• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 UFA Wishlist

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another rumor is Lions will use money saved from Suh to extend Levy. Max was right if true. I'd wait to see how he plays without Suh in front of him.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL.com sees Clemson DT Grady Jarrett as a possible Ndamukong Suh replacement for the Lions if they don't select a tackle in Round 1.

As a loyal reader, you know we would absolutely cosign the drafting of Jarrett in Round 2. In the eyes of Rotoworld, this undersized terror is a top-30 prospect. "Jarrett is on the short side at 6-1 and lacks length, but he pursues the ball with great effort and could be a nice option for Mayhew if he decides to draft a different position in the first round," wrote Chase Goodbread.

Source: NFL.com

I saw that a couple days ago. Rotoworld has Jarrett at #28 overall all the while CB Trae Waynes is ranked #33 overall on Norris' board :scratch:.. Don't get me wrong on any analysis regarding Jarrett's play as I like him a lot but I find his ranking quite a bit high with Norris. CBS has him at #86 and EsPn has him at #64 and he's not in top 50 on NFL.com. If Jarrett does end up a LION @ #54, I won't be upset nor will I think that it's a massive reach. JMO, many of these DT's, after the 1st 4 are drafted, will more than likely go before they should.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here ya go Thunder, from insider on :
Grady Jarrett

Has good playing speed for his position but is short and light with a limited size potential. Has shorter arms than average for his position.

Was diagnosed with a torn labrum following the 2013 season-opener against Georgia. Played with it and then underwent off-season shoulder surgery.

Is a hard worker that is tough and plays through pain. Is the son of former Atlanta Falcons linebacker and five-time Pro Bowler Jessie Tuggle. Grew up calling former Baltimore Ravens LB Ray Lewis his uncle, though they're not biologically related. Is majoring in management.

vs RUN 2
Is disruptive. Is also quick enough to shoot gaps and agile enough to finish in the backfield. Can get blown off the ball when his pads rise and is never going to be a massive space eater. Is tougher to move off the ball than size would suggest, though. Has a low center of gravity, good core strength and keeps his pads downs for the most part. Can slip and shed blocks quickly. Flashes an above-average arm strength and ability to press blockers but short arms cause him to get engulfed at times.

Pass Rush Skills 2
Has active hands that make it tough for blockers to lock on as he works up-field. Has a good bend when he gets outside leverage and then works back inside. Is dangerous on stunts. Is quick and smooth and has more production than suggested. Clemson regularly assigned him middle screen and draw responsibilities during his four-game evaluation. Flashes explosive power but is not in the same category as some elite three-technique prospects (i.e. Aaron Donald). Lacks brute strength to habitually collapse pocket.

Quickness (hands/feet) 2
Has a somewhat erratic counterpuncher but is a good overall hand fighter who can get off blocks and makes it tough to lock on. Hasabove-average first-step quickness (though not elite) and a finishing burst. Has above-average lateral quickness working down the line and rushing the passer.

Toughness/Motor 2
Is a resilient team-first player who played through pain in 2013 and chose to delay shoulder surgery until the off-season. Doesn't gear down or surrender when teams commit two blockers on him. Plays with swagger. Has above-average effort when chasing the run and rushing the passer.

BB_72 : all of Jarrett's grades (2) are equal to Michael Bennett

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love me some Grady, but no way in the first round. Third for sure. Second probably. He was my sleeper pick

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another rumor is Lions will use money saved from Suh to extend Levy. Max was right if true. I'd wait to see how he plays without Suh in front of him.

I mean Metro airport. Rumor growing.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here ya go Thunder, from insider on :
Grady Jarrett

Has good playing speed for his position but is short and light with a limited size potential. Has shorter arms than average for his position.

Was diagnosed with a torn labrum following the 2013 season-opener against Georgia. Played with it and then underwent off-season shoulder surgery.

