• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya know, I always looked at this guy with disdain. Nice word, disdain. But after reading your attached article, maybe he wasn't the worthless piece of crap I thought he was. Honestly, I didn't realize he was still in our FO inter circle.

Regardless, thanks for sharing. I appreciate it.

I actually never liked him during his tenure here. Not only he made terrible personnel decisions but he was always unavailable to the media and rarely spoke. He was a douche in Texas which is odd because I was excited when he signed here due to his success in Cleveland during the 90's.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little but more than that I was just giving you a bad time.

Don't know what you guys think about it, but I count this as a win for Texas. Borjous is dangerous. Can't say I'm nearly as concerned with Freese. Seems like another attempt at sticking to Texas that will ultimately backfire.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know what you guys think about it, but I count this as a win for Texas. Borjous is dangerous. Can't say I'm nearly as concerned with Freese. Seems like another attempt at sticking to Texas that will ultimately backfire.

Agreed. As a I stated earlier in this thread, other than a small stretch in 2011 he's just a guy. He may change in Anaheim but I doubt it. But that makes me more crazier to think of all times he had to amazing in 2011.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to hate to see Borjous on base. The guy is like Gentry. Very dangerous. Glad we won't have to put up with him as much.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to hate to see Borjous on base. The guy is like Gentry. Very dangerous. Glad we won't have to put up with him as much.

agreed, he's just been injury prone, but I consider Gentry a more fundamentally sound, an intelligent player to go along with that blazing speed

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agreed, he's just been injury prone, but I consider Gentry a more fundamentally sound, an intelligent player to go along with that blazing speed
I don't think we have seen the best of Gentry yet. At the near end of 2013 he had begun to show what he can contribute if given the playing time.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They really can't stop can they? :L

The are super pissed at Halo's Heaven. A buddy of mine is trying to tell me this is a good trade for Anaheim, and I broke it down to him as follows. Last year they traded Alberto Callaspo and lost depth in the IF. So they traded to get Freese, who is basically just Alberto Callaspo at this point, and had to send their second best prospect to do it.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The are super pissed at Halo's Heaven. A buddy of mine is trying to tell me this is a good trade for Anaheim, and I broke it down to him as follows. Last year they traded Alberto Callaspo and lost depth in the IF. So they traded to get Freese, who is basically just Alberto Callaspo at this point, and had to send their second best prospect to do it.
That is plain dumb.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually never liked him during his tenure here. Not only he made terrible personnel decisions but he was always unavailable to the media and rarely spoke. He was a douche in Texas which is odd because I was excited when he signed here due to his success in Cleveland during the 90's.

You summed his tenure up right there.

I agree 100%. When he came to Texas I thought we had pulled off a great deal. I still remember him in those silly ass sunglasses doing commercials for the Rangers. Embarrassing actually.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Bourjos more than Freese. I guess Albert will be everyday DH now.

To me, from the Angels standpoint, this addresses an immediate need, 3rd base. But from the Cards standpoint it addresses CF, RF, 3rd and 2nd, all in one move. Pretty nice if it works right for them. And ya know, a lot seems to work right for them?

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They really can't stop can they? :L
One of the guys in that conversation asked, wonder if they, Angels, would try to trade Hamilton. Who would want that contract?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the guys in that conversation asked, wonder if they, Angels, would try to trade Hamilton. Who would want that contract?

Especially after last year's performance. I'm betting he deep down inside he wishes he could be part of the rangers again.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Especially after last year's performance. I'm betting he deep down inside he wishes he could be part of the rangers again.
He never had it so good so I expect you're right.

Status
Not open for further replies.