• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 UFA Wishlist

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm, Then why do they flip a coin to decide who's kicking off and which direction.......Jesus, these boards are pointless.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean Allah or Muhhammad these boards are pointless.......Didn't want to offend anyone.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool story bro. But the fact is, I can read and comprehend just fine. It's a ridiculous statement. Of course the best coaches are in the pro's, but to say the guys in college don't coach fundamentals is fucking stupid. It is what it is. The coaches at the FBS level are excellent plain and simple. If you ever had the chance to attend a coaching clinic or a football camp and see these guys in action you would agree.

I think someone is projecting themselves here and trying to protect his coaching brethren.

I think you should take it easy there, guy, an not get worked up about someone else's opinion on college coaching just because you happen to also be a coach. There's lots of football coaches out there, you don't have to protect them all...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shut up Trevor!

how_about_no_evil.jpg

Seriously man, BigBlue is my guy... if you had simply disagreed with him, that would have been fine. But you didn't, you felt the need to insult him and now you're refusing to soften you stance at all on top of it.

That's just not going to go over well...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually Muzz...I changed my mind. I agree with the premise that college coaches, made up of virtually 100% former college and pro football players, don't know how to coach basic fundamentals.

And you're making fun of others for making stupid statements?!

Do you have even a little bit of an idea of how many college football coaches there are? Last I knew there's about 250 D-I (FBS and FCS) football teams. We're looking at 10 coaches per team, so about 2,500 division 1 coaches. I promise that virtually 100% of them weren't college or NFL players. And a lot of the ones who were college players played D-II or D-III ball at tiny colleges most people have never heard of.

I'm not really sure what you've got stuck you-know-where that you're feeling the need to be so arrogant about his statement? You seem to be taking this very personally...

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously man, BigBlue is my guy... if you had simply disagreed with him, that would have been fine. But you didn't, you felt the need to insult him and now you're refusing to soften you stance at all on top of it.

That's just not going to go over well...

Wait, who's guys are who's and which guy's are whichever other peoples guys?

We should break up into teams on each topic. Have two captains and pick players for each team. You know, like a basketball game.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about Marshawn Lynch?

I hadn't given him much thought because I thought he was a couple years older than he was, but he'll be 29 all next season, so that's a full extra year before the dreaded 3-0. I also was worried about the wear and tear he'd have, given the way he runs and how heavily he was used the last few years in Seattle, but his yards per carry went up a full half a yard this season, while his yards per catch went up over a full yard. He accounted for 17 total TDs, 3 more than he did in 2013. So he's really not showing any signs of slowing down.

I'd love to see him in an offense with Megatron. Talk about a pickle as to how you'd position your safeties. It's either leave Calvin in single-high coverage, or leave Beast Mode with a 6 or 7 man box to run against...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I find it hard to believe that Lynch is only 215 lbs, his listed weight pretty much everywhere online...

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have better and more important areas to spend our $.

Do the guys who have already been looking at the draft think that RB from Indiana might be there for our 2nd rd pick or is he long gone by then?

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For what the market is for veteran RBs (i.e. team friendly) I think it's wise to consider signing an impact FA vs. spending a draft pick prior to the 4th round on a RB. Their value is so much less than a CB, DE, DT, OL, OLB, WR, or a Safety that I wouldn't ever draft one in the 1st 3 rounds, unless one of the top couple RBs on the board tumbled a lot farther than expected or some shit like that.

If the contract is reasonable, and lately veteran RB contracts have been very soft, then I'd really look hard at a guy like Lynch who might have one or two more really good seasons left in him, and focus on the harder to fill positions early in the draft.

Draft RBs in the later rounds to develop into a decent stable, and just rotate in veteran talent on the cheap every couple years...

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch = Bell

With this O-Line. Bell style is similar to Lynch. IMO I would not mind the kid from Indiana or Gordon or Abdullah. I like the idea of a quality running back in the draft for some reason.

Detroit doesn't resign Suh they could actually make 5-6 decent FA pickups and try to sign Levy to a long term deal, please!

I still like the idea of veteran rehab projects like Raji and Jenkins. These guys know what it takes the question is are they ok after a year off.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have better and more important areas to spend our $.

Do the guys who have already been looking at the draft think that RB from Indiana might be there for our 2nd rd pick or is he long gone by then?

Tevin Coleman, IMO, should be the first back taken in the draft. He won't be though.

Id think we'd have to trade up in the second to get him. Which would be fine with me.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh boy, some jimmies got ruslted up, I see

Big_Blue_72 said:
M biggest problem concerning the CFB players today, is they really lack the proper coaching and fundamentals to make the transition to the NFL. You don't have that many really good or even just slightly above average position coaches in College that can teach these kids the way they should be taught. The only way to get them that extra experience is in a developmental league. Guys similar Couplin III, Seisay, Ness, Webster and alike could really benefit from that type of system. Former Lion Chris Greenwood would have ben another example...

Maybe my use of the word "proper" was taken out of context. In no way shape or form did I state, "college coaches don't know basic fundamentals". I'll reference one particular area of concern for me. I'm a Wolverines fan. They have had 6-7 (4) Star or better O-linemen signed over the last 3 years. Ex-wolverine O-Line coach Daryl Funk was in charge of developing these kids. I saw minimal improvement with those 6-7 kids over the time they've been on campus (games played in). Surely, with all FBS coaches being excellent, wouldn't you think these kids would be further along in their development. I guess all those kids were simply over-rated. If coach Funk was an excellent coach, then I would have seen markedly improvement from at least 2 of those 6-7, IMO.

If you're going to state that all FBS coaches are "excellent". I will respectfully disagree.

If nearly all these collegiate assistant coaches are ex-college/pro players, then I expect more from them in developing these kids.

JDW did make some very good points in his analysis. I obviously left my statement blank or totally unfounded. I also didn't elaborate as I should have.

If you felt my statement was a slap in the face to all coaches, then you'd be wrong.

Furthermore, I'm not buying that there are that many good position coaches at the smaller schools, for example, Tex St., Tex San Antonio, No. Tex., La Laf., La Mon., Idaho, Wyoming, New St., New Mex., IA St., Ind., Buf., and my list would go on and on and on for probably 40+ more schools. My Opinion Only.

and I stand by my statement, when taking into consideration mathematically and % wise, that there aren't that many really good (B or B- grade) or even slight above average (C+) position coaches at the FBS...

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can handle myself up in here. I simply go about it in a different way than others...

but I do appreciate it ......... Tpaul and Evil-er....

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No worries rollingthunder, I'm not anyone's guy from a guys other guy....

I fly solo in here...

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tpaulus_2 said:
Plus Big Blue is the shit, he doesn't fuck with anyone, and pretty much everybody likes him because he's a nice dude- so fucking with him will be met with hostility on my part.

:L

you do realize my street cred is all fucked up,........... NOW...... amirite ?

FUCK OFF !!!!!!............. ;) .................. :yahoo:

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the above post was in jest. just so you know TP