• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 UFA Wishlist

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with ya TP....

M biggest problem concerning the CFB players today, is they really lack the proper coaching and fundamentals to make the transition to the NFL. You don't have that many really good or even just slightly above average position coaches in College that can teach these kids the way they should be taught.

Thats one of the dumbest things I've ever read on these board...and that's saying alot.

College coaches don't even know fundamentals. LMAO

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mexico City is the one market that I'm really surprised the NFL seems to ignore. There are way, way more people there than in any U.S. city.

Granted they're a bit less affluent than average NFL cities' citizens generally are, but a large, soccer-style stadium with 150,000 seats with a much lower average price-per seat could be a money-making gem for the NFL...

"We want 1 billion pesos or Tom Brady is dead."

Until that happens.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats one of the dumbest things I've ever read on these board...and that's saying alot.

The vast majority of the college players are being coached vastly different than they will/would be in the NFL. The techniques can be far more lose, and the schemes are drastically different.

The level and quality of the coaches in the NFL are generally pretty superior to what these kids are getting in college, as well...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"We want 1 billion pesos or Tom Brady is dead."

Until that happens.
762195e1666497074ede151e0cbeb39738a411d967572cbbe24b90cf8db6011f.jpg

That's like $70,000 grand (ish) in 'Merican money. Brady could just ask them to swing by an ATM and he could pay off his own ransom on the spot.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You on the rag? Take a pause for a moment the next time before you pop off with a response like that to think if maybe you are interpreting the statement in a manner that isn't the way it was intended.

Any response that starts, "That's one of the dumbest things I've ever read on these boards" immediately gets consideration for what is actually one the dumbest things ever said on these boards.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus Big Blue is the shit, he doesn't fuck with anyone, and pretty much everybody likes him because he's a nice dude- so fucking with him will be met with hostility on my part.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The vast majority of the college players are being coached vastly different than they will/would be in the NFL. The techniques can be far more lose, and the schemes are drastically different.

The level and quality of the coaches in the NFL are generally pretty superior to what these kids are getting in college, as well...

A college isn't responsible for making the pro game better. Tim Tebow was a great college QB. He moved the ball and was tough. But his mechanics were shit and he couldn't make pro throws but it didn't matter because he could do everything Urban Meyer wanted.

Look at these WRs that have huge numbers in the college game. But they have zero ability to separate but it isn't the college coach's job to teach that it is his job to make sure he catches all those passes and they win. It's why Ryan Broyles was a great college WR and what is he as a pro?

Devin Funchess was an average WR at UofM but he has the body size, speed, and strength that pro coaches can work with. He will be a 1st rounder because of potential.

Michael Sam was a good DE at Mizzou and a bust in the pros not because he wasn't developed but because he didn't have the intangibles for the pro game.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well then prepare yourself for a S, WR, DE, FB, and another TE.

We almost got a full tight end between all 3. We got 1 who can block, but is slow as shit and can't catch. One who can't block for shit, but is tall as shit, good in the red zone. One who's athletic as hell, can't catch. We're just missing that 1 tight end who's short and stubby, not athletic or a good route runner, but has glue for hands. Any prospect like this available in the 1st round?

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A college isn't responsible for making the pro game better. Tim Tebow was a great college QB. He moved the ball and was tough. But his mechanics were shit and he couldn't make pro throws but it didn't matter because he could do everything Urban Meyer wanted.

Look at these WRs that have huge numbers in the college game. But they have zero ability to separate but it isn't the college coach's job to teach that it is his job to make sure he catches all those passes and they win. It's why Ryan Broyles was a great college WR and what is he as a pro?

Devin Funchess was an average WR at UofM but he has the body size, speed, and strength that pro coaches can work with. He will be a 1st rounder because of potential.

Michael Sam was a good DE at Mizzou and a bust in the pros not because he wasn't developed but because he didn't have the intangibles for the pro game.

Well said man.

The talent divide is so huge between the college and pro games that college teams can win by having superior athletes. In the pros everyone is the best of the best from college, so technique and fundamentals are key...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We almost got a full tight end between all 3. We got 1 who can block, but is slow as shit and can't catch. One who can't block for shit, but is tall as shit, good in the red zone. One who's athletic as hell, can't catch. We're just missing that 1 tight end who's short and stubby, not athletic or a good route runner, but has glue for hands. Any prospect like this available in the 1st round?

That Florida State kid kind of fits that mold.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You on the rag? Take a pause for a moment the next time before you pop off with a response like that to think if maybe you are interpreting the statement in a manner that isn't the way it was intended.

Any response that starts, "That's one of the dumbest things I've ever read on these boards" immediately gets consideration for what is actually one the dumbest things ever said on these boards.

Cool story bro. But the fact is, I can read and comprehend just fine. It's a ridiculous statement. Of course the best coaches are in the pro's, but to say the guys in college don't coach fundamentals is fucking stupid. It is what it is. The coaches at the FBS level are excellent plain and simple. If you ever had the chance to attend a coaching clinic or a football camp and see these guys in action you would agree.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus Big Blue is the shit, he doesn't fuck with anyone, and pretty much everybody likes him because he's a nice dude- so fucking with him will be met with hostility on my part.
Shut up Trevor!

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have a dog in this fight, but Jim Harbaugh is a College coach again?:noidea:

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool story bro. But the fact is, I can read and comprehend just fine. It's a ridiculous statement. Of course the best coaches are in the pro's, but to say the guys in college don't coach fundamentals is fucking stupid. It is what it is. The coaches at the FBS level are excellent plain and simple. If you ever had the chance to attend a coaching clinic or a football camp and see these guys in action you would agree.

:L

Did you read any of the previous posts or did you just start typing responses? You are the only one who here who isn't following along.

You read the word "fundamentals" and went off. You teach fundamentals when you are coaching the youth leagues. What he was talking about are the things that even successful programs with high end players need to learn once they reach the NFL.

JDW gave several great examples in his post. You've got your thinking stuck on the word "fundamentals", replace it with "NFL intangibles" and the way you read the first post probably changes dramatically

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually Muzz...I changed my mind. I agree with the premise that college coaches, made up of virtually 100% former college and pro football players, don't know how to coach basic fundamentals.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That he is. And he spoke at the Michigan High School Coaches Association clinic today. (So did Mark D.)
I don't know if I won this argument or lost it.......I probably stumbled upon something and made a dick head post...

I do it a lot......Much like the Lions......Don't expect much change.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if I won this argument or lost it.......I probably stumbled upon something and made a dick head post...

I do it a lot......Much like the Lions......Don't expect much change.

Lets argue aboot it.

Which side would you prefer? The side that thinks you won, or the side that thinks you lost? Im good with either.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a alpha male by nature, so I assume I won. Then again being surrounded on this board with a bunch of estrogen she males I might have lost.:noidea: