• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 UFA Wishlist

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spiller, IMO, would be a dumb founded signing, IMO. At this point, I wouldn't mind signing Williams and Fairley, the latter I'd still question how motivated he is. Spiller or draft a RB ? I'd rather see them take a rb in 1st or 2nd round before signing Spiller, JMO.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cromartie has talked for weeks about going back to NYJets. He loves that city.

“My door is always open to returning,” Cromartie said, via the New York Post. “Everybody knows I didn’t want to leave. I’m going to keep my door open and see what happens.”

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spiller, IMO, would be a dumb founded signing, IMO. At this point, I wouldn't mind signing Williams and Fairley, the latter I'd still question how motivated he is. Spiller or draft a RB ? I'd rather see them take a rb in 1st or 2nd round before signing Spiller, JMO.

Me too but you know how Mayhew is. I liked the idea of Spiller at first but not so much now. I think he fits but I would just like to draft a guy.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harvin is a supreme head-case. If Mayhew goes after Harvin, he might as well draft U-WAS head-case, CB Marcus Peters.... they'll balance each other out in practice.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They probably don't want him though.

that may very well be true but his DC at AZ was Todd Bowles and from reports I've read, Bowles was pretty adamant on how well Cromartie had played. I still think the Jets would do whatever it takes to get Revis 1st and then if turned down would go after Cromartie, possibly

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can only assume at this point that the two asshats running our team must be on vacation and have decided to skip free agency since we can't even be mentioned in a rumor to have an interest in anyone other than fucking CJ Spiller!!! :gaah:

This franchise has been called a dumpster fire and barring several huge surprises later today we are starting to look that way. I am beyond stunned that we actually do have some $ to play in free agency we aren't doing a fucking thing.

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great news guys, the Raiders are interested in Knighton and Williams would be their plan B. We should easily be able to outbid them.

We are a few hours away from an offseason that even Millen couldn't rival!!

At this point I have to HOPE that we overpay to get Revis (who the Raiders are also reportedly interested in) and pull off the best draft in history.

It might take 3 yrs/$50m with $30m guaranteed to land him. I think there is a VERY GOOD chance we are going to land NO impactful free agents.

Two days ago I thought we actually had a chance with a good draft to be a much better team even without Suh. Today I'm getting closer and closer to agreeing with Swarm for the first time since drafting Stafford.

Thinking about calling a contractor to hook up a gas line to my dumpster for the eternal flame that will burn for as long as The Clown Show is in Detroit.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jets sign G James Carpenter.

Lions need a G and now he and Iupati are signed elsewhere.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They probably don't want him though.

They do.

The New York Daily News reports the Jets and free agent CB Antonio Cromartie have "mutual interest" in a reunion.

It's an obvious marriage, as Cro would be reuniting with both the Jets and ex-Cardinals DC Todd Bowles. The Jets badly need help at cornerback. Cro is past his prime, but rebounded on his dismal 2013 last season. Per reporter Manish Mehta, the Cardinals are also interested in keeping Cromartie.
Related: Jets

Source: Manish Mehta on Twitter

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions go all in to keep Fairley.

Yahoo's Charles Robinson reports the Lions are still trying to re-sign DT Nick Fairley, but that he's "got some interest elsewhere."

The Lions badly need to keep Fairley after rolling the dice on Ndamukong Suh hitting the market. Fairley is Rotoworld's top rated remaining interior lineman.

Source: Charles Robinson on Twitter

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jets sign G James Carpenter.

Lions need a G and now he and Iupati are signed elsewhere.

he's an oft-injured player who has yet to meet the projections. he was over-rated as a LT at bama, clearly belongs inside and I'm glad he wasn't a consideration.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he's an oft-injured player who has yet to meet the projections. he was over-rated as a LT at bama, clearly belongs inside and I'm glad he wasn't a consideration.

Iupati or Carpenter? How much you want to bet Mayhew re-signs Sims.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carpenter injured more often than Iupati. I think my mentioning of LT at Bama pretty much signified as to whom I was referring to. Iupati came from Idaho

no bet from me on whether Mayhew re-signs Sims because at this point, it's seemingly likely to happen. There's still so much time/players left in FA that I'm not going to be too concerned. patience truly is a virtue that has to grow at it's own pace.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can only assume at this point that the two asshats running our team must be on vacation and have decided to skip free agency since we can't even be mentioned in a rumor to have an interest in anyone other than fucking CJ Spiller!!! :gaah:

This franchise has been called a dumpster fire and barring several huge surprises later today we are starting to look that way. I am beyond stunned that we actually do have some $ to play in free agency we aren't doing a fucking thing.
Seems the front office is in a lose-lose situation on this board in regards to reports. When they open their traps and say something, it gets ripped apart bc it didn't happen. Then, when we aren't hearing anything, that gets ripped apart bc apparently we aren't trying at all.

Yes, I know it would be great if our F.O. actually said something and have it work out, but at this point, is it worth it to get upset at BOTH scenarios?

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Spiller will probably cost more and if we can land one of those top 4-5 rbs, they'll have just as much success as Spiller will imo.

But losing Suh and possibly Fairley may put a damper on dreams of landing one of those backs. Imo, d-line is a bigger need than RB at this point, atleast in thefirst 2 rounds.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imo, d-line is a bigger need than RB at this point, atleast in thefirst 2 rounds.

of course the D-Line is most important in the draft, at the moment.

I was merely "trying to state, in my own fucked-up, nonsense way", if I had to choose between FA Spiller or a rookie rb, I'd rather draft one in 1st or 2nd rd over him, meaning that's how much I'd prefer a rookie over him. Of course a rb wouldn't take precedence over a BPA DT in that sitch.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Overpay" is my new least favorite NFL buzz word.

From Dave Birkett Twitter-

They trying not to overpay "@MarkHanoush: Are the lions going to sign anyone or wait until all good players are gone? This is ridiculous!!!"

Awesome. I'll try to remember this next year when were picking in the top 5 again.

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much you want to bet Mayhew re-signs Sims.

I hope that was a joke cause that shit ain't funny!!

The dumpster burns bright if that happens.