• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give me Ellsbury anyday...
Don't get me wrong, Beltran has been a beast...no way to Granderson
jmo

and you say yes to "I'm always hurt" Ellsbury?

Ellsbury is the Crawford contract all over again, without the durability

I can't see why anyone would pay good money for a doubles hitter that steals bases and is always hurt

Last edited by a moderator:

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and you say yes to "I'm always hurt" Ellsbury?

Ellsbury is the Crawford contract all over again, without the durability

I can't see why anyone would pay good money for a doubles hitter that steals bases and is always hurt

agree. beltran is way too old and we have enough doubles hitters and base stealers so we don't need Ellsbury. Granderson would bring the homers but so would Cruz so he would only be an option if Cruz doesn't re-sign

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree. beltran is way too old and we have enough doubles hitters and base stealers so we don't need Ellsbury. Granderson would bring the homers but so would Cruz so he would only be an option if Cruz doesn't re-sign

don't think elisbury fits the rangers.
nothing but respect for Beltran....is there a stat for clutch situations

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if the signing of Frasor - which I like - is a sign the Rangers are going to go with Ogando as a starter next season. Still some more dominoes to fall into place; like the signing of Cotts.

What is everyone's take on the resigning of Nathan or not?

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if the signing of Frasor - which I like - is a sign the Rangers are going to go with Ogando as a starter next season. Still some more dominoes to fall into place; like the signing of Cotts.

If we are truly going to upgrade the offense and he's telling the truth about what the budget is, then Nathan's money can be better spent on the offense

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

don't see Ogando being a starter. i think the Rangers look at him as being too fragile to hold up thru a 162 game season. i expect him and Feliz to both be in the pen and Nathan gone

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At 37+ I want no part

He's a switch hitter batting .289 over the past 5 years while averaging 26 HR's over the last 3 years. He still has a very good arm, and is without a doubt an upgrade in the line-up over any OF we have. If we could get him on a 1 year deal with an option, I think it would be a great signing. He would also be easy to move, if it didn't work out, to a playoff contender because of his playoff success.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't see Ogando being a starter. i think the Rangers look at him as being too fragile to hold up thru a 162 game season. i expect him and Feliz to both be in the pen and Nathan gone
Nothing more I can add to that. you're right on imo.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ross and Soria could get some competition from the minors too. You never know who is going to step up in ST
I'm not sure how Ross will work out. Just a bad feeling is all.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow...how bad are the Stars if Kari misses a game? That's scary...

They looked terrible. Night and day from last night. Down 1-0 after 15 seconds in the 2nd night of a back to back doesn't help. We had a chance to tie it immediately and Eakin blew it.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow...how bad are the Stars if Kari misses a game? That's scary...

They looked terrible. Night and day from last night. Down 1-0 after 15 seconds in the 2nd night of a back to back doesn't help. We had a chance to tie it immediately and Eakin blew it.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Feliz for sure is in the pen.

But I get the feeling that Garza is not part of the plan for next year. Someone's going to fill the #5 spot, and Ogando is inexpensive, and has been effective, although oft injured, in this spot. And maybe they will even take a look at Ross, who really wants to have a shot as a starter.

Just keeping the options open to see what's available and how JD chooses to allocate his budget.

Let me be clear, I'm not endorsing Ogando as a starter.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feliz for sure is in the pen.

But I get the feeling that Garza is not part of the plan for next year. Someone's going to fill the #5 spot, and Ogando is inexpensive, and has been effective, although oft injured, in this spot. And maybe they will even take a look at Ross, who really wants to have a shot as a starter.

Just keeping the options open to see what's available and how JD chooses to allocate his budget.

Let me be clear, I'm not endorsing Ogando as a starter.

i am beginning to doubt Garza's return but i also doubt that Ogando will be in the starter role

Status
Not open for further replies.