• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they'd move the needle one bit for Tampa.

Plus, LAA is in real trouble. Bullpen is terrible. Rotation is terrible. and the farm is non-existent. And they still have the Albertross for 8 years with increasing salary.

It would if they included Trumbo.

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would if they included Trumbo.

maybe, but it doesn't fit with their recent trading model. When they dealt Garza and Shields they targeted players with no service time. They got 2 players with any service time, and one of them had like 7 MLB innings under his belt.

Trading 2 years of Price and only getting 3 years of Trumbo and scraps would be a disappointment for Tampa...but, ya never know.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would we trade for him, but not sign him when he becomes a FA? I'm not questioning the report. I just don't understand why we wouldn't sign now, when we wouldn't have to give up any players.

it doesn't make any sense

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I would rather have Arencibia than Suzuki. There's a chance JP would progress for a new team. You know what you're going to get form Suzuki.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's play crazy ass GM right now

Trade: Send Derek Holland and Mitch Moreland to Toronto for Edwin Encarnacion.(Cause we don't want any white guys on our team dammit!)

Trade: Send Profar and LuJack to Tampa for Price. (you promise Price all the proactiv he can get his hands on if he extends)

Free Agent: Sign Cano (Tell Jay-Z that he sucks ass and Cano gets 7 years 175 and also tell him that Blue Ivy is a retarded ass name for a child)

Trade 3: Trade the Round Rock franchise back to Houston for Jason Castro. (not the players, but the stadium and name)

Stadium changes: Fix the jet stream and have a switch installed to it to only work when Texas is batting, and also find a new meat, because Nolan meat is overrated.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Rev - I like your last 2 ideas the best. Get the damn jet stream back, and get rid of those nasty $1 hot dogs.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pudge should spend all of his extra time with Alfaro. Benji has his hands full teaching the big leaguers to run the bases. Ha ha

Ha, forgot about Benjie
a catcher as a first base coach actually does make a lot of sense

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's play crazy ass GM right now

Trade: Send Derek Holland and Mitch Moreland to Toronto for Edwin Encarnacion.(Cause we don't want any white guys on our team dammit!)

Trade: Send Profar and LuJack to Tampa for Price. (you promise Price all the proactiv he can get his hands on if he extends)

Free Agent: Sign Cano (Tell Jay-Z that he sucks ass and Cano gets 7 years 175 and also tell him that Blue Ivy is a retarded ass name for a child)

Trade 3: Trade the Round Rock franchise back to Houston for Jason Castro. (not the players, but the stadium and name)

Stadium changes: Fix the jet stream and have a switch installed to it to only work when Texas is batting, and also find a new meat, because Nolan meat is overrated.

#rosterbation

The Commish

Texas Rangers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would we trade for him, but not sign him when he becomes a FA? I'm not questioning the report. I just don't understand why we wouldn't sign now, when we wouldn't have to give up any players.

I think the full quote makes a bit more sense...
The Rangers had serious trade discussions with the Blue Jays about catcher J.P. Arencibia before he was non-tendered on Monday, according to industry sources.
A trade was close to being completed but the Rangers were reluctant to add another arbitration-eligible player. The Rangers were willing to do a trade if Arencibia was willing to agree to a contract that would have avoided arbitration. But it never got worked out and now Arencibia, who hit .194 last year, is another free agent under consideration.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about you guys but I would be totally cool if you just got Nap and Cruz back as far as offensive upgrades they could both DH some and Cruz could play LF or RF some and Nap could fill in at 1B some so it adds some depth too. Also, I am not sure, I thought I heard Naps catching days are over but if not, he would be a good back up and already has good rapport with our pitchers. Again, that's if he can catch. That would make the line up something like this:

1. Martin, CF
2. Andrus, SS
3. Prince, 1B (I would prefer Prince 4 and Beltre 3)
4. Beltre, 3B
5. Cruz, LF
6. Nap, DH
7. Rios, RF
8. Soto, C
9. Profar, 2B

or some variation of that. Seriously doubt this happens but it seems like it would be doable and affordable to me. I still think we are going to trade for something big soon, I think Choice is just a piece for that trade but maybe I am wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.