• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 UFA Wishlist

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also have no interest in lupati.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't have a ton of holes. Biggest hole is at OG, but I'm fine with drafting a Gaurd, as its one of the safer positions to draft, plus Mayhew has been pretty good drafting O-Linemen.

That's the main reason I won't be upset if Suh is tagged. If we had a lot of holes, plus there were a lot of decent FA's, then I would say tagging Suh would be a bad move.

Am looking forward to drafting a couple of guards a tackle, secondary help and a linebacker.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we really think that this team is a legit SB contender if we bring back Suh as our total FA activity?

I say no - not even close. The OL must be better, depth must be better, and we need a CB. Can we accomplish the rest through the draft? impact rookies at CB are pretty rare.

They turned into a playoff contender with one big free agent acquisition and another decent draft. I definitely think they can be a super bowl contender by retaining suh and prater and drafting well, along with resigning some of their other cheaper players.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see Suh, Collins, Reynolds, Fairley, Mosley, Fluellen, Johnson, Tapp, Palmer, Mathis, Vaughn, Abdul-Quddus, Prater, Muhlbach, and Bynes all re-signed.

Not all of these guys are key contributors, but they're all at least capable reserves who all know the system. Reynolds, Fluellen, and Tapp all could easily be beat out in camp by rookies, or free agents, or younger guys (Larry Webster), but all three are cheap insurance options whom I'd like to see signed to one year deals to get them in to camp at least.

Letting guys like Quddus, Bynes, and Palmer walk away weakens our depth. A-Q looked pretty capable this year and is a great insurance policy at safety. Bynes played surprisingly well for us this year, and while Palmer isn't an ideal starter, he's a solid reserve and core special teamer.

Sure, the big names are the sexy ones to talk about, but depth is key for any team planning on making a serious run. When it's time for "next man up" I'd love that next man to be someone with at least some track record to fall back on. Johnson would be great cheap as well, huge beneficiary of suh.

At the very least a lot of these guys I mentioned are they types you bring back to camp to push the rookies and new arrivals in order to field the best team we can...

I would love to see suh, fairley and prater all retained. I think only one DT and prater are attainable though. Mayhew also deserves credit for bynes and tapp. They played well and were cheap pickups. Thats the suh factor. Palmer can be cut, he wont be issed. Mosley needs to return if fairley isnt.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant wait to see how the Lions move forward in the next few weeks. They have to start signing their own key free agents. You can't just let all these important guys test the market come March 10.

You have to get deals done at a minimum with Mosley, Prater, and Johnson. And for my opinion I think you try and get one done with Fairley.

Look for some combination of restructures on the contracts of Stafford, CJ, Quin, and Tate in late Feb if the Lions actually do plan to tag Suh. Pretty much cant happen without it unless we aren't going to sign any of our own guys between now and then.

Could the Suh negotiations hijack our ability to sign anyone else? Make your own decisions on that.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do so many people want Prater back? His numbers were ok ish, but it was very obvious the coaches didn't trust him. Very obvious. I'd rather have a worse kicker that the coaches trusted, let them call the game normally rather than altering what they do based on not trusting the kicker.

I can't speak for others, but I want him back because he's a good kicker, and, as evidenced by the 3 or 4 guys we went through between Hanson Prater, good kickers aren't all that easy to find. We lucked into a good one during the season, why would we not want him back is the better question.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am looking forward to drafting a couple of guards a tackle, secondary help and a
linebacker

Well then prepare yourself for a S, WR, DE, FB, and another TE.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't speak for others, but I want him back because he's a good kicker, and, as evidenced by the 3 or 4 guys we went through between Hanson Prater, good kickers aren't all that easy to find. We lucked into a good one during the season, why would we not want him back is the better question.

I know most Broncos fans want him back. He will be much more accurate next year too is my bet. Came in cold this year and missed some at the begining. Was alomst perfect after that including many 50 yarders.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A strange twist to the Combine. There will now be one for vets at the Arizona's Cardinals training facility, March 22. It's the day before the owners meetings begin.

