• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 UFA Wishlist

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scrolling down the list I saw some quality players. Here are a few.
Mike Iupati, 27, to fill that guard spot. One of the best run blockers in the league.
Darelle Revis, 29, Slay had an excellent year, Revis Island opposite him.
Demarious Thomas and Dez Bryant...what if right?
Demarco Murray

Lots of top names in their primes out there. 2015 NFL Free Agents Tracker | Spotrac

Thoughts fellas. Who is on your wish list?

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense wins championships......If Suh leaves then spend the money on Defense!

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fairley at $6MM per with very little signing bonus and lots of weight, workout, and performance bonuses.

Greg Hardy at a discount. He'll probably be suspended for half the next season, but after that a 12-15 sack guy at $10MM per is a steal. Only 26 years old too. Need to hire Dez Bryant-style babysitters for him, but what the hell.

Mike Iupati at $8MM per. We'd have the best OG combination in football. Bell would send us a Christmas card.

Hey - $6MM plus $10MM plus $8MM = $24MM. So we'd still have $3MM of Suh tag money to extend Warford and Levy now.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A bit too early for me- I like to let the season end and give teams a chance to sign guys in order to get a sense of who will really be available come March.

That being said, I'm pretty sure Jonathan Stewart is going to be a free agent, and he finished the season on a tear. He could be a low-cost, quality addition at RB. I like his north-south style and the way he punishes tacklers. I'd love to see us add another big RB to go with Bell, and another speed guy to go with Riddick...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a bunch of good looking options out there at back-up QB, too. I'd love to see us upgrade over Orvlovsky this offseason. Matt Moore might be my favorite out of the bunch- he could go .500 if Stafford happens to miss a couple of games, which would make a big difference in playoff seeding. We all learned how important that is this season- one more win and we'd have a home playoff game today...

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-Iupati and shitcan both Raiola and Sims and move Swanson to center.
-Andre Holmes. Big WR who is underrated and will be a better 3 than Fuller. Fuller is a 4. Could
move Tate to the slot and shitcan Ross.
-Prater obviously.

Sure we would all like the rest of the guys on your list but they will be looking for big bucks. If Suh leaves then I would make a play for Revis and Knigton with the extra cash.

Last edited by a moderator:

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-Iupati and shitcan both Raiola and Sims and move Swanson to center.
-Andre Holmes. Big WR who is underrated and will be a better 3 than Fuller. Fuller is a 4. Could
move Tate to the slot and shitcan Ross.
-Prater obviously.

Sure we would all like the rest of the guys on your list but they will be looking for big bucks. If Suh leaves then I would make a play for Revis and Knigton with the extra cash.

:10:

Holmes is ready to explode with a real QB, imo.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't want to see a high priced FA LG brought in (ie. Iupati or anyone else that would be too costly, injuries mostly for Iupati are my main concern, same for Seattle's James Carpenter).

I'd rather take my chances in this years draft and get one of the college LT's that project more inside at LG and run with a completely young O-Line to grow with over the next few years. Reiff is a UFA in 2016 also. Could it really be that much worse drafting a LG and putting him in immediately, compared to the output of Sims and this years O-Line. Try the draft and then a take a look see at players who get the axe post June 1 cuts and during training camp

LSU OT La'el Collins, ND's OT Ronnie Staley, U of Mia OT Ereck Flowers, CSU OT Ty Sambrailo are names that come to mind for position switch to NFL LG from the college ranks LT's/RT's

Last edited by a moderator:

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iuapati is damaged goods. Too many bad injuries. Niners would keep him otherwise. Loved him coming out of college though.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holmes would be better off to stay in Oakland IMO. Dudes a distant after thought as a third receiver here. Example: Ebron.

Only FA I care about seeing here is Suh.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't have a ton of holes. Biggest hole is at OG, but I'm fine with drafting a Gaurd, as its one of the safer positions to draft, plus Mayhew has been pretty good drafting O-Linemen.

That's the main reason I won't be upset if Suh is tagged. If we had a lot of holes, plus there were a lot of decent FA's, then I would say tagging Suh would be a bad move.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we really think that this team is a legit SB contender if we bring back Suh as our total FA activity?

I say no - not even close. The OL must be better, depth must be better, and we need a CB. Can we accomplish the rest through the draft? impact rookies at CB are pretty rare.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we really think that this team is a legit SB contender if we bring back Suh as our total FA activity?

I say no - not even close. The OL must be better, depth must be better, and we need a CB. Can we accomplish the rest through the draft? impact rookies at CB are pretty rare.

Then I can understand why you are against tagging Suh. I just disagree. A lot.

2 things I want this off-season are for Suh to remain with us, and to draft 3 linemen.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Suh was all we did? Yes I think we would still be a contender...I think we will get better through the draft at guard and tackle(Swanson will move to center thats better).

That being said...I think we will free up some cap room with a few cuts.
Tulloch--3.2 millions savings and Bush another 1.7
Broyles 898k
Jason Jones 3.1 with only 800 dead...I don't see Jones getting cut though, or I would not like him to rather.

I think if we do sign Suh it will ultimately not be a franchise deal but a long term deal for a slightly more than Gerald Mccoy. Lets say 6 years 105 million. Also the cap will go up to 140...possibly 143 million next year.

With our current roster we are right around 120,402,257. At a 140 mill cap we'd have 19.6 million...assume Bush,Broyles and Tulloch go....thats another 5.8....25.4. Subtract 6 for our draft picks. Thats back to 19.4.
Figure in 18 million for Suh.
Thats 1.4 million for other free agents!

The good news is...even with Megatron's ridiculous cap number in 2016, the cap is still looking better. 91 million asssuming Tulloch and Bush are gone.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we "just re-sign Suh" then where does that leave us with our other twenty-some free agents?

Turns out Suh isn't our only pending free agent...

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
20-something free agents?

We have about 4 free agents worth signing, non of which are even close to important as Suh.

Mosley, Mathis, George Johnson, and Matt Prater.

Unless I'm missing someone?

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mean any offense, but blowing off the role players as if they don't matter and we can just replace them with any old player is kind of ludicrous, imo.

These guys that know the system and fill the back-up and "non-star" roles are still important players. Teams like GB and New England that are consistent year in and year out are filled with low-priced role players who most of us have never heard of.

Obviously they're less important than Suh, but they also can't be ignored. All 53 roster spots have to be filled. You guys scoff at me saying we'd have to fill those spots with UDFAs and you don't think any of these free agents we have need to be re-signed, so am I to understand that you're suggesting we just role with 30 some-odd players next season and play iron-man style?