• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget a possibility of Moreland in the outfield. They are gonna find a spot for him if he's still on the team. He won't get much playing time at first or DH, especially if they also sign McCann.

I honestly can see Moreland as a piece of another trade of some sort. I can see the same thing for Gentry too. I can see the rangers trying to trade for a pitcher over using the FA market route and those are 2 decent MLB ready options.

I agree though, if they keep him... they will put him somewhere.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know what's going on with my internet.
I was just kidding around, I have had that happen to me here too.

You know I take back my Cano thing... if I had to pick anyone on the FA market right now it wouldn't be Cano or McCann. I would want Kershaw... I mean I might as well if I am not going to be realistic anyway.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just kidding around, I have had that happen to me here too.

You know I take back my Cano thing... if I had to pick anyone on the FA market right now it wouldn't be Cano or McCann. I would want Kershaw... I mean I might as well if I am not going to be realistic anyway.

One problem; he isn't a FA. Not until 15 that is. But we got your point.

I just read this and found it interesting. There are only 4 players over the past 4 years to be above five in wins above replacement, and Beltre is one em of. Others are Votto, Cano and Cabrera

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One problem; he isn't a FA. Not until 15 that is. But we got your point.

I just read this and found it interesting. There are only 4 players over the past 4 years to be above five in wins above replacement, and Beltre is one em of. Others are Votto, Cano and Cabrera

I suppose that is a huge problem. I thought he he was on the market this year... guess I will stick with my first outrageous scenario then. And no doubt Cano has always been very solid... I would be shocked if the Yankees let him walk but who know maybe the Angels will work up a $600M 15 year deal for him.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be wrong, but I don't see that happening.

Unfortunately I think you're right. Someone is going to make an over-the-top offer he can't refuse and he'll be foolish not to accept. My hope is we're close and he'll be intrigued with our pitchers enough that could be the tie breaker. But it seems like a fantasy thought.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we get McCann, either one will do b/c I think we'll be lucky to get one of em'.

I don't think we'll be able to sign McCann and Choo. Both contracts will be over 80 million, and I think Choo's might be bigger. That's why I said I would rather have McCann and Cruz than just Choo.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Profar was asked about the trade.“It’s sad for the team, but also it’s a good chance for me to play every day,” Profar said about the trade in an exclusive interview at Tiao Daou Ballpark in Curaçao. “Obviously it’s sad for the team. He was a great guy for us. A leader, a good teammate. It’s a sad loss.”

How good does Profar think the new double play combination will be? “Good,” Profar said, while smiling and laughing as he autographed baseballs in the dugout. “The best.”

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Profar was asked about the trade.“It’s sad for the team, but also it’s a good chance for me to play every day,” Profar said about the trade in an exclusive interview at Tiao Daou Ballpark in Curaçao. “Obviously it’s sad for the team. He was a great guy for us. A leader, a good teammate. It’s a sad loss.”

How good does Profar think the new double play combination will be? “Good,” Profar said, while smiling and laughing as he autographed baseballs in the dugout. “The best.”

I like this kid.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Great info Justink......Thank you.

And I love this kid. He and EA could be something special and as soon as next season IMO.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great info Justink......Thank you.

And I love this kid. He and EA could be something special and as soon as next season IMO.

I think they'll be an outstanding tandem for years to come.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Profar is going to have to cover some ground over there whether it's Mitch or Fielder over there. Fielder is quicker and faster than Mitch now that I think about it.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Profar is going to have to cover some ground over there whether it's Mitch or Fielder over there. Fielder is quicker and faster than Mitch now that I think about it.

Profar has more range than Kinsler so he'll eat some of that up.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Profar has more range than Kinsler so he'll eat some of that up.

Kinsler's range, IMO, was a major attribute. His arm and range were terrific. It was the routine play which he floundered on so much.

And actually, I consider Mitch to be the better defensive 1st baseman between him and Prince.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinsler's range, IMO, was a major attribute. His arm and range were terrific. It was the routine play which he floundered on so much.

And actually, I consider Mitch to be the better defensive 1st baseman between him and Prince.

this would be correct. Profar will need to improve his foot work turning the pivot but other than that, seamless transition with a real opportunity to be a special doubleplay combo in the middle

Status
Not open for further replies.