• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather have Choo

I might be a loyalty thing but I would actually prefer Cruz. That and I think Cruz's price tag will be substantially lower than Choo's. That being said I won;t cry too hard if they get Choo instead.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what do you guys think the odds are that we re-sign Cruz? Despite the PEDs thing he still seems to be getting some attention from several teams. I sure would like him to see him come back. I'm gonna miss Murph too but it was time. I honestly hope he he turns it around and rakes for the Indians though.

Hey Dude. Rather doubtful on Cruz right at the moment. It would have to wait after we find out about McCann and how much we have to dish out to sign him. Timing may not be to his Cruz' liking.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what do you guys think the odds are that we re-sign Cruz? Despite the PEDs thing he still seems to be getting some attention from several teams. I sure would like him to see him come back. I'm gonna miss Murph too but it was time. I honestly hope he he turns it around and rakes for the Indians though.

I have a feeling Cruz is JD's plan C or D. I could be wrong, but I have a feeling there's a few contingency plans before they come to Cruz with a contract.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Dude. Rather doubtful on Cruz right at the moment. It would have to wait after we find out about McCann and how much we have to dish out to sign him. Timing may not be to his Cruz' liking.

How you been Darryl? Yeah, that very well might be the approach they take with it but they sure wanted us to believe that we weren't going to go after McCann when they signed "Soto to be the number 1 catcher." But that might be even more of a reason to think they are going after him too. Some crazy ESPN writer thinks the Ranger might even go after Cano now... that seems pretty far fetched to me.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Choo solves several problems for us for sure.

Get us a catcher and Choo, we're in business.

What catcher are you thinking? McCann and choo both are pretty unlikely imo.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling Cruz is JD's plan C or D. I could be wrong, but I have a feeling there's a few contingency plans before they come to Cruz with a contract.

Yeah, I can see that too. I wouldn't even be shocked to see them go after Beltran. Or who knows maybe there is still some master plan to trade for Stanton still. I know they still like him and the Marlins could change there mind but I don't really see that happening any more.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How you been Darryl? Yeah, that very well might be the approach they take with it but they sure wanted us to believe that we weren't going to go after McCann when they signed "Soto to be the number 1 catcher." But that might be even more of a reason to think they are going after him too. Some crazy ESPN writer thinks the Ranger might even go after Cano now... that seems pretty far fetched to me.

Cano is far fetched. Sure liked that Miller for Profar trade that was going around though. Sure that was squelched with the trade for Prince. Still like to see them go after a pitcher.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The craziest and most off the wall scenario that will never happen (but a guy can dream):

1. Rangers trade Profar, 2 other top prospects, 1 mid level prospect, and some cash if it takes it for Stanton
2. Rangers break the bank on Cano

With no other additions that would make the line up be:

1. Andrus,SS
2. Cano, 2b
3. Fielder, 1b/DH
4. Beltre, 3d
5. Stanton, LF
6. Rios, RF
7. Martin, CF
8. Soto, C
9. Moreland/Gentry DH/1B/CF (or however this spot will work out)

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I can see that too. I wouldn't even be shocked to see them go after Beltran. Or who knows maybe there is still some master plan to trade for Stanton still. I know they still like him and the Marlins could change there mind but I don't really see that happening any more.

I don't think Stanton is happening. Marlins swear they don't want to move him, and any package that might acquire him would absolutely clean out our farm. Stanton is a generational player, but at what cost do you acquire him? Keep in mind he's not on the sand tier as trout.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The craziest and most off the wall scenario that will never happen (but a guy can dream):

1. Rangers trade Profar, 2 other top prospects, 1 mid level prospect, and some cash if it takes it for Stanton

1. Andrus,SS
2. Cano, 2b
3. Fielder, 1b/DH
4. Beltre, 3d
5. Stanton, LF
6. Rios, RF
7. Martin, CF
8. Soto, C

It's just as possible as the one I proposed, which was trade Profar + maybe 1 more for Shelby Miller and Tavares while signing Cano.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Andrus,SS
2. Cano, 2b
3. Fielder, 1b/DH
4. Beltre, 3d
5. Stanton, LF
6. Rios, RF
7. Martin, CF
8. Soto, C

Cano would be your #3 without question. Talk about going all in. :omg:

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a huge fan of Stanton and always have been. The problem is MIA isn't willing to trade him and wants to build around him. The asking price is just too high.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Stanton is happening. Marlins swear they don't want to move him, and any package that might acquire him would absolutely clean out our farm. Stanton is a generational player, but at what cost do you acquire him? Keep in mind he's not on the sand tier as trout.

Yeah, I agree... he really might not be worth the cleaning the farm out because it would really take that for sure. Not to mention, I really sort of like our outfield now even without Cruz (granted I want him back). Martin and Gentry in the OF could have some major benefits. Both are great table setters that case a bunch of disruption on the base paths too. Obviously I would prefer to have a top FA like Choo instead but even if that doesn't happen, the defense those two could provide would make up for some of the struggles that would come at the plate.

Plus I can see having Andrus and Rios at the top of the line up and Profar,Gentry, and Martin at the bottom as being a crazy speed line up they could roll out at times.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cano would be your #3 without question. Talk about going all in. :omg:

For sure he is the better hitter and should be in the 3 hole... but its my lineup and I say since Fielder is slower.. I want him in the 3 hole. Now that I typed this out it sounds dumb even to me though... I'll still send regardless.

For sure... this isn't happening... this is a desperation Angels type move but on players that are actually still in there prime.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I agree... he really might not be worth the cleaning the farm out because it would really take that for sure. Not to mention, I really sort of like our outfield now even without Cruz (granted I want him back). Martin and Gentry in the OF could have some major benefits. Both are great table setters that case a bunch of disruption on the base paths too. Obviously I would prefer to have a top FA like Choo instead but even if that doesn't happen, the defense those two could provide would make up for some of the struggles that would come at the plate.

Plus I can see having Andrus and Rios at the top of the line up and Profar,Gentry, and Martin at the bottom as being a crazy speed line up they could roll out at times.

That's true. Problem is, wash would waste all that speed by bunting and giving away outs.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I see that as a very weak line-up with easy outs. We did that last year and struggled.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For sure he is the better hitter and should be in the 3 hole... but its my lineup and I say since Fielder is slower.. I want him in the 3 hole. Now that I typed this out it sounds dumb even to me though... I'll still send regardless.

For sure... this isn't happening... this is a desperation Angels type move but on players that are actually still in there prime.

#3 should be your best hitter. That would be Cano.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't forget a possibility of Moreland in the outfield. They are gonna find a spot for him if he's still on the team. He won't get much playing time at first or DH, especially if they also sign McCann.

Status
Not open for further replies.