• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ken Rosenthal@Ken_Rosenthal 2m Source: McCann deal with #Yankees is 5/85 with sixth-year vesting option that could bring it to 6/100.

It appears done. Don't think JD would get in a bidding war with the Yankees on this.

Nope, he doesn't need to

Last edited by a moderator:

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ruiz and Saltamacchia are both better catchers than Navarro, and were available. McCann was not the only one. My point was that he would be a good back-up.

Ruiz & Salty weren't signing to be backups though, well maybe Ruiz would've depending on the situation

But you pumping up Ruiz just as much as Navarro

So when you say someone should sign 3 of the top 4 catching candidates, then you aren't really saying much

We all knew we needed 2 catchers

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ruiz & Salty weren't signing to be backups though, well maybe Ruiz would've depending on the situation

But you pumping up Ruiz just as much as Navarro

So when you say someone should sign 3 of the top 4 catching candidates, then you aren't really saying much

We all knew we needed 2 catchers

That's not what I said. I never said we should sign Ruiz. I said I thought the bidding would get to high for McCann and it has. I brought up Navarro as a good plan when JD said Soto would be the starter, which a lot of people said was BS at the time.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol LSB you crack me up.

734489_10202636303453870_444543225_n.jpg

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe nobody responded to this.

The difference in money isn't substantial per year if we were to trade EA for say Tavares & Miller while signing Cano, as opposed to keeping EA and Profar and signing Choo.

What would you guys think if traded EA and Ian and it netted Tavares + 1 more Cardinal, Fielder, and meant the signing of Cano?

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The difference in money isn't substantial per year if we were to trade EA for say Tavares & Miller while signing Cano, as opposed to keeping EA and Profar and signing Choo.

What would you guys think if traded EA and Ian and it netted Tavares + 1 more Cardinal, Fielder, and meant the signing of Cano?

I would have no more soul, but the Rangers would have a lot of runs.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't want Cano for the years he is asking at his age, so not no, but hell no

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think the Cards want to part with the potential output/upside from Tavares, not even for Andrus

Miller I could see, but parting with both inexpensive/high upside players...it doesn't seem like the Cards.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want Cano for the years he is asking at his age, so not no, but hell no

Ok. Why am I not surprised?

I think there's a window here in the next 4 years to really make a push for the WS. Cano is an upgrade, and I'm sure you know it.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok. Why am I not surprised?

I think there's a window here in the next 4 years to really make a push for the WS. Cano is an upgrade, and I'm sure you know it.

Nah, that window closed when Hamilton left. /sarcasm

Status
Not open for further replies.