• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Rosterbation

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With both Belt and Panik, their trade value is down at all time lows. I do expect Belt to bounce back but Panik's hitting has been trending south for a couple seasons now.
Basically, ever since he broke his back.

Who would have thought a broken back would affect a guys playing career?

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basically, ever since he broke his back.

Who would have thought a broken back would affect a guys playing career?
Hmm.

I need to think about that for a bit.

Nothing coming to mind.

Was it @filosofy29 ? No.

Maybe @Stokes1931 ? No, it had nothing to do, at least directly, to RISP.

I think @Mays-Fan called it. Yeah, that's who it was!

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm.

I need to think about that for a bit.

Nothing coming to mind.

Was it @filosofy29 ? No.

Maybe @Stokes1931 ? No, it had nothing to do, at least directly, to RISP.

I think @Mays-Fan called it. Yeah, that's who it was!

tumblr_n8d9a2igc31qcz74to1_250.gif

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They just mentioned on KNBR that Pence has said he wants to come back next year on a vet min contract.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They just mentioned on KNBR that Pence has said he wants to come back next year on a vet min contract.
The part that frustrates me is not so much that he wants to come back but that the Giants will probably do it, despite the fact that they've got 4 good (mostly) young outfield prospects that could put up the same production that Pence had this year but with more upside. And that they will probably bring in an outfielder through free agency, overpaying for past production.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The part that frustrates me is not so much that he wants to come back but that the Giants will probably do it, despite the fact that they've got 4 good (mostly) young outfield prospects that could put up the same production that Pence had this year but with more upside. And that they will probably bring in an outfielder through free agency, overpaying for past production.
We had a window, we rocked it, it was glorious. But it's over now. There will be another. Not soon.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Step away from the crack. Just say "no". Go cold turkey. No more of the same old approach. Would love to see Pence coach somewhere, but signing him gets us no younger.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Step away from the crack. Just say "no". Go cold turkey. No more of the same old approach. Would love to see Pence coach somewhere, but signing him gets us no younger.
But he could mentor all those 31 year old "youngsters".

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude is a 35 year old hipster with a playboy wife living in San Fran scootering all over the city. No way in hell is he gunna move to Augusta and ride buses for 4 months a year.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple of tidbits from MLB Trade Rumors:

Derek Holland, who would "love" to stay with SF, has also been quoted that he would "love" to return to Texas. That sound you hear is tzill's Depends' offseason stockpile getting a bit smaller.

Also this about Belt:
"Brandon Belt, Giants: No player in the division seems in more desperate need of a scenery change than Belt, who is routinely harangued by his fanbase for a supposed lack of power, propensity for the fluke injury, and a perceived failure in the ’clutch.’ Belt, 30, has done little but produce when on the field, though, pairing elite first-base defense (his 13 DRS – in just 112 games – was tied for the league lead among 1B this season) with sky-high walk rates and steady gap power (limited, perhaps, by the cavernous right-field at AT&T Park) to cement himself as above-average regular (12.2 fWAR in limited time since the beginning of ’15 ) at the position. His contract – he’s owed $48MM through the end of the 2021 season – and recent injury history (a meniscus issue that precipitated a second-half decline) may give some teams pause, but the retooling Giants should net a significant return if they’re willing to eat a little cash."

Not sure about the significant return but perhaps it is time for him to move on. Imagine his numbers if he stayed healthy and played in a hitter's ballpark. Of course, that will create a hit on the Giants' lineup, as they would be hard pressed to fill the combination of offensive and defensive production at 1st base. I'd rather keep him for at least another year.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple of tidbits from MLB Trade Rumors:

Derek Holland, who would "love" to stay with SF, has also been quoted that he would "love" to return to Texas. That sound you hear is tzill's Depends' offseason stockpile getting a bit smaller.

Also this about Belt:
"Brandon Belt, Giants: No player in the division seems in more desperate need of a scenery change than Belt, who is routinely harangued by his fanbase for a supposed lack of power, propensity for the fluke injury, and a perceived failure in the ’clutch.’ Belt, 30, has done little but produce when on the field, though, pairing elite first-base defense (his 13 DRS – in just 112 games – was tied for the league lead among 1B this season) with sky-high walk rates and steady gap power (limited, perhaps, by the cavernous right-field at AT&T Park) to cement himself as above-average regular (12.2 fWAR in limited time since the beginning of ’15 ) at the position. His contract – he’s owed $48MM through the end of the 2021 season – and recent injury history (a meniscus issue that precipitated a second-half decline) may give some teams pause, but the retooling Giants should net a significant return if they’re willing to eat a little cash."

Not sure about the significant return but perhaps it is time for him to move on. Imagine his numbers if he stayed healthy and played in a hitter's ballpark. Of course, that will create a hit on the Giants' lineup, as they would be hard pressed to fill the combination of offensive and defensive production at 1st base. I'd rather keep him for at least another year.

With no clear log jam yet, I'd rather keep him one more year at least. You'd be selling so low right now.