• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope you are right but we can't count on it. Ogando will be in the pen IMO. So do we need to start paying more attention to the rotation. I think we do.

I'm just making fun of the litany of articles that come out right before ST where every athlete is in the best shape of their respective lives...I do think that Harrison will be fully healthy to start Spring, after that its a gamble as it is with any pitcher.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surely they don't want him for just two years.

The article says only if they sign Cano. Cano and Price don't make the contenders. They will screw themselves just like the Angels. In 2 years Price would be gone, and Cano in 3. Plus they're talking about including Taijuan Walker.

The Angels could probably put a package together based around Trumbo. That would scare me.

Last edited by a moderator:

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now the Mariners are interested in Price! How did they fall into so much money?

Seattle has the funds and they're a good market. They have very wealthy owners. They've never shied away from spending money. It's just their FA signings haven't worked out like a Figgins etc. Seattle isn't far away from being contenders in our division IMO.

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The article says only if they sign Cano. Cano and Price don't make the contenders. They will screw themselves just like the Angels. In 2 years Price would be gone, and Cano in 3. Plus they're talking about including Taijuan Walker.

The Angels could probably put a package together based around Trumbo. That would scare me.

Angels trade for Price? no chance. Their farm system is abysmal. If Texas was to trade it's top 10 prospects, we'd still have a better farm than LAA.

I really wish Texas could end up with Trumbo.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

True there. But I never considered Seattle a large market team. Surprised they have this money to trump the Yankees on Cano. And they did try for Hamilton last year. A TV deal of their own?

Sorry, just say your post Refugee.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Price goes to someone in our division I hope it happens sooner rather than later because I think it would force JD to spend.

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle has the funds and they're a good market. They have very wealthy owners. They've never shied away from spending money. It's just their FA signings haven't worked out like a Figgins etc. Seattle isn't far away from being contenders in our division IMO.

They've also failed to develop any sort of offensive player, besides maybe Seager...and he's only good against Texas.

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True there. But I never considered Seattle a large market team. Surprised they have this money to trump the Yankees on Cano. And they did try for Hamilton last year. A TV deal of their own?

Nintendo owns Seattle. They can print money.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Angels trade for Price? no chance. Their farm system is abysmal. If Texas was to trade it's top 10 prospects, we'd still have a better farm than LAA.

I really wish Texas could end up with Trumbo.

They don't have to trade much of their farm. They brought up talent last year that they could send along with Trumbo. Trumbo is better than anything we would offer.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just learned some interesting news. Now to avoid confusion, at the start of every offseason, the front office sit down and talk about around 3 "untouchables" in the organization. Now, I've never been allowed to know who is untouchable, I'm just allowed to know who he would rather keep, for example luke jackson. So now that that is out of the way, here is the news.

The pirates contacted us about a potential blockbuster yesterday for one of our untouchables that would have sent josh bell (jesuit grad local boy) back to texas. That's all I was told.

Edit: Oh and they were immediately turned down. So its over now, but they asked us about it at least.

Who wants to guess who the 3 untouchables are?
here's mine
Yu, Profar, Perez

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don't have to trade much of their farm. They brought up talent last year that they could send along with Trumbo. Trumbo is better than anything we would offer.

I agree Trumbo is a beast, but who else would they trade with him? They don't have any pitching prospects.

Plus, Trumbo is arb eligible and that goes against TB's M.O.

edit: I don't see why they'd trade 2 years of price for 3 years of Trumbo and garbage prospects

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who wants to guess who the 3 untouchables are?
here's mine
Yu, Profar, Perez

Profar, Perez, and Thad Levine. hahah edit: Alfaro is probably the third.

YU is unmentionable, much less untouchable.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:nod:Screw price lets spend 300 million on kershaw

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Trumbo is a beast, but who else would they trade with him? They don't have any pitching prospects.

Plus, Trumbo is arb eligible and that goes against TB's M.O.

edit: I don't see why they'd trade 2 years of price for 3 years of Trumbo and garbage prospects

I can't remember some of their names but they brought some guys up that were producing at the end of the year last year.

They have Cowgill, Calhoun ,and Richards who could entice them.

Status
Not open for further replies.