Is a hard worker that is tough and plays through pain. Is the son of former Atlanta Falcons linebacker and five-time Pro Bowler Jessie Tuggle. Grew up calling former Baltimore Ravens LB Ray Lewis his uncle, though they're not biologically related. Is majoring in management.

vs RUN 2
Is disruptive. Is also quick enough to shoot gaps and agile enough to finish in the backfield. Can get blown off the ball when his pads rise and is never going to be a massive space eater. Is tougher to move off the ball than size would suggest, though. Has a low center of gravity, good core strength and keeps his pads downs for the most part. Can slip and shed blocks quickly. Flashes an above-average arm strength and ability to press blockers but short arms cause him to get engulfed at times.

Pass Rush Skills 2
Has active hands that make it tough for blockers to lock on as he works up-field. Has a good bend when he gets outside leverage and then works back inside. Is dangerous on stunts. Is quick and smooth and has more production than suggested. Clemson regularly assigned him middle screen and draw responsibilities during his four-game evaluation. Flashes explosive power but is not in the same category as some elite three-technique prospects (i.e. Aaron Donald). Lacks brute strength to habitually collapse pocket.

Quickness (hands/feet) 2
Has a somewhat erratic counterpuncher but is a good overall hand fighter who can get off blocks and makes it tough to lock on. Hasabove-average first-step quickness (though not elite) and a finishing burst. Has above-average lateral quickness working down the line and rushing the passer.

Toughness/Motor 2
Is a resilient team-first player who played through pain in 2013 and chose to delay shoulder surgery until the off-season. Doesn't gear down or surrender when teams commit two blockers on him. Plays with swagger. Has above-average effort when chasing the run and rushing the passer.

BB_72 : all of Jarrett's grades (2) are equal to Michael Bennett

Pfft only thing that would keep me from believing the sky has fallen is re-siging Fairley, sign Dan Williams and move to a 3-4. That drastic change would keep me interested.

But replacing Suh w a rookie does nothing for me.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packers keeping Bulaga along w Cobb. Pack have clinched North on first day of new year.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gore signs w Indy. Andre Johnson rumored to be joining him.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But replacing Suh w a rookie does nothing for me.

the closest thing to replacing Suh (closest, mid you, cuz it isn't happening) would have been drafting Aaron Donald last yr @ #10. I don't think you'd feel as badly, as you do now, had Donald been on this team, but I'm probably wrong there too.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sign Dan Williams and move to a 3-4.

I can see this as a possibility. They have the personnel to do it. Mayhew, Caldwell and Austin have all spoken of the possibility. It was the first thing to come to mind when I saw Dan Williams as a possible FA target.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
elaborate ?
Well, our Lions are awfully quiet and I'm not sure if it's a good or bad thing right now. Other teams are going out and getting the guys they want and we aren't doing anything yet.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shayne Vereen signs w Giants.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Revis is officially a FA. Chances he comes to Detroit?

Schefter says Browns in mix for Revis. Prob using them to get max contract out of Jets IMO.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe waiting for the market to die down some but outside of Suh, I don't see any one that has signed already would have been a target (not what we've talked about here). usually those first signings announced are all the HUGE contracts. Had we retained Suh obviously it would have been the big news. Now we wait and maybe pound some fists or beers or cheech it, IDK.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe for the Lions to have any chance of getting better, they need to come out of FA with at least 3-4 guys and two of them need to be of high quality. Mayhew usually likes to wait until things calm down a bit though.

As of now, here are the guys I think the Lions have some interest in:
D. Williams
Spiller
Cromartie
Fairley

I hope they make a push for Revis if they can and I've thought about Harvin.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe for the Lions to have any chance of getting better, they need to come out of FA with at least 3-4 guys and two of them need to be of high quality. Mayhew usually likes to wait until things calm down a bit though.

As of now, here are the guys I think the Lions have some interest in:
D. Williams
Spiller
Cromartie
Fairley

I hope they make a push for Revis if they can and I've thought about Harvin.

I'm hearing Cromartie back to Jets w Revis.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schefter says Browns in mix for Revis. Prob using them to get max contract out of Jets IMO.

Supposedly, he's not officially a FA until 4 p.m. as the Pats still have rights until then. That's what I read.