• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PDay - "I still laugh at the opinion that Profar will never hit plus 17 homers or hit higher than the mid 270's."

It's these kind of remarks which make it easy to dislike you. I remember this conversation, and I don't recall anyone saying that he would never hit more than 17 or above .270. I think Rev said "ceiling" which doesn't mean he will never do it. I don't remember what the numbers used were. I also remember saying to you just make things up to try an prove your points, which is what you've done here.

I believe Profar will be about a .280 hitter and hit us about 15-20 HR's a year. I don't think it will be next year either. That said, I like the trade.

If you're right about Profar - this seems to be a fair assessment to me - that's some pretty good numbers for 10+ years. Especially if he is eventually moved to SS.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree ESPN. This past year with over 500 ABs had just 9 HRs and hit 262. Even when I saw him in the playoffs I thought there is something wrong with this guy. He looked like he had lost too much weight. Plus he has zero speed. And quite frankly Bourjos made me nervous just because of his speed if he got on base.

I think Freese was battling a back problem all season, that's without going back and looking...there was some kind of lingering injury

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you honestly think the Cardinals give a damn about the Fielder trade? You honestly think their GM sees our move and makes a reaction. That's ridiculous.

I can see this move helping then quite a bit. It allows them to move John Jay from center, and Mr Bourg is an excellent fielder. It also allows them to move Carpenter to 3rd and start Wong at 2nd. Also, Traveras is a a COF, not a CF. So the trade really helps them at several positions.

I was 100% joking. chill

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PDay - "I still laugh at the opinion that Profar will never hit plus 17 homers or hit higher than the mid 270's."

It's these kind of remarks which make it easy to dislike you. I remember this conversation, and I don't recall anyone saying that he would never hit more than 17 or above .270. I think Rev said "ceiling" which doesn't mean he will never do it. I don't remember what the numbers used were. I also remember saying to you just make things up to try an prove your points, which is what you've done here.

I believe Profar will be about a .280 hitter and hit us about 15-20 HR's a year. I don't think it will be next year either. That said, I like the trade.

I personally feel that is right on about what Profar will do as he matures. I see a guy with some pop. He just needs the opportunity to play everyday in a specific position. Utility IF and playing OF is tough on a 1st time 20 year old.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was 100% joking. chill

Nothing to chill about. You didn't seem like you were joking. It was a silly comment IMO.

I'm not trying - SWEAR - to start another range war here. Just the comment caught me as really off line.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure everyone who knows me here knows I was joking. So yes, relax. The cardinals are the best org. in baseball, better than us. I'm not stupid.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not always what you say, it's the way you say it. "YOU" is not directed at you. It pertains to us all. Most of the time everyone agrees to listen and respect others opinion but sometime there's a slip up. We all just need to be a little more understanding and respectful of others. Any thing said here applies to me as much as anyone else.
:agree:

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally feel that is right on about what Profar will do as he matures. I see a guy with some pop. He just needs the opportunity to play everyday in a specific position. Utility IF and playing OF is tough on a 1st time 20 year old.

He was placed in a no win situation last season. I don't blame the Rangers necessarily, but Profar as a kid/player had the deck stacked against him big time.

Question: Is he still playing only SS in winter ball?

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure everyone who knows me here knows I was joking. So yes, relax. The cardinals are the best org. in baseball, better than us. I'm not stupid.

You're the one who needs to relax. I never said, nor do I consider you stupid. Don't float crap like that. I don't know you.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

were you Jeremy over at ESPN?

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya know, I always looked at this guy with disdain. Nice word, disdain. But after reading your attached article, maybe he wasn't the worthless piece of crap I thought he was. Honestly, I didn't realize he was still in our FO inter circle.

Regardless, thanks for sharing. I appreciate it.

Seems like he was not a fan of MY when we obtained him and he was into pitchers who only threw in their high 90's. A guy with good stuff was not his cup of tea.

Status
Not open for further replies.