• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All doom and gloom on ESPN. The narrative is that JD won't do anything else and is unwilling to spend any more money. Also now the A's have widened the gap and Texas isn't keeping up with them.

How do people allow themselves to be so far detached from reality? Not a rhetorical question...Really am trying to figure that out that one.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All doom and gloom on ESPN. The narrative is that JD won't do anything else and is unwilling to spend any more money. Also now the A's have widened the gap and Texas isn't keeping up with them.

How do people allow themselves to be so far detached from reality? Not a rhetorical question...Really am trying to figure that out that one.

I'd be astounded if we went into 2014 with what we have now. Truly astounded.

So far, we've added about $4 mil to the bottom line with Prince. Right? And I know we've got 3/4 guys we've tendered contracts too (like Cotts) so this will raise our investment another few million at the end of the day.

What was the final tab for how much money we thought we could spend?

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romeo might have said it, but I said 3rd/y option as well, now...just give him three

Sorry Lainey, I must have missed your post as I have not kept up with everything. Definitely a good way to go though.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think JD is done yet, I just think he's done til the winter meetings lol. That's like 5 days though so

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

After the Fielder-Kinsler trade JD himself seemed all hyped up and stated that there would be more deals to be made. So all of us on this board had high expectations. JD had to expect that in order to get any tier 1 FAs it was going to cost. I am not saying be idiotic about it but just a few more pieces would sure help.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I KNOW lol it sucks because it was so busy yesterday and now today is like the hangover

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I KNOW lol it sucks because it was so busy yesterday and now today is like the hangover

I'm guessing your friend won't be in the loop since he won't be at the meetings himself?

parman4818

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'M pretty sure that we will make another splash or two before the season begin's.I know they will get a back up catcher and i think we will get a corner outfielder and JD will do his scrap heap signing on another pitcher.The winter meetings start next week and expect a few signings are trades will surface there.My wish list is Carlos Beltran,Kurt Suzuki and Daniel Hudson on a flyer to put with Colby Lewis and the winner will be our emergency starter and long man in the bullpen.I like the potential of Michael Choice and could see him be our extra outfielder and DH some against left handed pitching while Mitch DH'S against right handed pitching.I hope we don't trade for Price since we have three left handers already in our staff.I would much rather to try and put something together to get Shelby Miller from the Card's.You have to love the suspense waiting for the next deal to go down.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could trade Profar for Price, and Choice could be our LF. You wouldn't have to sign Choo if we signed Cano.

Which does not address the lack of power in the lineup problem and creates a hole at second base.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently the pirates have contacted us about Moreland.

parman4818

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's got Cano at 2nd

Why does everyone want us to sign Cano if we did we are going to be in the same boat as the Angel's and not being able to sign any players because we would have three or four player's that take up about a third of our payroll.Fielder,Beltre,Rios,Andrus and Darvish make a bundle and now you want us to add another 25 million dollar a season player no thanks.We are set up the middle for years to come with Andrus and Profar and in a few years we have a few players like Gallo,Alfaro,Guzman and Jackson that will be ready for the big show.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems that way but what does Billy Beane know that we don't? I had no idea Gentry would net this type prospect

Billy Beane was asked about the trade and his response was: "we don't have the payroll to have a 5 year plan. We are in it to win it right now". Gentry helps them more this year than Michael Choice.

I already liked the trade, but this put me even more at ease.

Status
Not open for further replies.