• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, I would bet 500 dollars that our offseason is not done, and that we're gonna make moves. I feel like everyone is just overreacting cuz of how big yesterday was. Relax. There are a lot of days ahead, and we haven't even gotten to the winter meetings yet. I mean, if you think about it, this is the very beginning of the offseason. JD will make moves. I assure you of that. Its not over. I'm basing this on conversations I've had AND based on last year's debacle. If you're stressed out about it, dont be stressed about him making a move period. Be stressed about WHICH move he makes

Well said.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you Romeo These Madden like trades are just crazy wishing.I think we are only going to be able to take on another 15 to 20 million more in salary's and that includes a catcher, a outfielder and another pitcher i'm guessing

What happened to the tv deal this year? Are we that strapped in cash?

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never once advocated signing Cano. In general there hasn't been a lot of talk about signing him

I feel like there is a difference. We've got our core locked up already and an established pitching rotation that, even though I personally don't think is great, is still better than what the angels have always had. Hamilton has always been a head case, and Pujols has been fighting injuries. Cano is always healthy and is very consistent. Hamilton has always been extremely streaky and a mental midget. But even if they were to hit slumps, our pitching is much better than the angels pitching, so we'd be okay. That's just my opinion about it.

But if we have to sign him for anymore than 185 million, screw that. There is no one in baseball not named clayton kershaw that I want for that much.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Billy Beane was asked about the trade and his response was: "we don't have the payroll to have a 5 year plan. We are in it to win it right now". Gentry helps them more this year than Michael Choice.

I already liked the trade, but this put me even more at ease.

I'm glad we could oblige them by helping them win now.

I understand what you're saying though, we netted a supposedly really good prospect.
Overall it's a good trade, hard to be excited about helping the A's do anything.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like there is a difference. We've got our core locked up already and an established pitching rotation that, even though I personally don't think is great, is still better than what the angels have always had. Hamilton has always been a head case, and Pujols has been fighting injuries. Cano is always healthy and is very consistent. Hamilton has always been extremely streaky and a mental midget. But even if they were to hit slumps, our pitching is much better than the angels pitching, so we'd be okay. That's just my opinion about it.

But if we have to sign him for anymore than 185 million, screw that. There is no one in baseball not named clayton kershaw that I want for that much.

Yeah if you are adding starting pitching. It better be a ACe IMO

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I know JD has to make moves so I wouldn't take that bet. I'm more worried that he goes into the year without upgrading as much as I know he needs to.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see us taking on another 25-30 million. The catcher position shouldn't hurt us too much. The majority of that cost well be wrapped up in another bat and pitcher. The Pitching may not even cost as much since he would be a #5.

Thank you! we just need a 5....we don't need an Ace.
It always seems like it's Ace or nothing...we have ONE

:gaah:

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Really? Not Cabrera, Trout, Votto, McCuthchen?

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just learned some interesting news. Now to avoid confusion, at the start of every offseason, the front office sit down and talk about around 3 "untouchables" in the organization. Now, I've never been allowed to know who is untouchable, I'm just allowed to know who he would rather keep, for example luke jackson. So now that that is out of the way, here is the news.

The pirates contacted us about a potential blockbuster yesterday for one of our untouchables that would have sent josh bell (jesuit grad local boy) back to texas. That's all I was told.

Edit: Oh and they were immediately turned down. So its over now, but they asked us about it at least.

Last edited by a moderator:

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad we could oblige them by helping them win now.

I understand what you're saying though, we netted a supposedly really good prospect.
Overall it's a good trade, hard to be excited about helping the A's do anything.

He helps, but he's not going to put them over the top. He will be the 4th OFer there too.

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he has another 1-2 years like he's had, he will get that much. He's only 27 and an MVP. He would be the hardest of the ones I named, but I think I would.

McCutch recently signed an extension through 2018 I think.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just learned some interesting news. Now to avoid confusion, at the start of every offseason, the front office sit down and talk about around 3 "untouchables" in the organization. Now, I've never been allowed to know who is untouchable, I'm just allowed to know who he would rather keep, for example luke jackson. So now that that is out of the way, here is the news.

The pirates contacted us about a potential blockbuster yesterday for one of our untouchables that would have sent josh bell (jesuit grad local boy) back to texas. That's all I was told.

I wonder why we would be interested in josh bell?

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think JD will deal Profar or Perez. They're his international FA prizes.

Status
Not open for further replies.