• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Commish

Texas Rangers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would a team NOT jump on the $20M posting fee? Even if you don't want to sign the guy, you may jack up the price that the team that signs him has to pay.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rakutan Golden Eagles may not post Masahiro Tanaka in light of the new posting system, they view Tanaka worth way more than the 20 million max posting fee which is way less than the 75 million he was thought to have netted in the old system

Article on MLBTR

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rakutan Golden Eagles may not post Masahiro Tanaka in light of the new posting system, they view Tanaka worth way more than the 20 million max posting fee which is way less than the 75 million he was thought to have netted in the old system

Article on MLBTR

:doh:

wulp

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umm so yeah interesting topics being discussed especially about child trafficking. Really if I could, I would take great joy in shooting all those sick bastards dead and having a party afterward. I don't get why people would be involved in something like this. I've read Thailand is a pretty big hotbed for that crap and those kids coming here or to the west in general. But yes unfortunately it happens in every country and a lot more than we may want to think and believe.

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Article on MLBTR

They'll post him, or run the risk of him leaving without compensation in a few years.

But, I didn't see why NPB would agree to a max bid system. I know they wanted to allow the player more freedom in choosing where he plays, but a system where the team sets a bid price, and the player can negotiate with whoever meets that bid, made more sense for NPB. They must have been fearful of teams bidding outrageously in bad faith

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umm so yeah interesting topics being discussed especially about child trafficking. Really if I could, I would take great joy in shooting all those sick bastards dead and having a party afterward. I don't get why people would be involved in something like this. I've read Thailand is a pretty big hotbed for that crap and those kids coming here or to the west in general. But yes unfortunately it happens in every country and a lot more than we may want to think and believe.

"Mr. BMurph why did you feel the need to shoot the "sick bastard, child trafficking scumbag" 26 times. My reply " I only had two magazines on me".

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the big events like Super Bowl Week, NCAA tournament, Bowl Games...

World Wide the worst is during the World Cup. The FBI knows it's happening but they are nearly powerless to stop it, because the demand is so high. That's what grosses me out the most. People know they are contributing to this and don't give a damn.

people contributing, you mean fans buying tickets?! You're right, not enough people know about this
Ugh...it makes me sick, almost literally

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
people contributing, you mean fans buying tickets?! You're right, not enough people know about this

This wasn't proven but during the whole Penn State scandal a few years ago with Sandusky, there was a lot of rumors that Sandusky would gather around a bunch of kids and not only prey on them but would involve a lot of rich, older, powerful alumni guys and you know the rest of the story. When I heard that I wished nothing but ill will on that football program til the end of time.

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the big events like Super Bowl Week, NCAA tournament, Bowl Games...

World Wide the worst is during the World Cup. The FBI knows it's happening but they are nearly powerless to stop it, because the demand is so high. That's what grosses me out the most. People know they are contributing to this and don't give a damn.

Makes me less excited that the final four is in Arlington this year

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, I mean the sick fucks that frequent them. I know in Houston it happened a lot in the port. They would be hidden away in conex trailers in the middle of nowhere. The movie Taken honestly isn't that far off when it comes to how people are abducted.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously tho these topics really makes me pissed off and give me a bad mood. I don't understand how people can be so evil and heartless in this world. Just makes me real sad and sick.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This wasn't proven but during the whole Penn State scandal a few years ago with Sandusky, there was a lot of rumors that Sandusky would gather around a bunch of kids and not only prey on them but would involve a lot of rich, older, powerful alumni guys and you know the rest of the story. When I heard that I wished nothing but ill will on that football program til the end of time.

Another twisted disgusting waste of a human being that I'd like nothing more than to blow his brains from here to "kingdom come".

There I'm done now

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I mean the sick fucks that frequent them. I know in Houston it happened a lot in the port. They would be hidden away in conex trailers in the middle of nowhere. The movie Taken honestly isn't that far off when it comes to how people are abducted.

City officials turn blindly during mega events bc they'll point to increased hotel occupancy and local business revinue.

Child runaways are the victim de jour for vultures like that.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winston will face no criminal charges per the investigation.

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JD needs to hurry and make a move, so we can dissect something besides the underbelly of human exploitation.

Status
Not open for further replies.