• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 UFA Wishlist

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umm..I think you're selling him a little to high but he has been good. BUT...if he is thinking the same way as you, he wont be as cheap as before. Even though I wouldn't mind, I still see some risk in that kind of investment. Mathis is 35 and may have lost a step. I think the odds of him playing at a high level again lower than I would like. Plus, we dont need a one year contract, we need a guy that at least gives us three considering the situation. Williams can do that, Imo and Browner.

I had a terrible thought yesterday too. I actually thought about bringing Delmas back as a situational guy back there. I personally think the Lions need to either get more talent in the secondary or get really creative to be contenders. They could throw Delmas in and have Quin down covering TEs sometimes. I think that would be an effective nickel package also.
A- Not selling him short, he's been better than people realize. But age is a very legit concern.

B- I've read a couple times that he's expected to be brought back at a bit of an increase over his vet-minimum deal he was on last year, but still pretty cheap overall.

C- Fawk Delmas. He's too undisciplined and his knees are toast. If we're going to roll with a 3 safety look and have Quin on a TE (which I'd agree sounds good) IAQ looked pretty good out there last year and already knows the defense well. Give him the chance in that package, imo.

D- I agree we need more talent in the secondary, but I'd focus on CB. Mathis can play outside or in the slot, so he's a valuable piece, but a guy like Browner would really go a long ways by giving us 3 "starting" CBs. Williams wouldn't be a bad addition, either, imo...

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suck it Paulus!!

it's a shit Thursday. Seeing that picture of Suh wearing that fucking ugly Dolphins hat, reading his lame ass bullshit reasons for being there, thanking Detroit fans who were so good to him, having Millenhew and LewanDUI running our Lions, and just being back here vs a beach drunk off my ass sucks.

Give us some comic relief. What fresh out of the dumpster piece of shit FA should be bring in and kick the tires on? Maybe we should try to talk Jake Locker out of retirement?

I'd like to bring in Rob Sims just for a kicking. And by that I actually mean throw his worthless ass on the ground and just start kicking him. Kick the spare tire his fat ass has around his gut.

Why hasn't Donnie Avery signed a big contract yet? What is the matter with these NFL teams? They are missing out on a big time talent.

:hammer:

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny thing is I would actually get Locker out of retirement and shit can Dan O any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny thing is I would actually get Locker out of retirement and shit can Dan O any day of the week and twice on Sunday.
Stop doing crack or you will end up as stupid as The Clown Show

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why hasn't Mayhew explored the possibility to take a look see at ex-Raida C Wisniewski :noidea:

He's not seeking out a mega-deal. Something isn't right here regarding Wisniewski.. :scratch:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wisniewski reportedly visited the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Wednesday. He is believed to be seeking a deal with would pay him in excess of $3 million per season.

Wisniewski (6-foot-3, 315 pounds) was a second-round draft pick out of Penn State by the Oakland Raiders in 2011. He was a four-year starter at center and left guard, the two spots where the Seahawks have needs.

The Seattle Seahawks have a chance to sign one of the top free-agent centers on the market in Stefen Wisniewski, who is in Seattle on Thursday to talk to Seahawks officials.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why hasn't Mayhew explored the possibility to take a look see at ex-Raida C Wisniewski :noidea:

He's not seeking out a mega-deal. Something isn't right here regarding Wisniewski.. :scratch:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wisniewski reportedly visited the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Wednesday. He is believed to be seeking a deal with would pay him in excess of $3 million per season.

Wisniewski (6-foot-3, 315 pounds) was a second-round draft pick out of Penn State by the Oakland Raiders in 2011. He was a four-year starter at center and left guard, the two spots where the Seahawks have needs.

The Seattle Seahawks have a chance to sign one of the top free-agent centers on the market in Stefen Wisniewski, who is in Seattle on Thursday to talk to Seahawks officials.

I think he wants to be a center. Most likely Caldwell is sold on Swanson. Still, I would be more than OK with him. I preferred him over Hudson.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Redskins signed NT Terrance Knighton, formerly of the Broncos, to a one-year, $4 million contract.

The report that teams were wary of Knighton because he is "out of shape" appears to be true, as Knighton settles for a one-year deal in an effort to rehab his value. It was extremely telling when even new Raiders coach Jack Del Rio, who has always been by Knighton's side, picked Dan Williams over him. Knighton will presumably man the nose tackle spot for the Redskins, replacing Barry Cofield.
Source: Josina Anderson on Twitter

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greg Hardy is still un-signed. Price could be dropping. Question...say we did sign him...do we move Jones inside to tackle?

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greg Hardy is still un-signed. Price could be dropping. Question...say we did sign him...do we move Jones inside to tackle?
Doubtful. Jones is asked to two-gap to free up a LB, so a bigger DE like Jones and Taylor suit Austin's scheme better. If we signed Hardy he'd essentially be Ansah's back-up.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see us sign Matt Moore and dump Dan-O, and also sign Cecil Shorts III to be our 3rd WR...