• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rey's 1st Early Eagles Mock Off Season

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it cuts what you can spend it doesn't save anything. You're trying to fill a large hole with less dirt.

We control nothing at this point. Much of what happens depends on what Bradford decides. So the team has to plan for having him and for not having him. Everything cascades from there.( At best it's 50/50 on him staying. You have to believe that Kubiak is eyeing him up and Denver represents a much better opportunity than we do at this point.) Who you can and can't sign in FA is a function of what is spent on Bradford or not.
We sit here and say we should sign this guy or that guy and that's just fantasy football. Same with the draft. The team has obvious holes which they will attempt to fill in both FA and the draft. Who those individuals might be I haven't the faintest nor do I care. I'm not going to waste my time on such stuff, it doesn't interest me.

Tobin and Kelly may be cheap, that's there only redeeming factor. They could be useful if they're playing alongside some grizzled vets as a single piece and that's a long shot. Tobin actually managed to regress during the year. Like Mathis, he might come good in his 30's, let someone else make that bet.

All we do on here is fantasy football ctc ... guessing and discussing :) My "guess" is that Bradford won't be an Eagle in 2016, thus my fantasy scenario/guess on how things could turn out.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I highly doubt 3 QB's go by 13. Jerry will probably take RGIII or Manziel thinking he gets two years to figure it out. Someone will think early second is good enough for one too.

You may be right WIZ, but QB's always go higher than they should. imo RG111 and Manziel are not answers for anyone. Dallas imo would be nuts to go with either Johnny Non-Football or RG Damaged Goods over taking a QB at 4. They can't realistically count on Romo going forward with his injury history.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Wentz and Goff will be gone by 13, so the question becomes whether they like Paxton Lynch. I personally don't.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm only a couple games into Lynch's evaluation, but I'm not overly impressed so far. Obviously his physical skill set is extremely impressive, huge frame and very athletic -- good arm. I'm not so impressed with his pocket awareness, he flushes himself out way too quickly instead of stepping up into the pocket and keeping his eyes down field. He also has a tendency to force throws where he shouldn't, which puts the ball in danger. He has a fairly slow wind up motion when he throws as well. It's always hard to project how these college spread QBs will adjust to the NFL game too -- I don't know enough about him regarding his football IQ, still got more HW to do. His upside is big, but he has a lot of work to do to make it at the next level.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goff would easily be my choice. Accurate and can read a D.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree on Goff for a WCO. Unfortunately I suspect he doesn't get past Cleveland at 2. Then it becomes a game on who gets Wentz, whether a team with a top 10 pick like Dallas takes him, or someone like St Louis trades up for him, etc.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch may be a good developmental QB. But that is what he is, a developmental QB like Brock Osweiler, one that we'd need to draft in the first round. He may be a good athlete but his footwork and mechanics looks a mess to me, and I can't really judge how well he can read defenses based on what I saw him run in college. Goff is clearly more polished at this point. Wentz is probably more polished too.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting Lineups

QB: Chase Daniel
It really looks like you put a lot into this but if Chase Daniel as a starting QB was a good idea then it would've happened by now.

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Check with Mathis after the SB, he'll be looking for a two year contract. Schwartz will want 6+ a year.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really looks like you put a lot into this but if Chase Daniel as a starting QB was a good idea then it would've happened by now.

Chase would just be a transition QB in this scenario ... someone to hold the seat warm till we find a suitable rookie if Bradford doesn't come back.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch may be a good developmental QB. But that is what he is, a developmental QB like Brock Osweiler, one that we'd need to draft in the first round. He may be a good athlete but his footwork and mechanics looks a mess to me, and I can't really judge how well he can read defenses based on what I saw him run in college. Goff is clearly more polished at this point. Wentz is probably more polished too.

