• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 26,339.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers had some youngsters ball out in summer league last year or the year before.....and everybody said, "It's summer league, LOL."

Chet balls out and he's some great player.....too funny.
Lakers' players were UDFAs trying to catch the end of the roster. Chet is a top of the draft player. HUGE difference. But still, better to be dominant as expected.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers' players were UDFAs trying to catch the end of the roster. Chet is a top of the draft player. HUGE difference. But still, better to be dominant as expected.
Exactly. Check the box, he looks good out of the gate.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,339.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Season 3 Whatever GIF by The Office

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodgers currently have a closer problem. Hopefully they figure something out.
Hudson going down really hurt- he was a nails setup guy that took the pressure off. Him, Treinen and Kahnle going down hurts.

Graterol has talent but hes not ready yet. Evan Phillips is actually pretty good- he is fine as the 8th inning guy in place of Hudson I think.

I dont think that Phillips, Graterol and Kimbrell is a good back end up the bullpen though.

nothing is more demoralizing then having a great team with a shitty pen.

considering the Dodgers have good SP- but no one that goes really deep- and the past injury concerns for a lot of guys- I bet they make getting a good back end guy a priority

they have a very very good farm system to trade from though. Getting Bednar from the Pirates would be expensive as shit prospect wise- but he might be worth it. Someone like Bard from the Rockies- who has been very good wouldnt cost nearly as much- but he would just be a short term solution.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love it. Now I know how Yankees fans felt in the late 90s.
I can definitively tell you- that the Lakers are not even playing in the same ball park salary wise anymore.

They are gnashing their teeth over the possiblity of taking Joe Harris- who makes 18 million a year for 2 years over Curry's 8 million expiring. They let Caruso go, etc.

the Lakers are not in the same financial ball park as the Clippers or Warriors anymore- they simply wont spend at the Clippers level- let alone the Warriors level.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,339.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hudson going down really hurt- he was a nails setup guy that took the pressure off. Him, Treinen and Kahnle going down hurts.

Graterol has talent but hes not ready yet. Evan Phillips is actually pretty good- he is fine as the 8th inning guy in place of Hudson I think.

I dont think that Phillips, Graterol and Kimbrell is a good back end up the bullpen though.

nothing is more demoralizing then having a great team with a shitty pen.

considering the Dodgers have good SP- but no one that goes really deep- and the past injury concerns for a lot of guys- I bet they make getting a good back end guy a priority

they have a very very good farm system to trade from though. Getting Bednar from the Pirates would be expensive as shit prospect wise- but he might be worth it. Someone like Bard from the Rockies- who has been very good wouldnt cost nearly as much- but he would just be a short term solution.
Trade a couple players for Clase.

Fuck you.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can definitively tell you- that the Lakers are not even playing in the same ball park salary wise anymore.

They are gnashing their teeth over the possiblity of taking Joe Harris- who makes 18 million a year for 2 years over Curry's 8 million expiring. They let Caruso go, etc.

the Lakers are not in the same financial ball park as the Clippers or Warriors anymore- they simply wont spend at the Clippers level- let alone the Warriors level.
It's difficult to tell what they're gnashing their teeth over, as the reports alternate with either details or that not much has been discussed yet.