• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Opening Day 25

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Giants are going to carry 13 pitchers. Otherwise she's likely pretty close. I disagree with Rivera as backup C as well. My current thinking:

C - Posey, Vogt
IF - Belt, Panik, Craw, Longo, Panda, Solarte
OF - Mac, Duggar, Slater, Parra, Fergie
SP - Bum, DRod, Shark, Pom, Hollturd
RP - Watson, Smith, MM, Dyson, Moronta, Venditte, Stratton
Vogt hasn't even caught a game yet in spring training and, last I heard, he won't until next week at the earliest. I doubt he makes the team but he may get stashed away in AAA.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If my tracking of the roster is correct, we still have 43 players “in camp”. 31 roster players and 12 NRIs. Of the 12 NRIs, I think 4 have legit shots of making the team: Vincent, Rivera, Solarte, Maybin.

So who currently on the roster is on the bubble?

Stratton, I fear, will be a casualty this year. And I think he has a long career in front of him as a 3/4/5 journeyman starter.

Sandoval may be on the bubble this year. Sure, he CAN play anywhere, but realistically, he is limited to the corners.

Hanson, I think is gone. He is fun to watch, but he just can’t hit or play defense. And his speed isn’t near elite enough to warrant a roster spot.

Okert may be following his fellow “O” out the door. Especially with all the other lefties on the roster now.

Bergen / Ferguson. I suspect Bergen was taken as insurance for a Smith/Watson trade. Ferguson has not been playing great in the spring and we need Maybin’s veteran presence and leadership. ([\sarcasm]).

Gott is having a great spring. But he doesn’t have any options, and the bully is already really crowded.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If my tracking of the roster is correct, we still have 43 players “in camp”. 31 roster players and 12 NRIs. Of the 12 NRIs, I think 4 have legit shots of making the team: Vincent, Rivera, Solarte, Maybin.

So who currently on the roster is on the bubble?

Stratton, I fear, will be a casualty this year. And I think he has a long career in front of him as a 3/4/5 journeyman starter.

Sandoval may be on the bubble this year. Sure, he CAN play anywhere, but realistically, he is limited to the corners.

Hanson, I think is gone. He is fun to watch, but he just can’t hit or play defense. And his speed isn’t near elite enough to warrant a roster spot.

Okert may be following his fellow “O” out the door. Especially with all the other lefties on the roster now.

Bergen / Ferguson. I suspect Bergen was taken as insurance for a Smith/Watson trade. Ferguson has not been playing great in the spring and we need Maybin’s veteran presence and leadership. ([\sarcasm]).

Gott is having a great spring. But he doesn’t have any options, and the bully is already really crowded.
My thoughts on spring battles - Spring Training 2019
As I mentioned in the Current Roster thread, you are missing three non-roster players - Law, Vogt and Parra. Callahan hasn't pitched in big league camp this year so he shouldn't, in my opinion, even count among those left.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts on spring battles - Spring Training 2019
As I mentioned in the Current Roster thread, you are missing three non-roster players - Law, Vogt and Parra. Callahan hasn't pitched in big league camp this year so he shouldn't, in my opinion, even count among those left.
And I think Parra is almost guaranteed to break camp with the big club, so that is just one more potential bubble burst.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I think Parra is almost guaranteed to break camp with the big club, so that is just one more potential bubble burst.
At least Parra looks like he deserves to break camp with the team. If Maybin makes it, that will be the most ridiculous move the club makes to start the season. He's not been very good in the past few years, he got in trouble with the law early in camp and his offense this spring is worse than all other outfielders besides Ramos, Slater and Ferguson. He brings nothing to the roster and deserves to be cut.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least Parra looks like he deserves to break camp with the team. If Maybin makes it, that will be the most ridiculous move the club makes to start the season. He's not been very good in the past few years, he got in trouble with the law early in camp and his offense this spring is worse than all other outfielders besides Ramos, Slater and Ferguson. He brings nothing to the roster and deserves to be cut.
Too much smoke around Maybin to not think he will make the team, but I agree. He is useless.

I would like the of squad to be Mac, Duggar, Parra and Ferguson. IF, they decide to extend Duggar’s spring by starting him in Sacto, then I guess you HAVE to go with Maybin, cause you can’t go in with Ferguson being your only CF.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too much smoke around Maybin to not think he will make the team, but I agree. He is useless.

I would like the of squad to be Mac, Duggar, Parra and Ferguson. IF, they decide to extend Duggar’s spring by starting him in Sacto, then I guess you HAVE to go with Maybin, cause you can’t go in with Ferguson being your only CF.
This is one of those moments where I just have to give the FO the benefit of the doubt and believe that they know what they are doing. But it sure looks stupid from my perspective.

The outfield I would like to see is Shaw, Duggar, Williamson and Parra as the 4th outfielder. He's got experience in center field. Of course, he hasn't played there much since 2015, so I could see the reticence to pull that off. I'd much rather have Ferguson than Maybin. I don't get the love for Maybin. There's a point where talent and potential don't translate. He's past that point.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is one of those moments where I just have to give the FO the benefit of the doubt and believe that they know what they are doing. But it sure looks stupid from my perspective.

The outfield I would like to see is Shaw, Duggar, Williamson and Parra as the 4th outfielder. He's got experience in center field. Of course, he hasn't played there much since 2015, so I could see the reticence to pull that off. I'd much rather have Ferguson than Maybin. I don't get the love for Maybin. There's a point where talent and potential don't translate. He's past that point.
My ideal 5-man unit would be...

Duggar
Mac
Parra
Ferguson
Slater/Shaw

Both Slater and Shaw have options, and playing every day in Sacto could help. If Maybin makes it as the 5, I am OK, but not at the cost of Ferguson.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FWIW I think, barring trade, we end up with:

LF - Mac
CF - Duggar
RF - Parra
Bench - Furgeson

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW I think, barring trade, we end up with:

LF - Mac
CF - Duggar
RF - Parra
Bench - Furgeson
I still think that Shaw in left, Mac in right and Parra as the 4th is a better alignment but I know that Shaw isn't making the team, barring a couple of injuries (and no trades).

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can just taste the fear of that outfield from opposing pitchers

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can just taste the fear of that outfield from opposing pitchers
I know its easy to pick on this group but will their production really be any worse than much of the infield? Longoria, Crawford and Panik all seem to have their best seasons behind them. I hope everyone in this club exceed expectations but here's the projected OPS (from BBRef) of the most likely starting 8:
Belt - .785
Posey - .770
Longoria - .730
Duggar - .719
Crawford - .715Parra - .713
Williamson - .704
Panik - .698

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know its easy to pick on this group but will their production really be any worse than much of the infield? Longoria, Crawford and Panik all seem to have their best seasons behind them. I hope everyone in this club exceed expectations but here's the projected OPS (from BBRef) of the most likely starting 8:
Belt - .785
Posey - .770
Longoria - .730
Duggar - .719
Crawford - .715Parra - .713
Williamson - .704
Panik - .698
Hey don't pick on the outfield, the infield is just as shitty LOL

Don't forget Posey who will never have a season as good as 2012 again

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey don't pick on the outfield, the infield is just as shitty LOL

Don't forget Posey who will never have a season as good as 2012 again
tumblr_ost4nsEY3W1wu3svzo1_400.gif