• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 UFA Wishlist

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's a really good price? He played cheaply last year on a one yr $4m deal. Not sure how he graded out to get an idea of what he might command in the open market. It would not be a difficult deal to structure with a simple out for the Lions if LewAAnd knew what the hell he was doing.

I was thinking right around $4 mill per season, so if that's what he played for last year hopefully that's about where he'll be at again.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will be getting a raise IMO

I was thinking right around $4 mill per season, so if that's what he played for last year hopefully that's about where he'll be at again.

Any respectable agent will recognize the cap increase and teams with big cap space. Have to ask yourself if he and his agent think he is still a #1 CB or #2.

When calculated by removing the FA's that mid point #32 CB averaged a deal worth $4m. I don't know where he graded out last year but I don't think his negotiating team will view him in that spot and if negotiating with us may very well seem him as #1 on our team when compared to a 3rd year player.

I think you are low on the estimate, maybe quite a bit. I would probably start at one averaging $4.75m on the low end and be prepared to move to perhaps $6m on the high side before walking away. How its structured is far more important than the average amount.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kenny Britt rebounded pretty well this season, he'd be an ideal #3 WR for us- kind of the big-bodied possession WR we need, although he averaged a healthy 15.6 yards per on 48 receptions this year, so I guess he's more than just a possession guy. He's also only 26 years old still, so a long-term, team friendly deal might pay off pretty well on this guy. He's been limited by injuries early on in his career, but stayed healthy all last season.

Not sure what his price tag will look like, but I'd be thrilled to add him as the 3rd WR, roll with Fuller as the 4th and either Broyles or Jones as the 5th. Cut Ross free...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charles Clay is another guy I'd love to see in a Lions uniform next year. While he's listed as a TE, at 6'3" and 255 lbs, he's far more of a true "H-back" type who is equally comfortable lining up in the slot, split out wide, or in the backfield as a lead blocker or pass protector.

While these versatile "H-back" types are a dime a dozen coming out of college, Clay is the rare animal who plays that role while still kicking out good offensive production- he's hauled in 127 passes over the last two seasons.

I'd be tickled pink if we replaced Jed Collins with this guy next year and suddenly had a fullback who can split out wide and torch a LB...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another interesting option on the FA market is Denver TE Virgil Green.

He just doesn't have "it" to play TE in the NFL- he doesn't have the bulk and physicality to be a good blocker at the point of attack. However, he ran a 4.64 at the combine a few years ago at 6'4" and 250 lbs. That's not blazing for a WR, but it's damn fast for a 250 person. He also put up a 42.5" vertical.

His strengths are his route running, quickness in and out of his breaks, and his hands. Combine that with outstanding athleticism and good size, but piss-poor power blocking and what do we have? A WR!

I think we should sign him to a two year deal and re-build him as a big-bodied WR. Everything is there on paper- seems like he'd be a real beast to handle in a passing game that already features Megatron and TaterSalad. He'd have a lot of 1 on 1 coverage, mostly against CBs giving up 50 lbs on him...

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cameron Jordan would be a perfect fit for Lombardi's offense.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
still want Iupati ?

Five NFL players set to be wildly overpaid in free agency

Iupati entered the NFL like a star ready to be born back in 2010. He’s earned three Pro Bowl trips and All-Pro honors once in five seasons. Back in 2011, this former first-round pick actually graded out as the second-best run-blocking guard in the NFL according to official Pro Football Focus metrics. He was destined to become one of the great guards in league history.

Unfortunately for Iupati and the 49ers, he just hasn’t been the same since. His overall performance fell off the map back in 2013 prior to injuring his ankle in the NFC Championship game. A long recovery process during the offseason culminated in a horrendous performance this past year. Despite earning a phantom Pro Bowl honor, Iupati gave up seven sacks and 22 hurries from the guard position. Needless to say, that’s not indicative of an elite interior lineman. And while Iupati remains one of the best run-blocking guards in the NFL, that has to be cause for alarm.

Some say that the guard position is undervalued in the NFL today. This might very well be true, but we have seen some ridiculous cash thrown out to this position in free agency over the years. That’s likely going to be the case with Iupati, especially if teams look for him to regain his 2012 form.

Last edited by a moderator:

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had no idea that Stefen Wisniewski was also set to become a free agent.

All this talk about Hudson, and no mention of the Wis-ski? Hudson is definitely the better center, imo, but Wisnieski would be a great consolation prize.

I'd be ticked pink with either guy, to be honest...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CB Davon House of the Packers would be a good option. He's a big CB who is still young and has played pretty well the last two seasons. Can't have too many CBs, and this guy has proven he belongs in this league...

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suh is obviously the number 1 FA. But Warren Sapp should be #2.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about Corey Redding?

No. I'm dead serious about Sapp. If we retain Suh, I want Sapp. I know there's a better chance that I sign with the Lions than Sapp. But I would pay to see Suh beat the shit outta Sapp.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. I'm dead serious about Sapp. If we retain Suh, I want Sapp. I know there's a better chance that I sign with the Lions than Sapp. But I would pay to see Suh beat the shit outta Sapp.

I'm not so sure Sapp would go down easy like that... You know he's been keepin his pimp hand strong after retirement.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chiefs are reportedly releasing Donnie Avery. He's no stud, but I'd take a long look at bringing him in to compete for the 3rd or 4th spot. Ross certainly isn't a lock for next year- bring on some competition. Avery is a burner who has had some fair (not great) production during his career. I'd take him over Ross straight-up.

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chiefs are reportedly releasing Donnie Avery. He's no stud, but I'd take a long look at bringing him in to compete for the 3rd or 4th spot. Ross certainly isn't a lock for next year- bring on some competition. Avery is a burner who has had some fair (not great) production during his career. I'd take him over Ross straight-up.

The Lions would need the better part of four practice fields and two college dorms to be able to accommodate the number of players that a training camp run by you would require.

Avery certainly isn't a #3 and you have Jones coming off of IR this year. Avery isn't a special teams contributor, which is what kept Ross on the roster in 2014. Avery offers zero upside and his mere presence at camp means less reps and playing time for younger players with upside.

Did D. Bowe even had a TD reception in 2014 for the Chiefs? He's their #1 WR and still Avery isn't good enough to retain a roster spot? I will take any UDFA WR for a camp spot over Avery. He is a zero value proposition.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention some s
The Lions would need the better part of four practice fields and two college dorms to be able to accommodate the number of players that a training camp run by you would require.
Not to mention a abundance of tires.

Avery stretches the field. They got the Hokie for that. I am for replacing Ross though.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name 3 WRs on our team with better production over the last two years (or over the course of their respective careers).

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Avery more a slot guy? Being a slot guy or as they said he and Tate played similar roles was reasons Broyles apparently never saw the field. Figure another big body WR is more needed.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name 3 WRs on our team with better production over the last two years (or over the course of their respective careers).

IMO any 3rd WR would have same production with Stafford. He has a obvious pecking order. Seems in Lombardi's scheme a good receiving TE and RB are more important than the 3rd WR or just maybe it is as I mentioned. Matt has is pecking order.

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why?? Good grief why should I have too? You think a soon to be 31 year old career journeyman back up WR should be brought in for a look? No way.