• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 UFA Wishlist

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
themuzzer said:
I'm a alpha male by nature, so I assume I won. Then again being surrounded on this board with a bunch of estrogen she males I might have lost.:noidea:

you do realize that true alpha males don't belittle, demean, degrade others and especially in public.

The real Alpha Males are quiet, unassuming and yet confident, leaders, don't brag about themselves, don't display tough guy personas..... the list goes on....

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
broncosmitty said:
Tevin Coleman, IMO, should be the first back taken in the draft. He won't be though.

Id think we'd have to trade up in the second to get him. Which would be fine with me.

I'd prefer Coleman over Gurley (recent ACL injured RB's I don't care for). Gordon or Abdullah. and yet
I still wouldn't risk any pick in the 1st 3 rds. JMO, nothing more... regarding rb's

keep your eyes peeled out for a kid by the name of David Johnson out of Northern Iowa... 6'2 225+lbs, extremely good hands receiving out of the backfield. a true in between the tackles type runner, power, vision, very good at pass-pro. he just doesn't have that break-away speed from the extremely fast def. players.

He'll be at the Senior Bowl this week.... just a heads-up

I just can't fathom drafting a RB before the 4th round anymore... it's a risky adventure... "LeShoure anyone"........... but that's just me..

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you do realize that true alpha males don't belittle, demean, degrade others and especially in public.

The real Alpha Males are quiet, unassuming and yet confident, leaders, don't brag about themselves, don't display tough guy personas..... the list goes on....

You do realize the post was in jest?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd prefer Coleman over Gurley (recent ACL injured RB's I don't care for). Gordon or Abdullah. and yet
I still wouldn't risk any pick in the 1st 3 rds. JMO, nothing more... regarding rb's

keep your eyes peeled out for a kid by the name of David Johnson out of Northern Iowa... 6'2 225+lbs, extremely good hands receiving out of the backfield. a true in between the tackles type runner, power, vision, very good at pass-pro. he just doesn't have that break-away speed from the extremely fast def. players.

I just can't fathom drafting a RB before the 4th round anymore... it's a risky adventure... "LeShoure anyone"........... but that's just me..

Normally Id agree, but a true go to back is something were lacking. And have been for a long time. (No offense to James Stewart or Kevin Smith for the blink of an eye.)

Other than gaurd, I believe that #1 guy out of the backfield is this teams biggest void. And while building overall team depth and strength through BPA is great, drafting for need if a stud is available can alter a teams fortune, quick. (There are plenty of productive late round RBs. But the best, the cream
Of the crop, are mostly high picks. Lynch, AP, Lacy are first rounders, Hill, Gore, Bell, Forte, McCoy are second rounders, Murray and Charles 3rd rounders.)

I'll keep my eyes peeled for David Johnson.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll agree with your ^^^ assessment.

For me, RB's are second most oft-injured position, right behind DB's, is my most concern with drafting them in the 1st three rds.

I think we all need to get past the debacles in Jahvid Best and LeShoure. isn't it time ? That was yesteryear long ago.... well, 2010 and 2011 seems like long ago to me....

Don't forget ex-VT's RB Kevin Jones (injuries once again) in that group with James Stewart and Kevin Smith....

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can handle myself up in here. I simply go about it in a different way than others...

but I do appreciate it ......... Tpaul and Evil-er....

I know you can.

My style isn't to defend anyone, ever.

My response was entirely about what he said that could only have come from him not understanding what I thought was pretty clear. Plenty enough e-bitching on here to begin with. No reason to have it over misinterpreting a simple post.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll agree with your ^^^ assessment.

For me, RB's are second most oft-injured position, right behind DB's, is my most concern with drafting them in the 1st three rds.

I think we all need to get past the debacles in Jahvid Best and LeShoure. isn't it time ? That was yesteryear long ago.... well, 2010 and 2011 seems like long ago to me....

Don't forget ex-VT's RB Kevin Jones (injuries once again) in that group with James Stewart and Kevin Smith....
Kevin Jones was good too. My bad forgetting him. (LeShoure must really be an ass to work with.)

Definitely a risky position when drafting for sure. Trent Richardson, CJ Spiller, Ryan Matthews, Darren McFadden, Reggie Bush..... all high picks that seem to be hurt as much as they're healthy.

Hated when we used to take receiver after receiver after receiver after receiver. But eventually Millen got a good one. (Roy was a good player too.). Id like to think Stafford's Magical Year 7 could be that much more magical with a legit tailback.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dr. Evil-er said:
I know you can.

My style isn't to defend anyone, ever.

My response was entirely about what he said that could only have come from him not understanding what I thought was pretty clear. Plenty enough e-bitching on here to begin with. No reason to have it over misinterpreting a simple post.

I know you meant well and I really do appreciate both of you explaining to him the outlying parameters on previous posts and how he might have misunderstood what I was attempting to say.. I truly wasn't intending for my post stating "I could handle myself in here" as not being appreciate... because I do/did appreciate your explanation... My ass went to bed soon after that post... yep, even in early afternoon.

My writing style surely lacks at getting my point across quite often.

Once again much appreciated...:suds:

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DR. Evil-er....

spot on regarding all the e-bitching....

