• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to have a nutrigrain bar every morning before class on year in college. Oddly enough that was my most fit year in my life. Even forced my self to eat yogurt...BLEH

yeah, the nutrigtrain bars were meant to be snacks, not breakfast.
Breakfast is my favorite meal, hence my hatred of you.

Yogurt is good in the summer, have a really hard time eating in it the winter.
Crap, now I'm hungry again

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone know what kind of contract Ubaldo is hoping to get? He still intrigues me some because when he is on his stuff is nasty. But I was not sure if he was asking for too much.

Can't find a lot out there about what he's asking, which is interesting, maybe I'm not looking hard enough

3/45? as a guess... that might be too low, with what pitchers seem to get

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't hate me Lainey. I cook a lot. Not only do I know lots about the Rangers, I am a damn good cook. If only those two things could intersect in some life altering job...A GM special assistant/cook haha.

That would be sweet. When I was a kid I would play strat-o-matic baseball all the time and I would keep stats on everything (pitchers and position players) and would think how great it would be to do this for a major league team.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I found this on Lonestarball
YIKES!!!!!

"Leonys Martin Tapanes seemed like yet another Cuban baseball player with tremendous promise when he signed a $15.5 million contract with the Texas Rangers in 2011.

But there apparently is a darker story behind Martin’s climb from poverty to Major League Baseball success.

The U.S. attorney’s office in Miami on Wednesday charged three people — Eliezer Lazo, 40, formerly of Miami Lakes, Joel Martinez Hernandez, 37, formerly of Miami-Dade, and Yilian Hernandez, 30, of Hialeah — with conspiring to smuggle, kidnap and extort the 25-year-old Rangers outfielder."

Feds charge trio with kidnapping, extorting Cuban ballplayer with Texas Rangers - Cuba - MiamiHerald.com

the whole article is interesting, and scary

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the weather gets bad tomorrow, like they are predicting, and you have to get out in it, please be careful. We need everybody on this board to be here for the start of the season.
Thanks Duane and you too.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm, 3 years/$39 mill. Interesting. I would have to think about that but I would want to see the pitcher he was the 2nd half of this past year and not the 1st half. Thanks lainey for the info.

yeah, he's definitely hard to peg with the ups and downs

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would we trade for him, but not sign him when he becomes a FA? I'm not questioning the report. I just don't understand why we wouldn't sign now, when we wouldn't have to give up any players.

because he was Arbitration eligible but probably only get around 600-650K. now as a FA he probably wants a multi-year deal at 1-3M a year which the Rangers aren't interested in

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I found this on Lonestarball
YIKES!!!!!

"Leonys Martin Tapanes seemed like yet another Cuban baseball player with tremendous promise when he signed a $15.5 million contract with the Texas Rangers in 2011.

But there apparently is a darker story behind Martin’s climb from poverty to Major League Baseball success.

The U.S. attorney’s office in Miami on Wednesday charged three people — Eliezer Lazo, 40, formerly of Miami Lakes, Joel Martinez Hernandez, 37, formerly of Miami-Dade, and Yilian Hernandez, 30, of Hialeah — with conspiring to smuggle, kidnap and extort the 25-year-old Rangers outfielder."

Feds charge trio with kidnapping, extorting Cuban ballplayer with Texas Rangers - Cuba - MiamiHerald.com

the whole article is interesting, and scary

Our country is not perfect but I would hate to live somewhere where you feel trapped like that. And I am not just talking about being able to do something as simple as playing baseball but to be in a poverty stricken situation or a place where life is cheap and you literally have to fear for your well being.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our country is not perfect but I would hate to live somewhere where you feel trapped like that. And I am not just talking about being able to do something as simple as playing baseball but to be in a poverty stricken situation or a place where life is cheap and you literally have to fear for your well being.

I know, horrid
Imagine we are worried about his hitting, and he's worried about being kidnapped or his family being harmed.
:L

Last edited by a moderator:

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, the nutrigtrain bars were meant to be snacks, not breakfast.
Breakfast is my favorite meal, hence my hatred of you.

Yogurt is good in the summer, have a really hard time eating in it the winter.
Crap, now I'm hungry again
If a nutrigrain bar did that for a sweet and loving Rev, wonder what it could do for Balfour and Colon? LOL

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
because he was Arbitration eligible but probably only get around 600-650K. now as a FA he probably wants a multi-year deal at 1-3M a year which the Rangers aren't interested in

Yes I know that, but you still keep a prospect and that can be more valuable than the chump change it will cost to get him.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a nutrigrain bar did that for a sweet and loving Rev, wonder what it could do for Balfour and Colon? LOL

I'll fancy a guess that Colon would not go near anything with the 'Nutri' and 'Grain' in it's title

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There goes the Braun idea. The Royals just acquired Aoki.

Interesting, I don't know how many Of'ers the Royals need, but I thought they were going all in for Beltran
huh.

I liked your idea about Braun, but I'm not surprised.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the reading I've done, I can tell you the Royals fans are probably happy with this, they didn't want to spend the money on Beltran.

Assuming they are out on Beltran

Status
Not open for further replies.