• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That better happen fast. The field is starting to diminish .

We really have no idea what all is going on behind the scenes with JD. Makes me think of Moneyball (the movie) when they were on the phone back and forth with other GM's. You know JD is working it. But he has to make sure if a trade/FA signing is made that he has all his bases covered. Like if Profar goes to Cards and have Cano in hand to take over at 2nd. Just an example.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ken Rosenthal@Ken_Rosenthal 1m Source: McCann close with #Yankees on five-year deal for more than $80M.

We could have done this.

Maybe JD has something(s) up his sleeve or McCann really wanted to go to NY.

Last edited by a moderator:

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe JD has another something(s) up his sleeve or McCann really wanted to go to NY.

and he really just wanted to be the catcher. Since the quote about Soto being our number 1 catcher and now the Fielder trade, I thought our chances with him may possibly have diminished.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said this on 11-5:
If Soto is the starting catcher like I predicted weeks ago (sorry, had to throw that in there) than Morales and Cruz is where I would like JD to focus. That gives up options at 1st, DH, and OF. I'm sure JD still has a trade in mind also.
10-24:
I have a feeling the bidding will get higher than JD will pay for McCann. I think we might sign another back-up catcher and roll with Soto, just a hunch. That leaves money for Cruz, and Ellsbury or Choo. Too many positions to fill so I hope JD spends. I just have a feeling he won't upgrade as much as we'd like him too.

I can't find the one where I brought up Navarro. You can go back and look at only the comments you make but it stops at 500.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said this on 11-5:
If Soto is the starting catcher like I predicted weeks ago (sorry, had to throw that in there) than Morales and Cruz is where I would like JD to focus. That gives up options at 1st, DH, and OF. I'm sure JD still has a trade in mind also.
10-24:
I have a feeling the bidding will get higher than JD will pay for McCann. I think we might sign another back-up catcher and roll with Soto, just a hunch. That leaves money for Cruz, and Ellsbury or Choo. Too many positions to fill so I hope JD spends. I just have a feeling he won't upgrade as much as we'd like him too.

I can't find the one where I brought up Navarro. You can go back and look at only the comments you make but it stops at 500.

I remember you bringing up Navarro

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did we quietly cool off on McCann after Fielder?
to pursue others?

That could very well be, Lainey. But whenever you have the Yankees involved . . . :mad:

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evan Grant@Evan_P_Grant [ame="[MEDIA=twitter]404381339299762177[/MEDIA]"]8m[/ame] Am told McCann deal with Yankees will be worth close to $90 million, if not more

It is funny he's the source on this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always thought it was weird that we would sign McCann to a 5 year deal when we have Alfaro growing quickly. I just figured he would be a very tradable asset if we did sign him.

Status
Not open for further replies.