• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's fun to go back and look at your own thoughts along the way.

and you were thinking that before Fielder, which I'm quite sure no one was posting about

Fielder changed the scenery, I even cooled off a little on McCann after that trade.
Not that I don't want him, well anyway....my post is also back there somewhere

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might be in the minority here, but I would rather roll w/ Soto than bring Salty back.

I just can't see them bringing back Salty. Not sure why, just can't see it.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I would have been shocked if they wouldn't have signed him to this type of deal, I truly wasn't worried about that.

I haven't given up hope, I'm just trying to be cautious after being so freaking disappointed when Colby never made it back last season.
Truth is though, probably won't work anyway. I'll still be disappointed

According to Lewis himself, he thinks a lot of his problems stemmed from his hip problem, which went misdiagnosed for the most part, and this lead to his arm miladies. Now that this is addressed - hopefully remedied - then the playing field is more level for him to return. As much as one should expect from a 34 year old, oft injured man.

But I truly admire and respect Colby. He seems to be a realist on who and what he is, and I don't think he'd ever do anything to hurt the team.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ken Rosenthal@Ken_Rosenthal [ame="[MEDIA=twitter]404385829595791360[/MEDIA]"]2m[/ame] Source: McCann deal with #Yankees is 5/85 with sixth-year vesting option that could bring it to 6/100.

It appears done. Don't think JD would get in a bidding war with the Yankees on this.

Last edited by a moderator:

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sign Cano and trade Profar for Tavares.

The Cards turned down this equivalently last year. They wanted Profar plus another top prospect. Perhaps this has changed due to his ankle injury (it was ankle, right?).

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said this on 11-5:
If Soto is the starting catcher like I predicted weeks ago (sorry, had to throw that in there) than Morales and Cruz is where I would like JD to focus. That gives up options at 1st, DH, and OF. I'm sure JD still has a trade in mind also.
10-24:
I have a feeling the bidding will get higher than JD will pay for McCann. I think we might sign another back-up catcher and roll with Soto, just a hunch. That leaves money for Cruz, and Ellsbury or Choo. Too many positions to fill so I hope JD spends. I just have a feeling he won't upgrade as much as we'd like him too.

I can't find the one where I brought up Navarro. You can go back and look at only the comments you make but it stops at 500.

When McCann was the only FA catcher worth pursuing, Soto automatically became the guy many predicted would be the catcher, so don't hurt yourself patting yourself on the back

The Navarro thing I can give you credit before, but he's a guy I've wanted them to look at in years past

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ken Rosenthal@Ken_Rosenthal 2m Source: McCann deal with #Yankees is 5/85 with sixth-year vesting option that could bring it to 6/100.

It appears done. Don't think JD would get in a bidding war with the Yankees on this.

If these numbers are correct....Happy Trails. I wouldn't match or even get close to this deal.

NEXT....

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ken Rosenthal@Ken_Rosenthal 2m Source: McCann deal with #Yankees is 5/85 with sixth-year vesting option that could bring it to 6/100.

DAMMIT....That's a great deal.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference in money isn't substantial per year if we were to trade EA for say Tavares & Miller while signing Cano, as opposed to keeping EA and Profar and signing Choo.

Just saying

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always thought it was weird that we would sign McCann to a 5 year deal when we have Alfaro growing quickly. I just figured he would be a very tradable asset if we did sign him.

Or moved to DH and part time catcher, which would make more sense

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cards turned down this equivalently last year. They wanted Profar plus another top prospect. Perhaps this has changed due to his ankle injury (it was ankle, right?).

yes, high ankle sprain, never healed....he had surgery this fall

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When McCann was the only FA catcher worth pursuing, Soto automatically became the guy many predicted would be the catcher, so don't hurt yourself patting yourself on the back

The Navarro thing I can give you credit before, but he's a guy I've wanted them to look at in years past

Ruiz and Saltamacchia are both better catchers than Navarro, and were available. McCann was not the only one. My point was that he would be a good back-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.