he assume he is the last man on the cap).

Poole or Wiggins will be gone by no matter what after this year.

I bet if Wiseman had not been such a bust thus far and they felt they could rely on him, they would have been willing to let Looney go. I don't necessarily think it is an either/or situation- but its going to go from crazy expensive- to holy shit this is over double what anyone else has ever spent in history.