• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This certainly has been a crazy thing to watch this off season

Anyone thinks Cano turns down more money to stay in NYC?
I always doubt it, but what if he did
wow

I don't want him to go to Seattle and make them better but he takes the money. No chance he takes 70 million and less years for the Yankees

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's her right to do so. If the state didn't think they had enough evidence to convict, I don't know how well she well fare in a civil court.

Many times a case can and is won in civil court, where criminally they even have been acquitted. Take OJ as the perfect example.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
darryl, why did you give me a thumbs down in the post about the children, many posters here were/are upset about it?

was it a mistake?

My apologies, clearly. I corrected it and am indeed embarrassed. I'm on an iPad and was literally thumbing threw the comments. Again my apologies.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many times a case can and is won in civil court, where criminally they even have been acquitted. Take OJ as the perfect example.

There was plenty of evidence to convict OJ. The prosecutors were criminally inept.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd give Canon $20 million a year, but definitely not for 10 years.

It seems the M's are determined to make a splash and put themselves on the FA map for the future. They're willing to overpay it looks like to me.

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never even noticed the thumbs up/down thing on this site.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems the M's are determined to make a splash and put themselves on the FA map for the future. They're willing to overpay it looks like to me.

They'll end up giving him 25 million for 10 years to go to Seattle, crazy but they will have to and he will take it

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My apologies, clearly. I corrected it and am indeed embarrassed. I'm on an iPad and was literally thumbing threw the comments. Again my apologies.

Simple mistake, don't think any of us including lainey thought you felt that way. No worries

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just heard...

RIP

Apartheid was a truly awful practice, but make no mistake, the true Nelson Mandela was not a saint. He endorsed the public execution practice of "necklacing" in South Africa. History is written by the winners, so he his written as a great humanitarian. He was just another in a long line of communist revolutionaries that is remembered fondly for the wrong reasons.

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apartheid was a truly awful practice, but make no mistake, the true Nelson Mandela was not a saint. He endorsed the public execution practice of "necklacing" in South Africa. History is written by the winners, so he his written as a great humanitarian. He was just another in a long line of communist revolutionaries that is remembered fondly for the wrong reasons.

I had to look up what necklacing was...wish I hadnt

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had to look up what necklacing was...wish I hadnt

Those who believe in and espouse redemptive violence are not who think of as saintly. I just cannot place Mandela in the same company as Gandhi for that reason. I don't even think you have to be a pacifist, but torture and public execution are so far on the other end of the spectrum that it's rather silly.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew that was a mistake. I accidently gave Rev one and indeed never meant to. I apologized and he was understanding as I know Lainey is too. The people on here are not candidates for thumb downs. I have given some to obvious trolls but never any regs. here. I was very embarrassed when it happened but thats what makes people like Lainey and Rev ok folks. They understand.

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thumbs down this comment. I want to know what happens

Status
Not open for further replies.