• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers 2024-2025 Offseason Thread

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think CY will sign Eovaldi, which will put us in a budget crunch.

We will try to get lucky on 8th and 9th inning guys, maybe even Yates and Robertson again, but the rest of the bullpen will be put together with spit and chewing gum. It is the JD way that has been slightly tweaked by CY.

They will trust improved health from Carter and Jung, and turnaround seasons from Heim, Semien and Garcia to make a huge difference, offensively. I expect one or both of Jankowski and Grossman to be back.

I want them to take a completely different approach, but I know they will not see it anywhere close to the same as I do.
hopefully by no later than the trade deadline of the 2026 season we have gotten rid of deGrom. Mahle. Heim, Lowe, Garcia, Semien, Seager & others, Stopped pursuing high dollar free agents and are concentrating on building a team of nothing but our home-grown crop of players

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hopefully by no later than the trade deadline of the 2026 season we have gotten rid of deGrom. Mahle. Heim, Lowe, Garcia, Semien, Seager & others, Stopped pursuing high dollar free agents and are concentrating on building a team of nothing but our home-grown crop of players
And when have they ever done that. They don’t have a history of producing their own home grown talent.

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would you throw the babies out with the bath water? That wouldn't be too smart. You have to have the right mix.

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would you throw the babies out with the bath water? That wouldn't be too smart. You have to have the right mix.
i didn't know i was throwing any babies out with the bath waters, we could open with this

2026 SP's: Rocker, Leiter, Bradford, Teodo, Santos and/or Rosario

RP: Pennington. Sborz, Hales, Magdaleno, Bratt, Curry. Church, Wolfram, Acker, Porter

Position: C Huff, C Moore, 1B Ortiz, 1B Crim, 2B Vargas, 2B Duran, SS Walcott, SS Smith, 3b Jung, LF Langford, CF Carter, RF Osuna, OF Harris

now i'm not an expert but it seems like a solid team to me. but i will accept any feedback

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i didn't know i was throwing any babies out with the bath waters, we could open with this

2026 SP's: Rocker, Leiter, Bradford, Teodo, Santos and/or Rosario

RP: Pennington. Sborz, Hales, Magdaleno, Bratt, Curry. Church, Wolfram, Acker, Porter

Position: C Huff, C Moore, 1B Ortiz, 1B Crim, 2B Vargas, 2B Duran, SS Walcott, SS Smith, 3b Jung, LF Langford, CF Carter, RF Osuna, OF Harris

now i'm not an expert but it seems like a solid team to me. but i will accept any feedback
When you trade away all of the other guys the return better be better than several of those guys you list. If facr, you would probably get at least 8 or 9 players back in the combined deals that should be better that almost all of the position players outside of Langford and possibly Carter and Jung.

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you trade away all of the other guys the return better be better than several of those guys you list. If facr, you would probably get at least 8 or 9 players back in the combined deals that should be better that almost all of the position players outside of Langford and possibly Carter and Jung.
excellent point. it was difficult to figure what might be the return so i went strictly with what we had down on the farm. you are correct that some of the returns might be better

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read where the famous Kirk Gibson World Series HR and the Grand Slam last night for Freeman were both hit at 8:37 PM Pacific time, 36 years apart.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last two nights combined, Osuna has went 2 for 5 with 3 walks. Weems had a really good relief outing and here is Josh Stephan's line.

Screenshot_20241026_224925_Samsung Internet.jpg

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read where the famous Kirk Gibson World Series HR and the Grand Slam last night for Freeman were both hit at 8:37 PM Pacific time, 36 years apart.
and supposedly landed within the same general area in the stands. both came with 2 outs and both rallies started with a walk

Last edited:

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keith Law reported on some of the players he saw in the AFL recently. He had this to say about Alejandro Osuna:

Osuna had something of a breakout season this year, repeating High A and then hitting .306/.379/.523 in 57 games in Double A, without a clear plus tool in his skillset. He does get the bat to the ball pretty frequently and has shown solid plate coverage in the Fall League, with a very fast bat and a really simple, repeatable swing that lines up with the high-contact results.

He doesn’t walk much but I did see him work the count well and lay off pitches aimed at getting him to chase. He might be a tweener, lacking the power for a corner or the speed/defense for center, but the hit tool is good enough to keep him in play as a potential regular.

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MLBTR is saying that San Diego and Tampa Bay will be looking for a catcher.

there are several teams looking for a 1Bman: Arizona, Houston, Minnesota, NYMets, NYYankees, Pittsburgh, Seattle & St Louis