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Johnson sounds fine as long as we keep Megatron we do not need a game breaking RB. Just a guy who can be a Lacy type without the injuries. No earlier than Rd 3 though and that is assuming we keep Suh. We need an O-Line and DB in the first 2. Without Suh I would put DT as the number 1 pick.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mathis wants to come back, still has some lfet in the tank

Rashean Mathis was asked the same question roughly a half-dozen times after he cleaned out his locker at the Detroit Lions' Allen Park training facility earlier this month: Do you want to play one more NFL season?

"Everyone keeps throwing up one more," Mathis said. "I think I've shown I have a lot left in my body. Of course, I don't want to play until the wheels falls off. That's never been my aim. But I think we have something special here, and the coaches know my feelings on that, so coming back here and finishing something that we've started, that Jim (Caldwell) has started, I would love to."

Mathis is one of five Lions starters headed for unrestricted free agency this off-season and, after all-pro defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh, he just might be the most important.

He started every game at right cornerback this season, graded out as the 12th-best corner in the league, according to Pro Football Focus, and doubled as a mentor to the much-improved Darius Slay.

Detroit Lions' Rashean Mathis wants to play another season (or more)

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he wants to play on the cheap, that'd be great.

If he doesn't, I appreciated his services.

(They ranked Ravioli #2 in 2013, right?)

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with ya TP....

M biggest problem concerning the CFB players today, is they really lack the proper coaching and fundamentals to make the transition to the NFL. You don't have that many really good or even just slightly above average position coaches in College that can teach these kids the way they should be taught. The only way to get them that extra experience is in a developmental league. Guys similar Couplin III, Seisay, Ness, Webster and alike could really benefit from that type of system. Former Lion Chris Greenwood would have ben another example...
Let me just say I'm sorry if i hurt anyone's feelings. In the future I'll try to express my disagreement in a btter way. :)

That being said....I re-read the posts which some thought I didn't interpret properly. I think I understood them full well. To rebut the above post I will say this. Thanks to the excellent coaching at the college football level, a developmental league has not been necessary. Wouldn't Chris Greenwood be an example of excellent coaching? Here is a guy who was not talented enough to go to an FBS or even FCS team, yet was coached so well he was able to develop into an NFL prospect and actually make an NFL roster from little ol D-3 Albion. Having a close friend who coached for several years in the MIAA at Kalamazoo College, that doesn't surprise me.

Anyway, I stand by my original strong disagreement.

Also, one more thing....who would be the coaches of this developmental league that would be better coaches than the guys in college? Hmmm

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can have great success in college without having a NFL skill set. College coaches aren't neccesarily there to develop skills that will improve their NFL transition. A college coaches job is to win. He'll develop fundamentals/skills that are relevant to his system. College coaches don't have enough time to try to improve every aspect of an athletes game.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can have great success in college without having a NFL skill set. College coaches aren't neccesarily there to develop skills that will improve their NFL transition. A college coaches job is to win. He'll develop fundamentals/skills that are relevant to his system. College coaches don't have enough time to try to improve every aspect of an athletes game.

:clap:

Lord knows Urban did nothing to the flawed Tebow mechanics. Why? He won titles with those flaws.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coach_Ed

not a single person in here has any hurt feelings at least to my knowledge. Certainly not my feelings.

We agree to disagree.

I can hold my own up in here.

What others state is on them.

I'm on one end of the spectrum and you're on the opposite end regarding my original statement.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me just say I'm sorry if i hurt anyone's feelings. In the future I'll try to express my disagreement in a btter way. :)

That being said....I re-read the posts which some thought I didn't interpret properly. I think I understood them full well. To rebut the above post I will say this. Thanks to the excellent coaching at the college football level, a developmental league has not been necessary. Wouldn't Chris Greenwood be an example of excellent coaching? Here is a guy who was not talented enough to go to an FBS or even FCS team, yet was coached so well he was able to develop into an NFL prospect and actually make an NFL roster from little ol D-3 Albion. Having a close friend who coached for several years in the MIAA at Kalamazoo College, that doesn't surprise me.

Anyway, I stand by my original strong disagreement.

Also, one more thing....who would be the coaches of this developmental league that would be better coaches than the guys in college? Hmmm

Coaches that were paid strictly to develop talent.

Most college coaches are being treated like pro coaches in that they have a short window to be successful. A D League were winning was second then I would say the best developmental guys would find their way there.

And thats not a blanket thing either IMO guys at small schools do a better job because they don't have boosters sweating them, presidents, alumni...at least not like guys in the power 5 conferences. But again you are developing guys that usually can't play at D1 schools.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:clap:

Lord knows Urban did nothing to the flawed Tebow mechanics. Why? He won titles with those flaws.

The key is their strengths. A highschool athlete is recruited because of his current strengths. A college coach will continue to develop the attributes that are beneficial to their program. That's not to say that college coaches aren't capable. To me it has more to do with NCAA regulations in regards to time spent with athletes. They are allowed only so much time with their players, they are going to utilize that time to coach their system.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adrian Peterson isn't going to play for his current contract next season. Maybe half of what he has left on the last three years. I don't want to debate his actions but what he might mean to the team. You can make a new contract work here pretty easy that gives a really easy out for the Lions and cost less than Bush next year. Anyone interested?