• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He helps, but he's not going to put them over the top. He will be the 4th OFer there too.

I know, but we had different reactions to Beane saying that, you were relieved and I wanted to tell him to
F off, he's not winning anything

lol.

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are some very solid baseball people on this board, which makes it a little surprising so very few would trade unproven prospects (not talking about Profar) for a very proven starter like Price.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are some very solid baseball people on this board, which makes it a little surprising so very few would trade unproven prospects (not talking about Profar) for a very proven starter like Price.

Its not worth it for 2 years though. I think I would pull the trigger this very second if he wanted to sign an extension. But, as history as proven time and time again, once good pitchers hit the market we never sign them. hether its the ballpark or the weather idk. So thats why we wanted to lock up our core, and thats why we went all out for darvish. He was forced to negotiate with us, unlike US free agents. Its not worth trading a possible future star for several years for 2 years of price.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, just upgrading the elite talent up front

Well, it would be nice, I'm not going to argue that. But how many teams have two Aces
Dodgers, Detroit...then...?
in other words, it's great, but isn't necessary (and maybe you aren't saying that)

I'm happy to get a good 4 or 5

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not worth it for 2 years though. I think I would pull the trigger this very second if he wanted to sign an extension. But, as history as proven time and time again, once good pitchers hit the market we never sign them. hether its the ballpark or the weather idk. So thats why we wanted to lock up our core, and thats why we went all out for darvish. He was forced to negotiate with us, unlike US free agents. Its not worth trading a possible future star for several years for 2 years of price.

That 'possible future star' could be easily, and more likely, not pan out. I.e. Smoak. Beavan. Besides, what prospect does Texas have that is a can't miss guy?

This teams window, for all intents and purposes, is 2-4 years. Beltre Darvish years. So, why not add another legit #1 if it falls within that window? You'll get a pick if he leaves and, again, those prospects might never give you the value that 2 seasons of Price would. Considering where this team is on the win curve, I think you make the trade.

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And, as if to help my point, like you said FA aces never sign here, so the only way to acquire one is catching lightning like Darvish or via trade.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1.Darvish 2.Holland 3. Perez 4. ? 5. ? Some think Harrison is #4. I'm not sure after back surgeries. If he can't go, then 4/5 need consideration. What's in the cards. Perhaps Robbie? Don't know. What do you guys think?

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1.Darvish 2.Holland 3. Perez 4. ? 5. ? Some think Harrison is #4. I'm not sure after back surgeries. If he can't go, then 4/5 need consideration. What's in the cards. Perhaps Robbie? Don't know. What do you guys think?

Darvish. Holland. Harrison. Ogando. Perez. . . . Colby is in the mix if his hip allows

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darvish. Holland. Harrison. Ogando. Perez. . . . Colby is in the mix if his hip allows

pretty sure that Ogando is slated for the bullpen. and i would love to see Colby come back but i think he's a last resort

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm willing to bet that we'll be reading here in a month or two that Harrison is in the "best shape of his life" hahaha

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pretty sure that Ogando is slated for the bullpen. and i would love to see Colby come back but i think he's a last resort

you're probably right on Ogando, but I'd almost rather see Alexi starting than Colbyashi. I'm a sucker for power arms.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That 'possible future star' could be easily, and more likely, not pan out. I.e. Smoak. Beavan. Besides, what prospect does Texas have that is a can't miss guy?

This teams window, for all intents and purposes, is 2-4 years. Beltre Darvish years. So, why not add another legit #1 if it falls within that window? You'll get a pick if he leaves and, again, those prospects might never give you the value that 2 seasons of Price would. Considering where this team is on the win curve, I think you make the trade.

I've been against acquiring Price because I never thought he would sign an extension, but I've also said the same thing you mentioned about the window that we have here. Now my problem with getting him is we wouldn't have the pieces to trade for a bat. JD hasn't shown he's willing to overspend in FA. If I knew he was going to upgrade the line-up then I would say pull the trigger on Price. As the line-up stands right now, it should be the #1 priority. It is below average, and not a playoff caliber line-up.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now the Mariners are interested in Price! How did they fall into so much money?

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm willing to bet that we'll be reading here in a month or two that Harrison is in the "best shape of his life" hahaha
Hope you are right but we can't count on it. Ogando will be in the pen IMO. So do we need to start paying more attention to the rotation. I think we do.

Status
Not open for further replies.