Lynch and Goff run the same read option stuff from the gun with 4 or 5 receivers on every snap (Goff just throws more downfield). Great for stats, but these evolved college systems aren't doing them any favors once they reach the pros. Doug Pederson will be running double TE sets with the QB under Center and 2 WR's running route trees that neither Goff nor Lynch are use to. Again, this is why I've become so high on Allen as opposed to drafting a Paxton Lynch (whom imo is the only one out of the 3 with a chance to still be there) at 13. While Allen would be right at home running a pro style offense from under Center, Lynch would be trying to learn on the fly. While Lynch has the higher upside due to height, he could easily fall flat on his face trying to run a system that's foreign to him. I'd rather swing and miss on a QB I take in Rd 3 as opposed to a guy you take with the 13th pick in the draft.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch and Goff run the same read option stuff from the gun with 4 or 5 receivers on every snap (Goff just throws more downfield). Great for stats, but these evolved college systems aren't doing them any favors once they reach the pros. Doug Pederson will be running double TE sets with the QB under Center and 2 WR's running route trees that neither Goff nor Lynch are use to. Again, this is why I've become so high on Allen as opposed to drafting a Paxton Lynch (whom imo is the only one out of the 3 with a chance to still be there) at 13. While Allen would be right at home running a pro style offense from under Center, Lynch would be trying to learn on the fly. While Lynch has the higher upside due to height, he could easily fall flat on his face trying to run a system that's foreign to him. I'd rather swing and miss on a QB I take in Rd 3 as opposed to a guy you take with the 13th pick in the draft.

If Allen is really 6'2", AND 210 LBS., then I can get on board with him in the 3rd round. It will be interesting how he measures at the combine. I like his game, but I thought he was 6'0". So those 2 more inches does make a difference.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Allen is really 6'2", AND 210 LBS., then I can get on board with him in the 3rd round. It will be interesting how he measures at the combine. I like his game, but I thought he was 6'0". So those 2 more inches does make a difference.

He measured in at the Senior Bowl 6'1.4" 212 lbs

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's cutting it kinda close, but still a little taller than Brees.:clap:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may be right WIZ, but QB's always go higher than they should. imo RG111 and Manziel are not answers for anyone. Dallas imo would be nuts to go with either Johnny Non-Football or RG Damaged Goods over taking a QB at 4. They can't realistically count on Romo going forward with his injury history.

I think Dallas might go DE, since they are rumored to not retain Hardy. At 4 they might even get Bosa.

Romo's last 3 injuries were his collarbone, which was recently reinforced with a plate. He will be 36 in April though, so time is ticking. Could say the same about Rivers though (a year younger, but without the sustained injuries).

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He apparently had a better senior year, but I was not overly impressed with what I saw of Allen. Looks Kevin Kolb-ish to me.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Dallas might go DE, since they are rumored to not retain Hardy. At 4 they might even get Bosa.

Romo's last 3 injuries were his collarbone, which was recently reinforced with a plate. He will be 36 in April though, so time is ticking. Could say the same about Rivers though (a year younger, but without the sustained injuries).

I have Bosa on my early mock gong to Dallas. They need Bosa right now, more than a QB, although I think they may well address QB in the 2nd round. Hackenberg perhaps?

Susky

Better late than never
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can have Hackenberg. Dude hasn't impressed me much. Even the PSU fans I know are scratching their heads at all of the talk he's gotten from the media.

Good stuff, Rey. I love the idea of using Daniel as the new Pederson. It just makes so much sense for DP to bring in a guy who has a handle on his scheme to mentor and help teach the offense to the players.

Everything I've seen from Lynch tells me that he's not what we need. Allen might be a good move if he's the best available at the 3A pick.

What are the chances of moving Peters to guard?

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are the chances of moving Peters to guard?

If money were not an issue I think Peters would thrive at Guard and likely extend his effectiveness in the league. The problem though is that he makes LT money and now you would have to find a starting RT assuming Lane would be moved to LT in that scenario. Some people think that he'll return to his previous self now that we will be running a more traditional style and pace ... I am not so sure; he looked like a shell of himself last season, especially in handling speed rushers.