• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya beat me too it! This could be good news

Hopefully the rangers are in close communication with him. He really would be an ideal stop gap. Since the Royals were the only team willing to go to three years, the rangers might snag him with two with a third year iron.

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our country is not perfect but I would hate to live somewhere where you feel trapped like that. And I am not just talking about being able to do something as simple as playing baseball but to be in a poverty stricken situation or a place where life is cheap and you literally have to fear for your well being.

We have places like that in America

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the reading I've done, I can tell you the Royals fans are probably happy with this, they didn't want to spend the money on Beltran.

Assuming they are out on Beltran

Not a bad pickup for the Royals as Aoki makes contact and is less than $2 mill.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now you are nit picking. Listen to someone talk about what it is like in India in the area the movie Slumdog Millionaire refers to. Or a country in the middle of a genocide. I could go on but I am not trying to bum anyone out.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now you are nit picking. Listen to someone talk about what it is like in India in the area the movie Slumdog Millionaire refers to. Or a country in the middle of a genocide. I could go on but I am not trying to bum anyone out.
It's what I call looking for fly specks in the pepper.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got a call from UNT stating they are closing at 1:00 PM today and all day tomorrow. My son had a big computer test today at 5 so I know he will be pumped.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got a call from UNT stating they are closing at 1:00 PM today and all day tomorrow. My son had a big computer test today at 5 so I know he will be pumped.
Man have times changed. Never considered that when I went there. We got make up test if we didn't get there in bad conditions but didn't close.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When I was at UNT there were days where it was begging for school to close early etc but the decision makers at that time were new and some were from the North and therefore school never closed from what I remember. And this wasn't too long ago either.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I was at UNT there were days where it was begging for school to close early etc but the decision makers at that time were new and some were from the North and therefore school never closed from what I remember. And this wasn't too long ago either.

That's nothing. When I was in school I walked a mile to school in the snow uphill both ways. LOL At least that is what I tell my kids.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's nothing. When I was in school I walked a mile to school in the snow uphill both ways. LOL At least that is what I tell my kids.

Did you have anything to keep you warm?

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's what I call looking for fly specks in the pepper.

Idk DT, we do have a huge sex trafficking problem in our country. Every major sporting event sees innocent teenagers shipped in from all over the world to be used and abused by American men who are more than willing to pay too dollar to have sex with children/very young teens. To me that's not specks in a fly shaker. It's a huge issue facing our country and world. The problem is the lack of press about it.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk DT, we do have a huge sex trafficking problem in our country. Every major sporting event sees innocent teenagers shipped in from all over the world to be used and abused by American men who are more than willing to pay too dollar to have sex with children/very young teens. To me that's not specks in a fly shaker. It's a huge issue facing our country and world. The problem is the lack of press about it.

How the hell would you even get involved in something like that? :tsk:

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've been fascinated by the Dharavi slum in Mumbai for a while now, it has a violent crime rate much lower than American cities like Detriot. A shockingly high recycling rate and fairly low unemployment considering the living conditions.

It's apples to oranges to compare USA to Darfur or Ciudad Juarez, but America has its fair share of human exploitation and violence.

...On to lighter things...

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How the hell would you even get involved in something like that? :tsk:

You get kidnapped. Kids are abducted and sold into slavery. A lot of the time they lie to young teens and offer to to put them in movies or make them models. Then they get the kids addicted to drugs and will only give them more drugs if they have sex with people for money. It's seriously one of the worst social justice issues our world is facing today.

I know this is a sports forum but any awareness is good for the End it Movement. END IT : Shine a Light on Slavery

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been fascinated by the Dharavi slum in Mumbai for a while now, it has a violent crime rate much lower than American cities like Detriot. A shockingly high recycling rate and fairly low unemployment considering the living conditions.

It's apples to oranges to compare USA to Darfur or Ciudad Juarez, but America has its fair share of human exploitation and violence.

...On to lighter things...

You are spot on there. It's crazy how certain parts of America look no different than the awful far away places we see on the news.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're correct. But just like in many, if not most, countries it isn't everywhere within their boundaries.

Example: Guy I once worked with met, then married a lovely Colombian lady and they have lived happily and well in Medelli for about 6 years. He says that 85% of Medelli is lovely and safe, and the other 15% is no man's land and to be avoided at all cost. He compared it to going to St Louis, and then deciding to go over to E St Lou to have some fun.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You get kidnapped. Kids are abducted and sold into slavery. A lot of the time they lie to young teens and offer to to put them in movies or make them models. Then they get the kids addicted to drugs and will only give them more drugs if they have sex with people for money. It's seriously one of the worst social justice issues our world is facing today.

I know this is a sports forum but any awareness is good for the End it Movement. END IT : Shine a Light on Slavery

It also happens when poor families think they have their kids a way to get somewhere better. People lie to them and then sell them into forced labor as well. It doesn't always have to be sex slavery. It can be the sweat shop variety where they are not paid.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are spot on there. It's crazy how certain parts of America look no different than the awful far away places we see on the news.

You ever been to Newark? If you ever get the chance to go, don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.