• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't remember some of their names but they brought some guys up that were producing at the end of the year last year.

They have Cowgill, Calhoun ,and Richards who could entice them.

Shuck, Calhoun, Green...to name a few others......whoops, you mentioned Calhoun...

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shuck, Calhoun, Green...to name a few others.

I don't think they'd move the needle one bit for Tampa.

Plus, LAA is in real trouble. Bullpen is terrible. Rotation is terrible. and the farm is non-existent. And they still have the Albertross for 8 years with increasing salary.

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good grief! Pujols is due $23 million in 2014 with annual raise of $1 million per year until reaching $30 million in 2021 when he'll be a very generous 41 years old. That doesn't even include milestone bonuses.

Thank you Angels

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carlos Beltran free agency: Royals only contending team to offer 3rd year for OF - SBNation.com

"For the Royals to be able to afford the kind of contract that has been offered to Beltran, they would likely need to shed some payroll. The team's opening day payroll in 2013 stood at a franchise-high $81.8 million. The team currently owes around $61 million to players under contract in 2014, with MLB Trade Rumors estimating 10 arbitration-eligible players will receive a combined $25 million. Filling in the rest of the roster with league-minimum players would bring the team's current 2014 opening day payroll close to $90 million.

The Royals could make an effort to trade designated hitter Billy Butler, who is set to earn $8.5 million in 2014 and has an option for the 2015 season. Such a move could bring in another useful piece for next year's team while also opening up roster flexibility. Beltran could be used in the DH spot more as he continues to age. A three-year deal would cover his age-37, 38 and 39 seasons."

what would you trade for Butler?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good grief! Pujols is due $23 million in 2014 with annual raise of $1 million per year until reaching $30 million in 2021 when he'll be a very generous 41 years old. That doesn't even include milestone bonuses.

Thank you Angels

Lmao

Remember how angels fans were talking so much shit and we tried to tell them what a bad deal that was, but they couldn't grasp it? Wonder if they get it yet?

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmao

Remember how angels fans were talking so much shit and we tried to tell them what a bad deal that was, but they couldn't grasp it? Wonder if they get it yet?
Probably not.

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what would you trade for Butler?

I have a hard time seeing JD trading for Butler simply bc Wash likes to rotate DH to keep player fresh in the summer. And I don't think Butler even owns a glove.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to put Butler in the #5 hole.

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmao

I think it hit them when they had to start Blanton every 5 days.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a hard time seeing JD trading for Butler simply bc Wash likes to rotate DH to keep player fresh in the summer. And I don't think Butler even owns a glove.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to put Butler in the #5 hole.

I'd like to have him too
We could throw in Mitch, but I think they'll want a pitching prospect

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle has the funds and they're a good market. They have very wealthy owners. They've never shied away from spending money. It's just their FA signings haven't worked out like a Figgins etc. Seattle isn't far away from being contenders in our division IMO.

Agreed, they have the assets both financially and prospect wise to be contenders in short order

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmao

What is funny about it is that it was so obvious to everyone except many of the Angel fans. I even think some of the media bought into that signing and looked at it as the piece to push them ahead of the Rangers. The cost per year is bad enough but the kicker is the length of the contract at his age and with his physical issues.

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is funny about it is that it was so obvious to everyone except many of the Angel fans. I even think some of the media bought into that signing and looked at it as the piece to push them ahead of the Rangers. The cost per year is bad enough but the kicker is the length of the contract at his age and with his physical issues.

Albertross

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Only thing better than that was LAArchangel yelling is how much we'd regret the Beltre deal. :laugh3:

Status
Not open for further replies.