• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about you guys but I would be totally cool if you just got Nap and Cruz back as far as offensive upgrades they could both DH some and Cruz could play LF or RF some and Nap could fill in at 1B some so it adds some depth too. Also, I am not sure, I thought I heard Naps catching days are over but if not, he would be a good back up and already has good rapport with our pitchers. Again, that's if he can catch. That would make the line up something like this:

1. Martin, CF
2. Andrus, SS
3. Prince, 1B (I would prefer Prince 4 and Beltre 3)
4. Beltre, 3B
5. Cruz, LF
6. Nap, DH
7. Rios, RF
8. Soto, C
9. Profar, 2B

or some variation of that. Seriously doubt this happens but it seems like it would be doable and affordable to me. I still think we are going to trade for something big soon, I think Choice is just a piece for that trade but maybe I am wrong.

Napoli would be an emergency catcher only

napoli is a much better fielder than fielder, so I don't see fielder on the field for long in that setup

and I could live with cruz in LF, but it could get ugly quick out there

Martin's lack of walks and OBP will kill us in the leadoff spot

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Rev needs some meds. LOL Just kidding. But seriously about a month or so ago I posted quit spending money on all this cosmetic garbage on the stadium. In fact undo what was done last year to bring the jet stream back. It was a part of what made the stadium special. If any money is to be spent on the stadium use it to put a roof on. Spend the money on the product that will be put out on the field!!! Who cares how nice something looks while we watch someone else win our division!!! Just think of the famous quote from the movie Network: "I'm mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!" Okay, I am alright now. Sort of.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone know what kind of contract Ubaldo is hoping to get? He still intrigues me some because when he is on his stuff is nasty. But I was not sure if he was asking for too much.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Angels could probably put a package together based around Trumbo. That would scare me.

For Price? HA!
Going to take more than just Trumbo....and they have NO farm system.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not worth trading a possible future star for several years for 2 years of price.

That being said............ Smoak for Lee was worth it - at the time of the transaction. No?

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mmmmm bacon and cornmeal pancakes....my day just got off to a good start.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yu, Perez & Alfaro... IMO

I remember the Decker hotdogs back in the day being the shit.
Course, I was a young lad.....so maybe that had something to do with it.

I think people would gladly pay more for a better quality product. Nathan's would be amazing.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nutrigrain bar and some peanuts
I hate you

Don't hate me Lainey. I cook a lot. Not only do I know lots about the Rangers, I am a damn good cook. If only those two things could intersect in some life altering job...A GM special assistant/cook haha.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about you guys but I would be totally cool if you just got Nap and Cruz back as far as offensive upgrades they could both DH some and Cruz could play LF or RF some and Nap could fill in at 1B some so it adds some depth too. Also, I am not sure, I thought I heard Naps catching days are over but if not, he would be a good back up and already has good rapport with our pitchers. Again, that's if he can catch. That would make the line up something like this:

1. Martin, CF
2. Andrus, SS
3. Prince, 1B (I would prefer Prince 4 and Beltre 3)
4. Beltre, 3B
5. Cruz, LF
6. Nap, DH
7. Rios, RF
8. Soto, C
9. Profar, 2B

or some variation of that. Seriously doubt this happens but it seems like it would be doable and affordable to me. I still think we are going to trade for something big soon, I think Choice is just a piece for that trade but maybe I am wrong.

I think Rios would be moved to left, can't see Cruz there. But as it stands right now, I'd just be happy to have Cruz back, I'm great with having Napoli back, but we would have to have some protection, in case his AVN starts to progress.

Assuming this could be a line-up, that lead off position is tough. Wash says Martin will start there (not sure if that actually means anything)...but I worry about Martin being the only option to lead off.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Choice is glad to be back in Texas and is excited about it. He was asked if it would be too much pressure being home, and he shrugged it off and called it familiar.

I hope that is true, because the headcase known as Chris Davis wasn't even from the Dallas area, but crippled under the pressure. Can you imagine him playing in Boston or New York? The dude would have crapped his pants. Longview isn't exactly what I would call local anyway, so that whole narrative to this day bugs the absolute crap outta me about Davis.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the weather gets bad tomorrow, like they are predicting, and you have to get out in it, please be careful. We need everybody on this board to be here for the start of the season.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't hate me Lainey. I cook a lot. Not only do I know lots about the Rangers, I am a damn good cook. If only those two things could intersect in some life altering job...A GM special assistant/cook haha.

I'm sure Mrs Daniels has a cook with 3 little ones, or maybe she could use one.
Get in there Rev! Then, your casual talk with JD leads to employment with the F.O.

Bam.

(I can cook, but we are traveling so it's not the same, even though there is a kitchen...and this morning's breakfast didn't look so hot)
that's my excuse.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure Mrs Daniels has a cook with 3 little ones, or maybe she could use one.
Get in there Rev! Then, your casual talk with JD leads to employment with the F.O.

Bam.

(I can cook, but we are traveling so it's not the same, even though there is a kitchen...and this morning's breakfast didn't look so hot)
that's my excuse.

I used to have a nutrigrain bar every morning before class on year in college. Oddly enough that was my most fit year in my life. Even forced my self to eat yogurt...BLEH

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the weather gets bad tomorrow, like they are predicting, and you have to get out in it, please be careful. We need everybody on this board to be here for the start of the season.

It's been a mess where I'm at, ice....for a couple days.

so yes be safe folks

Status
Not open for further replies.