• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scrolling twitter and found this tweet. Exactly the point i been making with chet

Yeah.

His lack of strength is an issue he will have to address.

But people said the same thing about Kevin Durant.

Obviously Holmgren has a lot to prove and hasn’t done anything yet.

He doesn’t look like a 5 to me aside from small ball lineups. So don’t ask him to guard guys like Embiid.

Problem solved.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah.

He doesn’t look like a 5 to me aside from small ball lineups. So don’t ask him to guard guys like Embiid.

Problem solved.

KD couldn't bench 185 pounds. I mean... that's wild for someone 6 foot 10. Had he done the drill I doubt Chet could either. Chet did what we've seen him do before and that is dominate lesser players. I've never doubted his talent he just has to have that same fire when he faces much more talented opponents than he faced last night. And sure the ability to lift weights isn't the best barometer in the league for that anymore.... but he has to show that toughness night in and out.

He has a very exciting toolbox so long as he brings it

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah.

Problem solved.

Yep he isn't a 5 at all and will not be asked the real centers in the league

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the Raps are making Barnes available in a trade for KD.
Only way they are getting KD. I know it’s KD but if true, they are going to regret this imo

I would actually like the Cavs to get involved in this deal. I would take Trent and a pick then ship Sexton to BKN

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
def. better than anyone they had last year....but def. doesnt move the needle.

Kyrie moves the needle.

Plus- I think Kyrie is due a slice of humble pie. Just going back to ride LeBron's jock after purposefully getting away from him is a huge blow to his ego. I think he would be in the right mindset- he is in a contract and would be motivated and on his best behavior.

LeBron/Kyrie/Davis can win a championship if they are healthy and on the same page and Durant doesnt end up on the Suns or Warriors.

now- obviously a big "if"- Davis, LeBron and Kyrie all healthy and on the same page.....chances all 3 are healthy and sane seem long- but its by far the best shot they got- and its a real shot- not pie in the sky.

anything less than Kyrie- and I dont think a LeBron/Davis tandem with the supporting roster they have can come close to getting it done.

Obviously it pales in comparison to Kyrie, but as a vet min signing? Fantastic. Unfortunately, if the Kyrie trade comes through and he and Lebron get extensions before next season, Bryant is probably just this year's version of Monk. Rebuilds his value and moves on for more money than the Lakers can offer next season.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,957.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously it pales in comparison to Kyrie, but as a vet min signing? Fantastic. Unfortunately, if the Kyrie trade comes through and he and Lebron get extensions before next season, Bryant is probably just this year's version of Monk. Rebuilds his value and moves on for more money than the Lakers can offer next season.
The key thing is we're getting younger and more athletic.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scrolling twitter and found this tweet. Exactly the point i been making with chet

It is a bit silly, especially since Jokic isn't exactly a lock-down defender himself. The broader sense of the physicality of the NBA could prove a tough adjustment though, but that's to be expected for a green, toothpick kid. It took Ingram a while too.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny, but O'Neal is a camp invite. Kinda stretching that definition of "under contract", lol.

I always feel weird about referring to Thomas as Bryant, end up using his whole name usually. I'm just happy our home-town kid is back with the Lakers.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The key thing is we're getting younger and more athletic.

By a wide margin. Average age last year was 30. This year's roster so far averages 25.7 thus far. Only two guys over 30, and one could be on his way out (albeit for a 30 year old).

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the Raps are making Barnes available in a trade for KD.
If Barnes was offered up the deal would already be done

Id be shocked if Masai trades him

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Barnes was offered up the deal would already be done

Id be shocked if Masai trades him
Deal's not happening without Barnes... (maybe not even then depending on if another team is willing to get wild)

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deal's not happening without Barnes... (maybe not even then depending on if another team is willing to get wild)
It's gotta be Siakam or Barnes. If they can't get Barnes, I'm sure Siakam is still a somewhat attractive piece but his contract is the difference. Barnes is the much more valuable piece. They are more of a contender if they keep Siakam now and adding KD but the future is brighter keeping Barnes. Tough decisions giving up a young player for a 34 year old that is somewhat injury prone.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol

Summer league reactions crack me up. The same people saying ''it's just summer league'' over how well he played would be calling him a bust if he struggled.

Performing well in the summer league doesn't really mean a whole lot, but if it's a top pick like Holmgren, you'd rather see him play well than struggle.