• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 UFA Wishlist

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
knighton, for me... you know his motor is non-stop.... Fairley has more "projected talent"...

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you can make an easy out contract work with Fairley if you drop in an option year. Sell it to him like the Avril deal when he went to Seattle. A chance to prove his worth and be a FA again in quickly.

2 year/$15m with $9m guaranteed . Option 3rd year with lousy $4m salary (that's his out to bigger payday if he earns it). $6m signing bonus spread over those three years. Salary of $3m and $6m. Cap hits of $5m, $8m, and $2m dead after he opts out on that third year. The guarantee is paid after the first year so if wanted to cut him at that point you still only have $4m dead. Dead $ is part of the game and risks that you have to take.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DR.

that would be a fair offer to make to Fairley, IMO, coming from the Lions. If he was that wanted, he'd be gone by now, imo. He's still a possibility at this point tho.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kendall Langford - DL - Colts
Colts signed DE Kendall Langford, formerly of the Rams.

With Cory Redding contemplating retirement, Langford will be a candidate to start at five-technique end opposite Arthur Jones. Langford was an early-career beast at the "five" with the Dolphins, before struggling as a 4-3 defensive tackle in St. Louis. He's 29 years old.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow, Langford to Indy. I wasn't expecting that move. I thought he'd wind up in DEN.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Revis to Jets.

Helu to Raiders

The Lions are close to re-signing S Isa Abdul-Quddus, according to the Detroit Free Press.

Abdul-Quddus started four games at safety last season while also filling it at nickelback. He's a valued member of the Lions' special teams unit. Abdul-Quddus will continue to backup James Ihedigbo at strong safety.

Source: Dave Birkett on Twitter

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CB Skrine picked up a good deal with the Jets also... 4yrs and 26M ?

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browner was released by the Pats :noidea:.... I think he's better served with a top 5 CB opposite of him, IDK.

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- The New England Patriots did not pick up a $2 million roster bonus due to cornerback Brandon Browner, making him a free agent.

The Patriots pick up $4.8 million in salary cap space with the move, which would have been more surprising had it not been learned that the club allowed Browner to assess his value on the market this week. That was an indication that the team was possibly considering not picking up the roster bonus.

Browner would have earned a base salary of $1.9 million in 2015 had the Patriots picked up the roster bonus, with a chance to earn more in roster bonuses and playing time incentives. When Browner assessed his value on the market in recent days, the interest from others was notable, according to a source.

Thus, Browner would have been less inclined to accept any type of pay reduction from the Patriots.

Browner paired with Darrelle Revis to form an impressive 1-2 combination at cornerback once Browner made his debut in Week 7. From that point on, the Patriots allowed the second-fewest points in the second half of games, playing press man coverage.

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing that I really like about the trade for Ngata (unless I don't understand how this works) is that we eat up cap space and replace Suh without eating into what we will get for comp picks out of this season. With Ngata taking up 8.5 we should have something like 5 million or so left, so that means we should net a 3rd round comp pick. If we were to spend all our space on bringing in FA I don't know if that would be the case.

I'd bring in Browner depending on the price. At worst we greatly upgrade our nickel spot.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind bringing in Brice McCain for some CB depth.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Henry Melton anyone? :feedback:

He was a beast and then got hurt in Chicago. Played decent early last season and then started faded again. Then got passed on playing time and got hurt again. Big risk IMO if you are depending on him for a good amount of snaps.

Incentive laden contract is all I would do with him.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since were probably going 3-4, anyone interested on taking a shot on Orakpo? He has to be really cheap. Could be small risk. Or do you guys think he's done?

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I just read a report that the Lions have shown interest in DeMarco Murray...

Please don't fuckin be true...

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I just read a report that the Lions have shown interest in DeMarco Murray...

Please don't fuckin be true...

Ok, it can't be true. Just noticed it was reported o er 12 hours ago. Definitely would have heard more. Mayhew would be a fucking idiot to spend that kind of money on a RB, especially when we've invested dollars the last 2 off seasons on the position.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, it can't be true. Just noticed it was reported o er 12 hours ago. Definitely would have heard more. Mayhew would be a fucking idiot to spend that kind of money on a RB, especially when we've invested dollars the last 2 off seasons on the position.
I don't even think we would have the money for him, especially since he'll be asking for top dollars.

Draft a rookie imo.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Henry Melton anyone? :feedback:
I'd be ok with that, but we'd need to bring back Mosley or sign Dan Williams, or some other big-bodied DT to pair with Ngata on run-downs because Melton is really poor against the run. He's a helluva 3-tech pass rusher, though. Next to Fairley he might be the best 3-tech "penetrator-type" on the market...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CB Skrine picked up a good deal with the Jets also... 4yrs and 26M ?
Fuck. That's a good deal for the Jets. I would have taken on Skrine at that average for sure...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browner was released by the Pats :noidea:.... I think he's better served with a top 5 CB opposite of him, IDK.

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- The New England Patriots did not pick up a $2 million roster bonus due to cornerback Brandon Browner, making him a free agent.

The Patriots pick up $4.8 million in salary cap space with the move, which would have been more surprising had it not been learned that the club allowed Browner to assess his value on the market this week. That was an indication that the team was possibly considering not picking up the roster bonus.

Browner would have earned a base salary of $1.9 million in 2015 had the Patriots picked up the roster bonus, with a chance to earn more in roster bonuses and playing time incentives. When Browner assessed his value on the market in recent days, the interest from others was notable, according to a source.

Thus, Browner would have been less inclined to accept any type of pay reduction from the Patriots.

Browner paired with Darrelle Revis to form an impressive 1-2 combination at cornerback once Browner made his debut in Week 7. From that point on, the Patriots allowed the second-fewest points in the second half of games, playing press man coverage.
I'd be happy as shit if we brought in Browner and re-signed Mathis. Mathis can man the slot and suddenly we're 3 deep with legit "starting" CBs...