• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smart move. Just don't bank on him.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinsler's range, IMO, was a major attribute. His arm and range were terrific. It was the routine play which he floundered on so much.

And actually, I consider Mitch to be the better defensive 1st baseman between him and Prince.

There's no doubt Mitch is a better 1B. Just about every 1B in MLB is better defensively than Fielder. There's a misconception because of his size that Fielder is Molina slow, but I would bet that he would beat Beltre, Mitch, and Soto in a race. He's also pretty quick. He won't save as any throwing errors in the dirt so EA and Beltre have got to be accurate.

Last edited by a moderator:

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no doubt Mitch is a better 1B. Just about every 1B in MLB is better defensively than Fielder. There's a misconception because of his size that Fielder is Molina slow, but I would bet that he would beat Beltre, Mitch, and Soto in a race. He's also pretty quick. He won't save as any throwing errors in the dirt so EA and Beltre have got to be accurate.

Fielder, while not great, is a better defender than people give him credit for. He's pretty sound at what he can get to. Where he falls short is range and scooping bad throws out. Profar should eat up some of that range, and hopefully our guys are accurate.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fielder is not a great 1B but I think a lot of us are forgetting that the whole Detroit infield was not all that great With Fielder in his defensive deficiencies, we'll see a lot of that covered up with plus defenders in Belts, Elvis, and Profar. Defensively I like Mitch but Prince will be fine.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fielder is not a great 1B but I think a lot of us are forgetting that the whole Detroit infield was not all that great With Fielder in his defensive deficiencies, we'll see a lot of that covered up with plus defenders in Belts, Elvis, and Profar. Defensively I like Mitch but Prince will be fine.

biggest issue with prince is digging the ball out....throwing errors increase for the others

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Decent point. They had the worst 3rd baseman in baseball, which never helps the 1st baseman.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good move. Great playoffs pitcher. We'll save a spot for ya', Colby.

There is absolutely no downside to this signing. Here's hoping he comes and earns the #5 position.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm happy Colby is back!

Colby was a trooper in every sense of the word, and I just hope he can come back and contribute. He'd like that more than me for sure, I know that.

I know this, if he can make the team in any capacity, he'll be a huge force in the dugout. He'll be a great mentor for Perez and hopefully help Dutch too.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm happy Colby is back!

He won't be ready by the time the season starts, we kept getting burned with reports he would return and he would have another setback. :bawling:

As much as I'd love to see him pitching again, I'm not counting on it.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He won't be ready by the time the season starts, we kept getting burned with reports he would return and he would have another setback. :bawling:

As much as I'd love to see him pitching again, I'm not counting on it.

Neither are the rangers. That's why they signed him to a minor league deal.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither are the rangers. That's why they signed him to a minor league deal.

Right. I'm a fan of the deal, don't get me wrong. No downside...but I wasn't surprised, I expected him to be signed to something like this

Status
Not open for further replies.