It will be open to veteran free agents who will participate in position-specific drills, timing and testing, and other customary combine activities.

"There's a void there. There was nothing for that guy out there who has one or two or three years in the league and is not with a team and is at the mercy of when the phone rings or when his agent gets him a workout. This will be a forum for these guys to showcase their talents and a service for our clubs instead of [what had been] an inefficient process.''

NFL to hold combine for veteran free agents - ESPN

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't hurt for a lot of these boarder line and practice squad players. Puts more information out there and lets teams look at a lot of NFL-level talent en masse.

I still think the NFL needs an 8 team developmental league where each team can have 14 developmental players spread across any of the 8 teams. They should play in the offseason so that the practice squad players can be eligible.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't hurt for a lot of these boarder line and practice squad players. Puts more information out there and lets teams look at a lot of NFL-level talent en masse.

I still think the NFL needs an 8 team developmental league where each team can have 14 developmental players spread across any of the 8 teams. They should play in the offseason so that the practice squad players can be eligible.

Its already in discussions. I heard the guy talking about it earlier in the season. Its going to be only 4 teams, though, if/when it does happen.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with ya TP....

M biggest problem concerning the CFB players today, is they really lack the proper coaching and fundamentals to make the transition to the NFL. You don't have that many really good or even just slightly above average position coaches in College that can teach these kids the way they should be taught. The only way to get them that extra experience is in a developmental league. Guys similar Couplin III, Seisay, Ness, Webster and alike could really benefit from that type of system. Former Lion Chris Greenwood would have ben another example...

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its already in discussions. I heard the guy talking about it earlier in the season. Its going to be only 4 teams, though, if/when it does happen.

They should target non NFL cities. A chance for NFL fans to watch semi-pro close to home while also monitoring attendance for future potential NFL landing spots. Could rotate cities year to year.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be pretty cool. They could use college stadiums. Put a team in Toronto and one in Mexico City to tap a little bit of the North American market that might not be all that exposed to the NFL...

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be pretty cool. They could use college stadiums. Put a team in Toronto and one in Mexico City to tap a little bit of the North American market that might not be all that exposed to the NFL...

I think they should do it with a couple preseason games too. Would be fantastic for marketing.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mexico City is the one market that I'm really surprised the NFL seems to ignore. There are way, way more people there than in any U.S. city.

Granted they're a bit less affluent than average NFL cities' citizens generally are, but a large, soccer-style stadium with 150,000 seats with a much lower average price-per seat could be a money-making gem for the NFL...

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mexico City is the one market that I'm really surprised the NFL seems to ignore. There are way, way more people there than in any U.S. city.

Granted they're a bit less affluent than average NFL cities' citizens generally are, but a large, soccer-style stadium with 150,000 seats with a much lower average price-per seat could be a money-making gem for the NFL...

They could play two preseason Cowboys games and sellout that stadium with ease.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A strange twist to the Combine. There will now be one for vets at the Arizona's Cardinals training facility, March 22. It's the day before the owners meetings begin.

It will be open to veteran free agents who will participate in position-specific drills, timing and testing, and other customary combine activities.

"There's a void there. There was nothing for that guy out there who has one or two or three years in the league and is not with a team and is at the mercy of when the phone rings or when his agent gets him a workout. This will be a forum for these guys to showcase their talents and a service for our clubs instead of [what had been] an inefficient process.''

NFL to hold combine for veteran free agents - ESPN

I'm looking forward to the 24/7 Michael Sam coverage

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking Thursday, Bills GM Doug Whaley said he was going to do his "darndest" to re-sign impending free agent C.J. Spiller.

"I’m sure he’s disappointed with how last year went with the injuries, but we want him to come back with us and get back to the form we know he can play at," Whaley said, echoing comments he made in December. Spiller's chances of remaining in Buffalo have increased with the additions of Rex Ryan and Greg Roman, but he's still a good bet to reach the open market.

Source: buffalobills.com

What an upgrade this dude would be over Reggie Bush. Same style of back but 3-4 years younger with superior explosion and home run speed. The fact that he was banged up and misused last year means he might come at a nice discount.